Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Opinions

Just do some homework on my next vehicle and though id see whats all been done for our vehicles...and it turns out there are alot of mods, not as many engine mods that are out there.

what do you guys think of this.

http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/281...ictures/103399

Old 11-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just my .02 cents - I think he took all the "class" out of his Jag by adding all that crap inside and out... I think the ones on the back of the seats are cool...but the vanity mirrors AND the dash is just complete overkill.

I dont care if I was married to Pamela Anderson and we were watching a video of us getting it on...I still dont need 5 screens (in my car) to see that "Im da man"...

Also I think the rims and the color just make a beautiful car look gaudy...

Old 11-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

5 screens ,lol what the pillock is that ?

Old 11-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I have to agree as well, poor choice in modifications, and music.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like technology threw up inside the car.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco stu55
Just do some homework on my next vehicle and though id see whats all been done for our vehicles...and it turns out there are alot of mods, not as many engine mods that are out there.

what do you guys think of this.

http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/281...ictures/103399
Personally, I like the exterior mods - I think it keeps the Jaguar look with a unique look to it.

The interior mods a little too much. Here is what I think would work (given that is how I have mine set up )

1. In dash stock navigation - cool.

2. Add the ACM - works great as a media hub. Now here is what I did with my ACM (next few points)

3. I have a bluetooth stereo (sony) receiver that is connected to the Aux input jack on the ACM. The Bluetooth is paired with my ipad, Ipod Touch and iphone

4. iPod Touch permanently connected to the ACM. When I need to use the bluetooth receiver I simply disconnect the ACM from the iPod Touch.

5. I have a Verizon mi-fi unit that fits inside the passenger side console with an extra power outlet. The Mi-fi unit is always on and powered by the USB power (I used velcro to hold the mi fi unit). All my devices are paired with the mi fi.

6. Now when I use the mi fi, I can use my iPod Touch to either play music from the ipod, Pandora, Slacker or the XM App! The audio obviously goes through the ACM and to the car audio. I can use the ipod Touch screen to control the music etc.

7. Better still, I have an ipad that I use for video and other such stuff. With the mi fi unit I can get Netflix and tons of other video content and browse the web etc. The ipad can send audio though the car stereo by using the paired bluetooth receiver or with headphones.

In the end, I think I have every single capability in terms of connected media in my X Type as you see in the mod without it looking messy in anyway. In fact, not a single wire is visible anywhere!

I believe the glove compartment power outlet is a dealer installed option.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i can appreciate the bmw M3 front bumper conversion. Flows with the 2009 grill. BUT, WHY the ridiculous paint and tinted headlights???? the wheels are not overly ostentatious, why not keep the whole vehicle clean and consistent? seems like people tend to do subtle changes and then cannot contain themselves and just continue to 'mod and mod and mod' until a car is absurd-looking. imagine if this car did JUST the suspension, wheels and bumper conversion with the new jag grill and left the car painted 'factory' black, silver or white... it would look very classy and clean.
The excessive electronics are the equivalent of a 'gold pinky ring' and a yellow gold necklace...

Old 11-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by j_bond
i can appreciate the bmw M3 front bumper conversion. Flows with the 2009 grill. BUT, WHY the ridiculous paint and tinted headlights???? the wheels are not overly ostentatious, why not keep the whole vehicle clean and consistent? seems like people tend to do subtle changes and then cannot contain themselves and just continue to 'mod and mod and mod' until a car is absurd-looking. imagine if this car did JUST the suspension, wheels and bumper conversion with the new jag grill and left the car painted 'factory' black, silver or white... it would look very classy and clean.
The excessive electronics are the equivalent of a 'gold pinky ring' and a yellow gold necklace...
I guess the same applies to plastic surgery

Old 11-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member

haha yes, i like the color to a degree, i think he should have kept the interori stock, and the headlights tooo, maybe 12k bulbs to add some flare....

The bumper is sweet i like it. I didnt know the bumper was a direct swap for the 09 version. Hmmmm

Old 11-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

I don't like the paint with the large metallic flake, but the front end looks interesting. Would like to see it in person though. The inside??......What's the point? Just because you can? To each is own I guess.

Disco, what was the final verdict on your car?

Old 11-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,749 Likes on 7,100 Posts

Originally Posted by j_bond
seems like people tend to do subtle changes and then cannot contain themselves and just continue to 'mod and mod and mod' until a car is absurd-looking.

I think you've pretty well pegged it.

Sometimes I wonder if this sort of thing is just a contest....and if any part of the car is left alone, you lose.

Cheers
DD

Old 11-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

Well The transmissions gone. According to the tranny shop they had another two jags and a cadillac tranny jobs in the past week. So Im forking up the 4500 bucks, fixing it, having the transfer case checked and send her on her way...unfornatly.

Im looking at a 08/09 limited commander