X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P035*, P1367, but looks like not the ECU!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 12:18 PM
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

On my X-type that exact vacuum hose connection you point out has been RTV'd into place so the previous owner must have had a problem with it. Sorry, I have no idea what, when, or why.

The following users liked this post:
cly (07-10-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 11:13 AM
cly
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Today was started at Jaguar dealer again.
After some hours of searching they have found nothing and have no further ideas except to replace sparks, coils, etc again with original Jaguar ones until the problem becomes solved.
But I should pay for each part built in whether it solves the problem or not and they cannot guarantee that it becomes solved either.

At least I got their readings from the car which attached below.
One was made 10 days ago and the other was made today.

Maybe somebody sees something and can push me to whatever direction because at the moment I am losing hope (((

Readings made today.

Readings made 10 days ago.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts

Reread post #6 & go back to diagnostic pin out. Seems to me your answer is staring right at you. (On pin out directions, what does it say to do if the ohms are above?)

Old 07-15-2019, 11:17 AM
cly

Originally Posted by Dell Gailey
Reread post #6 & go back to diagnostic pin out. Seems to me your answer is staring right at you. (On pin out directions, what does it say to do if the ohms are above?)
Do You think that despite I measured the same value on the bank2 (which has no problems at all) it still may be the reason of problems with bank1?
I was very happy when measured that value but became sad when found same on good bank. If somebody can confirm that this still may be the cause I would be happy again
S

Old 07-15-2019, 11:29 AM
cly

Can somebody tell me how can I locate the "IGNITION CAPACITOR" and "G8AL" ground point shown on the diagram below in my car?
Can I somehow test this capacitor? What values should I mesaure on it?

Old 07-15-2019, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2019, 11:47 PM
cly

Excuse me, but this link does not answers the question. Its about the capacitor's function. I was asking about LOCATION. I was searching here and googling around without success.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:15 AM
Veteran Member

Well read post #6 (hint: water pump belt), then feel around in the dark using the Braille method because obviously you can't see, read schematics, color coded wiring. Best advice is take to someone with more than a singular brain cell to fix your problem.

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 07-16-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:52 AM
cly

Well read post #6 (hint: water pump belt), then feel around in the dark using the Braille method because obviously you can't see, read schematics, color coded wiring. Best advice is take to someone with more than a singular brain cell to fix your problem.
If you followed the thread you should have seen I was trying everything advised, read docs, measured values, made pictures.
You should have seen too that I am not an auto expert at all.
I am asking because here you are the experts.
I am asking something to confirm because I am afraid of e.g. taking off the intake manifold (which name I learned here) myself and want to be sure it really could help.
I did it. But still afraid to making things worse.
The car left unsolved after visiting local mechanics (spark, coil replaced) and jaguar dealer's workshop (data read).
So I am the only hand here and you have the knowledge I am trying to use.

I dont know which of my acts here leaded to this kind of anger.
Hope You feel much better after writing such words to a beginner (but your jag-mate same time) trying to solve a problem.

Now following your advice I will try to find the water pump belt somewhere (workshop manual, which I was using before) and identify somehow a device which can
be the ignition capacitor with right colored (black and read/white from the electrical manual) wiring despite the wiring is mostly bounded and the colors arent visible through it.
I would have felt a little more helpful a photo of your car's appropriate parts which could lead me to right place but I will try to do without that.

Thank you.
S

Old 07-16-2019, 11:34 AM
cly

I found ground point G8, removed the screw, cleaned the connector and the screw and mounted back.
I dissassembled the top of the engine again and measured the ground resistance which is 1.8ohm now on both sides instead of 12ohm I was measuring earlier.
I found the ignition capacitor too. It was a bit misleading that it has two black wires well visible which leads to its hidden connector in 10cm and the black and red/white wires I found there.
I measured the capacitor and it was 6974nF. I tried to torture it with a hair dryer until it get hot but the value remained the same.
Nothing changed except I have a broken TP sensor connector now
The misfires still there.
I will summarize the current status in the next post.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:01 PM
cly

Summary:

The car produces misfire errors on bank1's cylinders (sometimes only on one cylinder, sometimes on all). All the codes listed on post #22.
The errors arent constant. Almost all the time they are appearing after reaching normal operating temperature (closed loop phase begins?) and almost never at cold start.
Errors disappear (dont reach stored state) after some seconds/minutes, MIL switches off, only the check engine light remains.
This recovery time can be shortened by trying to keep rpm above 2500.

What was tried until now:
- sparks replaced on bad side at local service point
- ignition coils replaced on bad side at local service point
- compression measured at local service point, okay
- pinpoint test completed by myself according to workshop manual (found ground resistance 12ohm instead of beign below 5ohm; ground point cleaned, now less than 2ohm; still no success)
- ecm disassembled, all the electrolytic capacitors replaced while hunting for leaks (no leaks detected) by myself
- cylinder 1-2 coils swaped by myself
- ignition capacitor was measured by myself and found 6974nF value (is that okay?)
- vacuum hoses checked by local service point, no leaks detected
- visited official jaguar servicepoint, got car back without ideas (except their computer readings in post #22)

Hope I listed everything and cleaned away all of my incompetent tips about coolant levels and oxygen sensors.
I am asking Your valuable help to dealing with above situation.