X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Chip for my Jag

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aCapiz
Don't get too disappointed because where there is a will there is a way. If it's power you are after, we can't forget the guy who successfully supercharged his X-Type. So if you really wanted to it's definitely possible. I attatched an article that highlights all of this, currently his X Type is making 346bhp @ 7000rpm! In addition he added a Nitrous Oxide system
Great article. Aside from the look of this car (kinda revolting) - I dream about making my X into a sleeper-screamer with engine mods like that.

No mention about how well the driveshaft, etc. have held up with all this increased power.

Would be such a fun project to take on.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking car...love that color and the rims... nice set up... did you tint the windows also ?

Old 11-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I have heard some good things about that volo chip, including one guy on this forum for his jag, but they are like $100 and I'm not 100% sold on them. They are supposed to monitor your sensors and stuff and override the factory ecu for better horsepower or fuel economy. I've heard better things about the performance chip than the fuel economy chip. Then again, it may not be worth it. I've read nonturbo cars benefit very little from ecu chips.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Performance chip for $100??? Seriously, if there was something that could be added to a car for that amount of money you don't think the factory would be all over that? It's all about common sense/smell test. If it seems too good to be true, 99.9999% it isn't. There is no free lunch when it comes to these sorts of things. Every so often someone asks this same question and the answer is still the same: THEY ARE ALL CRAP AND WORTHLESS. The most cost effective way to the best performance of your car is to take car of the routine maintenance, change the fluids regularly and if there is a problem or check engine light have it addressed right away. The manufacturers spend hundreds of thousands of hours in engineering time and testing to get the most powerful and efficient car possible at a given price point. You really think someone can improve on that to any substantial degree for $100? Doesn't make sense and pass the smell test for me. If you want something more powerful buy a different car. PROVE ME WRONG!!!! I DARE YOU!!!!

OK, my rant is over, I'm better now........

Old 11-24-2013, 03:39 AM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

That's a ridiculous argument because there are a number of things I could buy for $100 or less that will make my car faster or get better mileage. So I just did prove you wrong. On a Jaguar, no a $100 chip is probably not going to do much, but on an average little rinky dink car, a chip like that might be a big difference. Plus there is a trustworthy member on this board who did install one on his Jaguar and said it improved the performance.

Last edited by 04xtype04; 11-24-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Received 91 Likes on 78 Posts

Who? I still haven't seen anyone post on here that has done it. Its just like with the sway bars, someone says someone else has had a set made and installed (but it was a big hassle from what I hear) but I've never heard from the actually person. I have yet to find a reputable company that sells chips or programers (I've looked, and contacted many of them) for the X-type other than arden and the company that tuned that supercharged one with the ugly body kit. And both of those companies say they need your car there to tune it. So I call shenanigans on "chips".

Last edited by Justink201; 11-24-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Default racing x-type

Hello, I want to start a project with a x-type, to prepare it for rally. What do You think? how much power can I get on a x type?

What I read until now did not encouraged me at all... but I am hoping somebody, somewhere tried this...

Old 06-23-2014, 02:33 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Save your money...it is not a sports car...

Old 04-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Default Jaguar x type !

Originally Posted by The Chris X
This question has been asked at least eleventy billion times on this forum.
,,well Chris ,,I don't get it wen folks have a bond with their car &wish for tht same car to be added regular features without changing it's original shape,,I've seen awesome mechanic put to the test of rebuilding a old 1980 corolla engine,which out runs the newest of cars &As a youngster bak then this gives me hope tht nothing is impossible,,so plz" for all u car guru's be nice🤔I've put my x type to tht test of out running a 2008 supercharge BMW & I was proud,,with no added features to my car ,,the driver of the BMW had pulled me over based on way he had seen then he bought me a drink=Why there's hope for the x type okay 😎

Old 04-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Default Jaguar x type !

Originally Posted by exexpat
That bloody motor is bonkers, mate!

Minus the wheels, aero kit and taillights, it would be a beautiful car. And yes, I know it was built in the early 2000's, but I would have said the same thing 7 or 8 years ago, too.
where's this article,,if it's not a prob" or taking up your time kindly send this article to my email @ robertsonac@ymail.com,,,thanks ,,😎 I wud sure love to read up on such & hopefully to get in contact with such a person...

Old 04-07-2018, 07:45 PM
Default Jaguar x type

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
Excellent news Jagz, not only can you get an increase of 80 horses while doing the simple install of a few wire, but for a couple of hundred bucks you can add an electric Supercharger!!!

They're all crap, if you see one that requires you to send in your ECM it might actually be real, the rest are snake oil salesman.
nice article ,,wat I am impressed about are 2 things,,either the electric supercharger or getting 80 horses added to my custom x type ,,if it's not a prob can u email me @ robertsonac@ymail.com money ain't a prob" my jag is running good ,,I just need tht push for 1 vendetta I've been caring for these new Ford mustang ,,I was embarrassed by 1,,not even the new sports genesis can walk over me😎 & my car it's just simple clean & elegant in looks,but not to be under estimated 🤔🤔

Old 07-22-2020, 04:15 PM
Default Associate

Originally Posted by exexpat
That bloody motor is bonkers, mate!

Minus the wheels, aero kit and taillights, it would be a beautiful car. And yes, I know it was built in the early 2000's, but I would have said the same thing 7 or 8 years ago, too.
okay having read & seen articles on x type jaguar performance chip tuning for better horse power,,iam impressed with the above mentioned article of how someone got there x type jaguar super charge ,,so here's my email address
poodoolaac@live.com
Please send me the safest & best site where to shop for my performance racing chip for my 2.5ltr v6 x type jaguar motor car,,iam looking for a hundred pounds boost,,in addition to what been stocked.