X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photo shoot

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Photo shoot

I got an email from Limerock race park, in CTtoday asking if I could come down tomorrow (Tuesday) for a Photo Shoot, which will be in one of the car magazines. I use to race there in my younger days and I keep in touch via their newsletters and emails. The Manager saw my X last fall and loved it. He sent me the email about the shoot.

If I feel good, (and that is a day to day thing with me) I'll drive down there and take part, it is about 2 hours plus ride.

God, I might become famous in my old age.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Good for you , you gotta love your X

Old 06-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice

Old 06-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

Nice. Hope it turns out well and they get good shots of your hot rod.

Oddly enough, Mike Gilbert is shooting my car this evening... Coincidence?

I think we may be on the verge of an X-Type demand wave with car enthusiasts - at least I secretly hope so. If I had a nickel for E36, Jetta, WRX or R Chassis I see modded...

Old 06-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Unhappy Photo Shoot

I was to sick to go, I was so sick that I could barely get out of bed to pee. I emailed the manager and he understood, I am so disappointed, I hate to let people down. I haven't eaten since Sunday, just 6 cups a tea a day. I guess I have to call the stomach doctor.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Adam,

Not to thread jack/ but I hope you get better real soon. Only if ya had Marinol or some meds to give you relief to just get a good meal in, Im in no way a Doc or giving advice.

Im rooting for ya Adam!

Old 06-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  19.3 KB

+1 on fabfives comments Adam.....really hope you get better soon buddy.

A shame you missed the shoot, but maybe another time?

All the best

Old 06-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Veteran Member

Looking forward to hearing good news , 6 cup of tea with an empty stomach don't sound a good combination

Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Smile Photo Shoot and watch a Jaguar being made

I was so disappointed, I was almost in tears. I called my doctor, actually two and told them what was gong on. My civilian doctor is going to see me Friday. The VA doctor didn't want to know nothing, he said the pharmacy won't fill the Marinol script and they have the last say on these type of medications. Sorry Adam that's all I can do, I called the Patient Advocate at the Va and got the same answer. Thank you all for the words of encouragement, but I am not getting better, still can't eat.

Anyway if you want to see a XK being built and you have DirectV go to SPEED on demand and search for Speedmakers, They have a episode in a Jaguar factory and they show the assembly of the entire car. Very cool. Jaguar built 28 of these cars a day. The only weld on the car is were the roof meets the B pillar rear quarter panel. The rest of the car's body is glued and riveted together. If you have trouble finding SPEED on Demand use your remote and hit the menu key and click on Smart Search, type in SPEED and a menu will pop up to the right and it list all programs with speed in the title. The first one on mine was SPEED and the next SPEED on Demand. I almost forgot. Where the windshield meets the roof there is no molding on my car. I called Jaguar of Hartford and he said there is no molding there just of piece of indented rubber. He even went out to the lot as they had an X for sale and when he came back and verified there is no molding. Trouble is, my windshield along the top is starting to delaminate. I am wondering if I should try a find a piece of molding or have my body shop guy use some sort of adhesive or whatever to close the gap. Any ideas?

Last edited by Adam Lueb; 06-23-2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: add text
Old 06-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Unhappy Photo Shoot

Originally Posted by RegentV12
Looking forward to hearing good news , 6 cup of tea with an empty stomach don't sound a good combination
Looks like I am going back to the hospital again. I called one of my doctors late yesterday, he returned my call early this AM. I told him the problem and he is going to talk to the two other doctors that have been treating me the one I called treats my back, the other two my stomach. I sorry, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:30 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Adam Lueb
Looks like I am going back to the hospital again. I called one of my doctors late yesterday, he returned my call early this AM. I told him the problem and he is going to talk to the two other doctors that have been treating me the one I called treats my back, the other two my stomach. I sorry, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

Sorry to hear about that nasty ache , I hope it turns out to be an easy treatment