X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radio antenna connection help needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default radio antenna connection help needed

my x is long gone but my parents still have an 03. they called me yesterday and said that the radio is not working properly. the cd player is fine however when trying to ge the radio on it displays NO FM and NO AM. did a search and found 2 threads about this but neither had a solution. called the dealership and was told that the radio is not getting a signal from the antenna so it is one of 3 things -

1.the radio somehow broke internally and is not seeing the signal

2. the antenna line running from the trunk to the radio somehow got cut (doubt it)

3. the connection at the rear window (where the antenna is located) is loose or disconnected (this is my guess)

i removed the radio and the connection on the back is secure. my next step will be using the antenna adapters i have left over to attach a bare wire and see if the radio sees that signal. if that works then i know it is the radio (at this point i don't feel this is the case), if it doesn't then i think it is the cable to connection at the rear window, which leads me to my question.

where exactly is the connection between the rear window and the antenna line running to the front? i partially removed the trunk liner and saw all the fiber optic cables on the driver's side but nothing that looked like the antenna line nor could i find anything running up to the window while laying down in the trunk and looking up. they do not have the folding rear seats if that is an issue or concern. can someone tell me, in great detail if possible, where that connection for the rear window is?

Old 04-04-2010, 09:58 AM
ud
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

look behind the left rear C pillar for the antenna connection and amplifier box

Old 04-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[please forgive this dumb question, I'm very new to Jag ownership]

Is your radio antenna external? That's something I've been wondering about and the audio manual doesn't really address. My X-type doesn't have an external antenna and the radio reception is very poor. I've asked Jaguar North America customer service about it and the lady said she'd research it and get back to me - that was a couple of weeks ago. I also emailed my dealership but didn't get a response.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Emerald - the antenna is embedded in the rear window glass. And yes, reception generally sucks....if you search this board you'll see several discussions about that.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:28 PM
ud
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what I mean by "behind the C pillar" is it is behind the plastic trim on the inside of the C pillar.

Pull back some of the rear door weather stripping, and then unclip the inside trim. You will find everything there.