X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to kick the tires on the Yard Art

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ready to kick the tires on the Yard Art

Ok, I don't want to waste anybody's time, so let me say that I'm just venting here and thanks for listening if you decide to read on. I'm ready to kick the tires on my Yard Art- my lovely 04 x type threw the ! and the engine light again and went into limp mode. Again. I wasn't even two miles from home. My ex just replaced the throttle pedal sensor last week and cleared the code and it was fine all last week and over the weekend. Then it threw the same code and the ! and engine light and he checked over it and cleared the code again.

I'm waiting for the service manager at the dealership to call me. I'm going to ask if it could be a defective part or if they need to clear the code with their computer instead of my ex's handheld one. I don't know anything about cars past checking the oil and I'm frustrated and angry.

I just ordered a coolant reservoir from Nally Jag this morning because it has little pin holes near the top. I can deal with that; I figure that's just regular wear and tear but this other thing is ridiculous! I'm sooooooo frustrated. I just want to get to work and I can't. Again. I need to do shopping and run errands. And I wanted to go to the Jaguar show in Richmond this weekend. Looks like that's down the tubes too. Grrrrrrrr

I went to the bank this morning to test drive it since he cleared the codes again last night and I had to stop and cut it off and restart several times trying to get rid of the !. That finally worked but the engine light stayed on.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Sorry to hear you are frustrated - we've all been there too. There could be any number of things causing the limp mode, I'd take a guess you may have a vac leak somewhere. Use that as a search term on this board and you'll find all kinds of threads detailing where to look and check. Often it can be a $15 part.

Or, drop it off at the dealer, they should give you a free loaner, and then do your errands. Everytime I get a non-Jaguar loaner it reminds me why I like the X so much. Even though I usually just use the loaner to get home from the dealer and then i drive one of my other cars. But you get the idea.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you. You're so kind. It's at the dealership now and they're saying the code might have meant something other than the throttle pedal sensor, so my fingers are crossed that the problem will be an easy, inexpensive fix since this is the fourth thing fixed in as many months.