X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AT RECALL exists and others. 02-03 X-type RECALL LIST.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AT RECALL exists and others. 02-03 X-type RECALL LIST.

[align=left]Here are some recalls for 2002 and some 2003 X-Types[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Most of these have Customer letter attached to them along with complete information about the recall:[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Let me know which ones you are interested in, and i will post it here.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]For now, i am posting most interesting ones:[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]A/T replacement and ECM/TCM reprogram[/align]

XT501-S948
040201Campaign - Seat Stabilization Kit Installation

XT307-S941030901Campaign - A/T Replacement POSTED

XT310-S933030801Campaign - Fuel Tank Inspection/Replacement POSTED

XT501-S940030601Campaign - Headlamp Power Wash Jet Link Replacement POSTED

XT303-S937030301Campaign - Reprogram ECM/TCM to Enhance DriveabiltiyPOSTED

XT310-S936030301Campaign - Throttle Pedal Stop

XT413-R935030301Recall - Turn Signals Defect Replace GECM

XT303-S928030101Campaign - Crankcase Breather Valve

XT303-S932030101Campaign - Cooling Fans Inoperative POSTED

XT205-S930021001Campaign - Check Front Axle CV Joint Retention Clips

XT418-S918020301Campaign - Ignition Supply Fuse Change

[URL=htt

Old 03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Default RE: A/T recall does exists and others. LIST.

Campaign - Reprogram ECM/TCM to Enhance Driveabiltiy

XT303-S937
X-TYPE
DATE 03/03MODEL
2002-03 MY
X-TYPE
VIN
C00294-D17471

Enhancements To Vehicle Operation - Reprogram ECM/TCM - Service Action S937This service action supersedes Service Actions S926 and S931.
(Technical bulletins XT307-S926 and XT412-S931.)

Issue:
A significant change has been introduced in production to the programming of the Engine Control Module (ECM) and for automatic transmission vehicles, the Transmission Control Module (TCM) that provides a perceptable enhancement to the vehicle's operation.
On manual transmission vehicles, the ECM should be reprogrammed to the latest condition using Worldwide Diagnostic System (WDS) release JTP 759/23A or later. On automatic transmission vehicles, the ECM and TCM should be reprogrammed to the latest condition using Worldwide Diagnostic System (WDS) release JTP 759/23A or later.
It is intended that this Service Action be carried out in conjunction with Recall Action R935 Direction Indicator Tell Tale Operation.
This Service Action supersedes the following campaigns:

^
XT307-S926 Degradation of Shift Quality
^
XT412-S931 A/C System Failure Due to Incorrect Engine Management Software

Action:
Perform these reprograming procedures on any 2002-03 MY X-TYPE vehicle, within the above VIN range, on which they have not already been carried out.
REPROGRAMMING PROCEDURE Note: Ensure WDS is loaded with software release JTP 759/23A or later.

1.Position WDS alongside vehicle, switch Portable Test Unit (PTU) 'ON' and allow software to load.
2.Connect PTU to vehicle DLC using diagnostic cable.
3.Enter VIN and navigate to configuration main menu.
4.Select and run 're-configure existing ECM' application.
5.After reconfiguration of ECM is complete, return to configuration main menu.
6.On automatic transmission vehicles, select and run 're-configure existing TCM' application.
7.On all vehicles, after reconfiguration of ECM/TCM is complete, switch 'OFF' PTU, disconnect from vehicle, and return WDS to original location.
8.Fill out an authorized modification label (Illustration 1) and apply it to the underside of the hood. This information can be written on the same label being used for R935.

Warranty Information:

Warranty claims should be submitted quoting the information shown. This will result in payment of the stated time and, where applicable, parts/miscellaneous expense codes as listed.
The options that allow for drive in/drive out can only be claimed when the vehicle has been brought in for this action alone to be undertaken.
The SRO(s) listed have been included for information only, there will be no requirement to enter the parts or SRO(s) onto the claim.Note: Always review a Vehicle's Claim History within DDW first to determine whether this service action has been previously performed on a specific vehicle. The "Review Claim History" function will display a list of claims against the vehicle. If this service action appears in the program code field, do not perform this service action.

HERE IS A LETTER TO CUSTOMERS:

Old 03-12-2008, 10:17 PM

Campaign - A/T Replacement

XT307-S941
X-TYPE
DATE 09/03MODEL
2002 MY
X-TYPE
VIN
specific VINs

JATCO JF506E Transmission Replacement - Reverse Clutch Piston Durability - Service Action S941
Issue:
The automatic transmission used on some 2002 MY 2.5L & 3.0L X-TYPE vehicles may contain a reverse clutch piston that is not durable. This issue affects specific vehicles within the above VIN range that have had transmissions fitted from production that have been built in January February March, September and October 2001.
As a result the driver may experience a harsh shift that will lead to transmission slippage, and ultimately transmission failure, if the corrective action detailed in this bulletin is not completed.

Various flowcharts providing an overview of the processes involved in this Service Action are shown.
A listing of all affected vehicles, as well as, a summary of affected vehicles by retailer is available from the Jaguar Service Support web site.Note: Only those vehicles listed on the spreadsheet available on the website are eligible for this service action. The spreadsheet list supersedes what applicability may be listed on DDW.

While the vehicle is in the workshop, please use this opportunity to complete all outstanding Service Actions including S937 in particular.
Action:
The repair of vehicles within this service action must be targeted in a specific order.
Note the following when scheduling vehicles to replace their transmissions:

1. Unsold vehicles and vehicles that have less than 3000 miles on them MUST have a NEW transmission installed, not a remanufactured transmission. These vehicles take priority over all others as new transmissions have been supplied to start the service action. (A remanufactured transmission can be identified by an affixed label stating "remanufactured" adhered to the top of the transmission).
Note: Only transmissions with an EKA suffix can be used in this Service Action. Transmissions with an EKA suffix must not be used to repair any vehicle not specifically covered by this service action.

2. Transmissions manufactured in September and October 2001 are more susceptible to this concern and therefore the customer contact strategy should focus on those vehicles within the VIN range C32605 to C62327.

3. Vehicles within the VIN range of C00519 to C32604 should be contacted last.
Note: Some vehicles contained in this service action may already have a replacement transmission. If so, the vehicle might not be eligible to receive a replacement transmission.

To determine whether the transmission requires replacement, check the transmission serial number. Replace the transmission only if the serial number meets the following conditions:

2.5L and 3.0L starting with 11xxxxx

2.5L and 3.0L starting with 12xxxxx

2.5/3.0L: 1300001 - 1399999

2.5L: 1908190 - 1999999 & 1X00001 - 1X08740

3.0L: 1908384 - 1999999 & 1X00001 - 1X09438

Note: If the serial number has a letter stamped behind it, do not replace the transmission - the letter indicates that it has been remanufactured to the latest specification.

If the serial number is outside this range, do not replace the transmission. Submit a claim for the inspection only
In all cases, the replacement transmission serial number must be captured for Jaguar's database. This bulletin contains specific instructions on how to enter this information based on your dealer management system: ADP, Reynolds & Reynolds. All other DMS systems do not support this functionality; use the DDW system to update a serialized component as described in attachment # 4.
Below is an example to assist in interpreting the serial number
Example: 1X15384

The first digit indicates the year of manufacture (Examples: 1 - 2001; 2 - 2002; etc.) The second digit/letter indicates the month of manufacture (Examples) shown.
The digits 3 - 7 are the running number of the transmission manufactured in the year/month given.
The example serial number was the 15384th transmission manufactured in October 2001.
The procedure for replacing the transmission inclusive of an oil level fill and check is included in this bulletin
After completing the installation of the transmission, complete the "JATCO S941 Automatic Transmission Replacement Form" enclosed in the box. This form will accompany the returned unit back to the remanufacturer for review and or action.
SPECIAL TOOLS
A listing of all of the required tools to carry out this service action can be found on the Jaguar Service Support website .
In addition to the existing tools two new special tools have been developed and supplied to your dealership under a separate cover.
1 X Engine Support Brackets (303-1068)
1 X Torque Adapter (303-1069)
Using these new tools, the engine remains in the vehicle while the transmission is replaced. Therefore the warranty time has been adjusted accordingly.
The WDS must be loaded with software Issue 24B or later to reset the TCM adaptations after installation of the transmission.
LOANER CAR REIMBURSEMENT
As the repair will take up to a full day to complete, you will need to consider the level of courtesy service that should be provided to your customers when performing this Service Action. To assist with this, a $40.00 rental car reimbursement will be provided, if necessary This will be claimed through the service action. (Refer to warranty section).
CUSTOMER CONTACT
As the result of discussions with the Service Sub-committee, it has been recommended that you initiate the contact with your customers, due to the large number of vehicles affected and dealer workshop capacity.
As you begin contacting customers, please emphasize that their vehicle will need to be brought in for an inspection of the transmission serial number, and that only if necessary, will their transmission be replaced.
This action is required as a number of known-good replacement transmissions have already been installed in some of the vehicles on the VIN list.
A template letter is shown in this bulletin. This process will give you better control of vehicle scheduling, and allow you to ensure parts and loaner cars are available when the vehicle is brought in for repair.
As a result, Jaguar cars will not conduct any customer mailings.
After completion of the service action, please advise customers that in order to allow the new transmission to adapt to the customer's driving characteristics, the vehicle will have to be driven for 300 miles (482 kilometers) without using the sport mode switch.
PARTS ORDERING / SUPPLY
In order to maintain adequate controls over the limited number of transmissions to start this service action, each retailer will be issued a start-up quantity based on the sales category of the dealership. Order additional transmissions as required following the guidelines below. Order ancillary parts to start this service action in the normal manner.
Key points:

^
All orders must be a Stock order.
^
Orders will block automatically to allow for review. They will be released daily by UNIPART once reviewed.
^
All orders must be placed five working days prior to the vehicle being booked in. This will allow for the review and delivery cycle to be completed.
^
The VIN (last six digits) must be given in the customer data field when ordering. Orders placed without giving a VIN will be cancelled.
^
Failure to return removed units within the normal time frame may prevent the supply of further units to your account.
^
Transmissions must not be held in dealer stock for extended periods of time.

FEDERAL EXPRESS ENVELOPE
Once an order is

Old 03-12-2008, 10:56 PM

I inspected my trany on 02, and found that it has: REMANUFACTURED BY JATCO. Seems to me that my trany was replaced after all. Which makes me feel a little better.

If any of techs can tell me if it was replaced for sure, that would be great! Here is info: VIN#: SAJEAD02XC40309 Transmission#: PL011 / R410029

I am planning to take REPROGRAMMING letter to the dealer, to see about that!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks mang!!!!
Is it possible for the dealership to check if any recalls have been performed on your car yet?
Does mileage keep you from getting a recall taken care of also?

Old 03-13-2008, 12:24 AM

I know dealers can pull up your car's history by VIN or part serial #s. However I dont know if mileage can effect dealer's decision to honor a recall. I hope not!

Old 03-13-2008, 02:49 PM

I read this forum... I do think however i have a new tranny in my car although we couldnt find any service history of it ! I looked and the serial number i found is

PL021

if you can tell me anything i would really appreciate it ! Umm.. I hope it is new ! it looks it !

Old 03-13-2008, 04:28 PM

MBL from your number, it seems to be newer version, and does not require replacement... or should i say, does fall into this category under this recall.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

i heard that the recall is closed

Old 03-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: AT RECALL exists and others. 02-03 X-type RECALL LIST.

maybe.. we tryed to do it for a guy and jag said no.. at least here in canada..

Old 03-13-2008, 06:05 PM

Could you please post the one about the headlight washer:

XT501-594 030601

thanks

Old 03-13-2008, 08:31 PM

So i do have a new tranny and i shouldnt worry about the tranny failing is that what you all are saying ?
if so i am going to keep this car till i hit 100,000 miles ! i will have to do minor things but if the tranny is good i know the engine is ! and the transfercase just was ! so i should be good for a long time ! this makes me so happy ..... So your sure this is the new version and i shouldnt have to worry about replacment ?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:29 PM

if the trans recall is still posted on Jag GTR site it is most likely still relevent
not positive but i seem to remember recalls being being honored up untill 100k
Have to check on that tomorrow to make sure

Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 PM

So i do have a new tranny and i shouldnt worry about the tranny failing is that what you all are saying ?
if so i am going to keep this car till i hit 100,000 miles ! i will have to do minor things but if the tranny is good i know the engine is ! and the transfercase just was ! so i should be good for a long time ! this makes me so happy ..... So your sure this is the new version and i shouldnt have to worry about replacment ?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:13 PM

I"ll verify your trans number tomorrow for you at work
im gonna call it a nite lol
Glad to hear you are happy with the car

Old 03-13-2008, 10:18 PM

MBL, I am no expert in this matter, and i am just suggesting that based on the bumber you've provided and information that i posted, it is possible to assume that your vehicle does not fall into effected category.

The motion that you dont have to worry about your tranny is an overstatement... since "sealed for life" mentality is not very promissing regardelss of intial state of transmission...

Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 PM

Campaign - Fuel Tank Inspection/Replacement

XT310-S933
DATE 08/03

X-TYPEMODEL
2002-03 MY
X-TYPE

VIN
C00001-C98338
specific VINs

Replacement Fuel Tanks - Long Term Durability - Service Action S933
Issue:
A number of prototype parts have been used in parts replacement fuel tanks that may cause a concern regarding long-term durability conformance.
Jaguar Cars has identified those vehicles that may have had a suspect fuel tank installed.

Those vehicles are listed in this bulletin and only those vehicles listed need to be checked:

NO CUSTOMER LETTER

Old 03-13-2008, 10:28 PM

Campaign - Cooling Fans Inoperative

XT303-S932

X-TYPE

DATE 01/03

MODEL 2002-03 MY X-TYPE

VIN C00294-C91719

Overheating - Cooling Fans Inoperative - Replace Module Prior To Retailing - Service Action S932
This Service Action Applies to Vehicles That Have Not Been Retailed

Issue:
The cooling fan module on X-TYPE vehicles may fail under certain circumstances. There are various root causes but the design and quality of the printed circuit board within the cooling fan module are the most significant. The NAND gate used in the circuit is detective causing multiple failure modes, this can result in high engine temperature and overheating due to the cooling fans not operating.
A change has been implemented in production from VIN C91720. On these vehicles a 'Philips' printed circuit board has been used that has a modified voltage spike protection strategy.

Action:
To prevent customers from experiencing this issue, install the latest specification cooling fan module on 2002-03 MY X-TYPE vehicles within the above VIN range that have not been retailed.

The following users liked this post:
Isabel San Miguel (07-11-2011)
Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 PM

Campaign - 20 Amp Micro Relay Bad Internal Connection

XT418-S921

X-TYPE

DATE 02/02

MODEL 2002 MY X-TYPE

VIN C50848-C52536

Internal Connection Issue - Replace 20 Amp Micro Relay - Service Action S921
Issue:

Some 2002 MY X-TYPE vehicles within the above VIN range may have 20 Amp micro relays within the engine compartment and the passenger fuse boxes that may have a bad internal connection caused by a faulty rivet within the relay As a result, some circuits (see table) could operate intermittently and the vehicle could go into 'limp home mode'.

Action:
Replace all of the 20 Amp micro relays within the engine compartment fuse box and the passenger fuse box at the earliest opportunity on all 2002 MY X-TYPE vehicles within the above VIN range.
A number of vehicles have been re-worked at the factory prior to dispatch. To assist in the identification of those vehicles that require re-work action, a list of all affected vehicles is provided in this bulletin.

Note: All 20 Amp micro relays are black in color.

Quick Reply: AT RECALL exists and others. 02-03 X-type RECALL LIST.