Reverse assist - X Type

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Location: Wakefield - Now Allerton Bywater - Moving again soon
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reverse assist - X Type

Hi

I have just purchased my 1st Jag

Been after one since I was a kid, so my dreams have now come true, well this one anyway ...

One issue I have noticed though is that the Reverse parking sensors dont work, I don't get any beeps or anything...

What do you think the issue could be... fuse / relay ?????

Thank you

Daz

Old 06-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Daz, what year X-TYpe do you have? If you have a 2004, I will also need to know the month that it was built (written in the driver's door jam on the sticker there). From there we can get you taken care of.

One thing that I would tell you to check first is whether your backup lights are turning on. If they do not light, then your problem is not the parking assist but a problem with your backup lights. Otherwise, you are looking at either a blown fuse or a failed parking assist module in the trunk. If you need help locating anything, let me know.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi sorry if I have come onto forum the wrong way but am new to site, does anyone know how to replace a rear parking sensor on x type estate?
thanks

Old 09-15-2013, 10:22 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveX
hi sorry if I have come onto forum the wrong way but am new to site, does anyone know how to replace a rear parking sensor on x type estate?
thanks
Welcome to the forum Dave,

You have but we're easy going around here! When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the new Member Area - Intro a MUST section and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

To get back to the rear parking sensors. Thermo ( Chris - who knows vastly more about X-Types than I do ) has asked an earlier poster for Model Year as this affects the installation. Please reply with this info and I'm sure you'll get the full procedure.

Graham

Old 09-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

DaveX, in short, to replace the rear sensor, what you need to do is to get yourself a little pry tool (jeweler's flat blade screw driver would work good for this) and what you will find is that the sensor is going to be held in place by 2 clips located 180 degrees from each other. What you will want to do is to get one tab backed off slightly and then using your thumb, push on the sensor from the outside and make it so the tab can not set back down. Then you can undo the other tab and push on the sensor again which will then allow the sensor to come out. DO NOT!!!!!!!! pull on the sensor. The sensor will break into 2 pieces and what you will be left with is the plug portion in your hand and the head of the sensor still in the bumper.

From there, all you have to do is figure out if you have the straight plug or the 90 degree plug sensor and installing the new one is nothing more than pushing the sensor home such that the tabs line up with the retaining clips.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much for your guidance, just waiting for new sensor to arrive and I should be reversing safely again!!