X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

serious problem emblem (logo jaguar)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default serious problem emblem (logo jaguar)

i have the jaguar x-type 2.0 D, and I have a serious problem. in my town (patras greece) are 9 jaguars so..about the emblem (logo jaguar) Copley's motto upward on the hood .... How can I do it anti-thieft? I am afraid because i was been a victim of thiefs 2 times in a year and probably would slowly steal and 3!

please i am waiting reply!!!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Angel, this has been discussed in the past. Ultimately, there were 2 lines of thought when it come to what you are wanting.

1) get the emblem removed and have a welder tack weld the leaper in place. This will make it so people can't take the leaper, but also opens you up to damage to the hood because it is likely to make the person wanting to steal the emblem work that much harder to pull it off of the front of your car, likely resulting in them bending the metal around the emblem. So, instead of a semi-cheap fix, you are now getting a new hood too. But, at the same time, if the leaper is fixed, it may make the thief want to move on to something else. Tough call.

2) leave the emblem as is and simply live with the chance of someone taking the leaper. The cheapest of the options, but has the most mental anguish due to living in fear.

Now, there is a 3rd option, but it isn't something that I would recommend and depending on where you live and the laws of the region, opens you up to a big liability and potential for ending up in court. That option is to insulate the leaper from the rest of the car and then you energize the leaper with a high voltage source. When someone touches the leaper, it is going to bite back. But, as you can see, someone gets hurt touching the leaper (either purposely or accidentally), you can potentially loose your shirt (literally).

Some members here have also done a conversion and simply picked up a round emblem (about 7 cm in diameter) that has the Jag face on it and put that in place of the leaping Jag. So, now you are removing what the thieves want. You can find these logos at your local dealership or on a place like E-bay. Then you simply remove the 2 bolts holding the leaping Jag in place, clean the area where the leaper was, then expose the double sided tape and put the round badge down to cover up the holes.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Delete the leaper and just put an emblem in it's place