Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shes officially gone

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Shes officially gone

I finally sold the jag....she drove away into the sunset yesterday.
I wont lie I think i saw Morhd's jag yesterday and I was a litttle heartbroken letting her go. But it was great car, handled better then most things made today, the quality was very good although the engineering in the early models may have been crap.

I have alot of fond memories about the car, including when I had to pull out my wallet for the speeding tickets, tint tickets, and the break downs.

Ill still be around the forums, mostly int he photography section and maybe in a few years with a new xj. Until then I would like the thank everyone on the forum for thier great knowledge, expertise and unique ideas ( thermo).

This truly is one of the best forums on the internet.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

To quote one of my fav movies, "A Christmas Story"..."Now I could never be sure, but I thought that I heard the sound of "Taps" being played. Gently"

Old 05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco stu55
I finally sold the jag....she drove away into the sunset yesterday.
I wont lie I think i saw Morhd's jag yesterday and I was a litttle heartbroken letting her go. But it was great car, handled better then most things made today, the quality was very good although the engineering in the early models may have been crap.

I have alot of fond memories about the car, including when I had to pull out my wallet for the speeding tickets, tint tickets, and the break downs.

Ill still be around the forums, mostly int he photography section and maybe in a few years with a new xj. Until then I would like the thank everyone on the forum for thier great knowledge, expertise and unique ideas ( thermo).

This truly is one of the best forums on the internet.
we'll miss you, what did you get to replace her?

Old 05-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
we'll miss you, what did you get to replace her?

haha

Yeah what did you replace it with out of curiosity??

Old 05-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

More importantly, what did you get for it?

Old 05-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  19.3 KB

wow, sorry to hear that Stu
Always a sad day when you part with a little piece of you!

Hope you got a good price for here and she's off to a good home.

You can't leave Stu....you'd be missed my friend!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Disco, stick around and enjoy the conversations. You can still be an asset to the Forums. You can be the one that can say "been there, done that".

Old 05-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Hey stu, you have been one of the most recognizable members in the X Type Forums so you can still post in here if you like . I don't own an X nor will I have but I like posting in here , this place is very cute

You can take a look at Off Topic Forums there are nice threads floating around
Have a best of luck with your next ride

Old 05-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Must have some really mixed feelings seeing her go, but from all your posts it definitely sounded like it was time to move on. I'm sure you will never forget about it even with all your troubles. In high school I had a '65 Olds wagon. It had a lot of issues with the carburator and some other things that left me stranded more than once, but I loved that car and still miss it and have a lot of fond memories of things I did while I had it. Hopefully you will get that same feeling with all your cars in the future.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Must have some really mixed feelings seeing her go, but from all your posts it definitely sounded like it was time to move on. I'm sure you will never forget about it even with all your troubles. In high school I had a '65 Olds wagon. It had a lot of issues with the carburator and some other things that left me stranded more than once, but I loved that car and still miss it and have a lot of fond memories of things I did while I had it. Hopefully you will get that same feeling with all your cars in the future.

Yea I was pretty when I was handed the cash and she drove off. I've been driving a truck since ( my dads) and its not rally the same.

I loved the car, I would have kept it for years. But the problems were to big and getting emotional over her would have only cuased me a lighter wallet.

I WILL buy another jag one day but not int he near future. And yes I will waltz around the fourm. it truly is a good forum.

I put it on the local classiflieds for 12, then 10, then 6 months later for 8 then 6500 and finally 5000. At 5000 it sold within one hour, and I got over 28 phone calls in 3 hours...that mus tbe record of some sort lol.

The car sold within one hour of bein listed.

AND no the car is not going to a good home. As soon as the money was in my hand, the new owner tried to do a spin out... with the ebrake on. And the test drive with that lady felt like this was her first time driving. She has a heavey foot. I had a light one. That car wont live long if she keeps it up.

I had my mind set on the genesis coupe 3.8, nice little, good power and looks....but handled like a sport version of a impala, no where near the jag. And the euro's are out that leaves me with the land yachts or the redneck mobiles of alberta.

So I decided to invest the money and wait a few months. I wont be making a rush decision again...nor will my wallet.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Disco,

Thanks for sharing. Last year I sold a 78 911SC that I used as a daily driver for $5k. There's a big spread between bid and ask in the worn used car business. As your's did, I think mine went to weak hands too. They don't know what they're getting into but they can brag for a while. Good luck with your next car. I got a Volvo C30 (don't laugh it's faster than the Porsche was). I still also have my 03 X Type.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Disco, I'm tempted to drive by you everyday as a reminder...Sounds like you will be able to visit your former X soon. In the scrap yard. Nothing worse than seeing something that you enjoyed fall into the hands of less than capable drivers.

I should have picked it up from you for my son but, what did I just say about less than capable drivers? I sold one of his cars on kijiji in 23 minutes from ad posting to cash in hand. $800. I had paid $4200 5 months previous.

I sold my El Camino to a neighbor so I see it it every spring. But I don't have a problem with that. He takes better care of it than I did. Still has the same tires on it that he picked it up with. I would wear through a rear set every year almost.

Anyways. Don't be a stranger. Your posts were always entertaining to say the least. Flag me down every once in a while and I'll let you sit in the Kitty...for $5.

Last edited by mohrd; 05-13-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Thought Disco would be good for $5 a shot.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you should get a CTS-V (i know its a jag forum, but i love cadillacs)
surprisingly you can grab a 1g V for fairly cheap in the states now.

although i dont have a X type (its my girls car which is why in on here, and good company) i have to say it is a nice car to drive, i just feel a little craped in it..im not all that big of a guy, its just a smaller midsized car.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ghettomike
you should get a CTS-V (i know its a jag forum, but i love cadillacs)
surprisingly you can grab a 1g V for fairly cheap in the states now.

although i dont have a X type (its my girls car which is why in on here, and good company) i have to say it is a nice car to drive, i just feel a little craped in it..im not all that big of a guy, its just a smaller midsized car.

ctc-v are sweet cars, i like the blacked out ones but my dads had quite a few problems with cadillacs. And I want something.....cheapt to fix.