X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle body woes

Old 01-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle body woes

I was told by a mechanic that my throttle body was shot along with the oxygen sensor.

I replaced the sensor.

I read on the forum to first try cleaning the old throttle body I did that and it did not work.

Well I bought a new throttle body from buyautoparts.com. I took it to one shop to install but they said they needed to flash the on board computer to recognize the new part. Cost $300 just for that, not including labor.

I read here the part is basically plug and play part so I had another guy install it.

He disconnected the battery first so the computer would hard reset.

The new throttle body made the car idle to fast about 1200 rpm she was really straining. Worse as soon as the new throttle body was installed the check engine light came on and a general gearbox fault appeared on the dash.

His diagnostic tool showed wrong throttle angle. He tried manually adjusting the sensor but there was no change. He put the old throttle body back in but the check engine light stayed on and now the car bucks hard if I put it in gear.

Lastly the car won't start as one of the connecters to the throttle body broke so it's not making a good connection. He is trying to locate a used one, as of course this is not a standard part but unique to Jaguar.

All in all a complete nightmare I am ready to write off the whole car.