X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urgent chance PROBLEM IN THE CAN BUS

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Urgent chance PROBLEM IN THE CAN BUS

hello please help me with something very important!
I am from GREECE and I bought this for the product from Greece, http://translate.google.gr/translate...%3D353&act=url, the official page of the product in Germany is www.hiir.com.
My car is brand model JAGUAR X-TYPE '06, no alarm intimidation, just lock unlocked by remote control
The electrician me, told me that I would like to install an accurate description of the instructions without error, but from there I do not know if it will do damage to the can bus?!
Now waiting for my phone if it is to proceed or not;
What to say;
There is indeed likely to be damaged CAN BUS?
I believe that it is not getting something simply because it takes the command of locking and unlocking ... ..
i want LIGHTS YOUR!!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I am sorry, I can not understand what you are trying to say. Something about the phone?? Bluetooth???

The following users liked this post:
tzvangel (01-27-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Banned
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

From what I can see, he wants to intsall the german made device, that connects a speaker and an SD card reader to the centreal locking and unlocking.
This device will play voices, sound effects, recordings etc. for various actions of locking and unlocking the car. I think it is a novelty thing, but might have some usefull deterrant effect.
I think he is saying that his x-type does not have a factory alarm, just remote control door locks.

He is wondering about the computer link called the CANbus and how the device will effect it.

From what I can see in my north american wiring digram, the door lock system does not use the CANbus so there should be no worry.
the door lock system has very typical negative trigger inputs to the system, I dont see why it would not work, and I dont see what harm it could cause.

tzvangel (01-26-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 02:24 PM

not! I xagyar x type 2006 "and I bought a system in which cable go out an orange and a purple see here www.hiir.com, the instructions say I should open the driver's door to find the lock and unlock wires up there and connect to unlock the orange and purple lock.
my problem is ..
if I do this will result in damage to the car or can bus?
</SPAN>

Old 01-26-2011, 02:30 PM

no sidewalkman ! I have jaguar x type 2006' and I bought a system in which cable go out an orange and a purple see here www.hiir.com, the instructions say I should open the driver's door to find the lock and unlock wires up there and connect to unlock the orange and purple lock.
my problem is ..

Old 01-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tzvangel
no sidewalkman ! I have jaguar x type 2006' and I bought a system in which cable go out an orange and a purple see here www.hiir.com, the instructions say I should open the driver's door to find the lock and unlock wires up there and connect to unlock the orange and purple lock.
my problem is ..
I understand now, the wiring attaches inside the drivers door to the purple and the orange wires. And from the German website I guess it plays sounds or something.

I can't see it doing any damage even if you wire it backwards, but what do I know. Be careful taking off the door panel, the plastic tabs break easily. And the online translater you are using sucks

tzvangel (01-27-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 03:08 PM

OK! I called jaguar in Athens and told me to watch the for the plastic tabs break easily, but the leather to avoid soiling! I hope to be just like it says www.hiir.com of hiir is the most gadgets jaguar circulating in Patras! will send pics to see!

Old 01-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Veteran Member

Good luck, please send pictures when you are finished. I still don't understand CAN BUS though.

tzvangel (01-27-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Banned
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Can bus is one of the data transfer systems of the 'lectronics on the car.
NO DAMAGE to can bus will happen, these wires are not connected to the CAN bus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller_area_network

I would not pull the door panel the wires you want run into the car, you can find them near the A-post or at the GEM...

tzvangel (01-27-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Youre not tapping into the CAN bus, those wires are yellow and blue twisted wires. And I agree with sport. go to the A post or the GEMS module under the dash.

Die hiir Produkte gibt es in den Winterwochen zum aufregenden Sonderpreis mit bis zu 30% Rabatt auf den Originalpreis. Jeder soll die Möglichkeit haben sich eines der hiir Produkte zu kaufen oder eines an seine Lieben, Bekannte und Freunde zu verschenken. Etwas Originelleres gibt es nicht. Jeder Autofahrer soll die Gewissheit haben, ob sein Auto wirklich verschlossen ist. Mit den hiir Produkten ist dies auf die individuellste Art und Weise möglich. Das Auto signalisiert die Verriegelung oder einen möglichen Einbruch mit pfiffigen MP3 Sounds Ihrer Wahl. Hören Sie Beispiele für die vielfältigen und individuellen Möglichkeiten in unserem Soundbereich. Zögern Sie nicht zu lange und greifen Sie zu, die Aktion läuft noch bis zum 28.02.2011. Bestellen Sie jetzt im hiir Onlineshop.

tzvangel (01-27-2011)
Old 01-27-2011, 01:18 AM

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, reassure me, but do not understand what is the gems? and located in my jaguar x-type?

Old 01-27-2011, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by sport30
Can bus is one of the data transfer systems of the 'lectronics on the car.
NO DAMAGE to can bus will happen, these wires are not connected to the CAN bus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller_area_network

I would not pull the door panel the wires you want run into the car, you can find them near the A-post or at the GEM...
where is the A-Post and the GEM?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 PM

installed it and everything is OK without any problem. I thank everyone enough for helping me!