X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What wiring adapters would I need for double din?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 04:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What wiring adapters would I need for double din?

Hi all!

I am looking at a double din unit which I have found should just fit my car (with the depth) and am now looking at what I will need to install it. I have seen the ISO adapters online which seems pretty simple but having not fitted one before am unsure if I would need anything else.

Unit:
7" Android 4.4.4 KitKat Quad-Core Car Monitor with Screen Mirroring Function | Xtrons

Car:
X-Type 2.1 V6 2003

Anyone with any incite?
Cheers

Old 06-12-2016, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2b wire

Originally Posted by Darren Schermuly
Hi all!

I am looking at a double din unit which I have found should just fit my car (with the depth) and am now looking at what I will need to install it. I have seen the ISO adapters online which seems pretty simple but having not fitted one before am unsure if I would need anything else.

Unit:
7" Android 4.4.4 KitKat Quad-Core Car Monitor with Screen Mirroring Function | Xtrons

Car:
X-Type 2.1 V6 2003

Anyone with any incite?
Cheers

Hi, just want to let you know that i bought everything for my car once and for all : sub+ amp and double din kenwood ddx672bh with all the adapters. I installed everything at an stereo shop. when he finished the installation ... Sound came for 2-3 sec and stoped. He doubled checked and found a wire with 2 light blinking. I made some research on this forums and it's a D2B (fiber optic wire) and that's my problem. Don't know if you this wire in your car but hope not. I have an stype R 2003 with the alpine system without the gps. Now me and my technician are looking to know what it is and what do we need to fix that. Can't bypass something that he never seen before. He have 10 years experience in aftermarket radioinstallation and he never seen this.

And to answer to your question...if your installing it at a shop they will know exactly which connecter to buy.