X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would be your next Jag

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Have you checked out the Arden XF? That thing is gorgeous except for the front leaper on it.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

According to the experts on Stanceworks, 99.9% of J-Complete cars are on springs or coils. An XF on bags would be nice and since the Jaguar value tanks so quickly, I may pick one up after the X-Type and reuse most of my suspension stuff

Old 12-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by exexpat
According to the experts on Stanceworks, 99.9% of J-Complete cars are on springs or coils. An XF on bags would be nice and since the Jaguar value tanks so quickly, I may pick one up after the X-Type and reuse most of my suspension stuff
I'm not too sure about that. The MSRP of an XF was around 50K in 2009. The cheapest one within 250 miles of me is 40K with a TON of miles.

So far I think the XF has kept its value well.

Here's an example, the BMW 535i MSRP was around 45k but the cheapest around me for 250 miles is $26k.

Talk about depreciation, now this one might be beat to crap but there are plenty of others in that price range.

Just to be fair, it was a 2008 BMW and a 2009 XF. This could explain the remarkable difference between the two. But, the depreciation is still dramatic.

I think the depreciation really only affected the older jags such as our x-types and s-types.

Especially with Jaguar doing so well with JD Power and Associates, they are selling VERY well.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

My next Jag would be a lot like the one I have. An X-Type but with a 3.0L V6 engine, the Sport package, all wheel drive etc.., and an automatic trans.

Hopefully, if I pay extra, I could get 2 F#*ng cup holders up front!

Name:  0925101612-1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  13.0 KB

Name:  croppedJagattechpark-2.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  75.6 KB

I like the tight look and the small swift size, ...it handles like a dream. Sometimes I wonder how a 2 door version of this car would look....

Last edited by Patterson; 01-03-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: New thoughts!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Patterson
My next Jag would be a lot like the one I have. An X-Type but with a 3.0L V6 engine, the Sport package, all wheel drive etc.., and an automatic trans.

Hopefully, if I pay extra, I could get 2 F#*ng cup holders up front!
I'll sell you mine. It's not a sport but it's an auto 3L with two cupholders. LOL

Old 01-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

XKR Coup please , the 4.2 version in silver or the 75 if anyone is feeling really generous ,

thankyou x

Old 01-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member

why not the 5.0 version?

Old 01-03-2011, 05:36 PM
ud
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Caddie CTS Wagon since Jaguar is not making anything that I can trust with my wife in the white stuff. Saw my first one today in person (a pearl white one) and it was gorgeous. Funny as I find the sedan to be a less good looking Ford Fusion.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,844 Likes on 3,160 Posts

Give me a new XJ with the 5.0L, then add on a supercharger after the fact and now we would be talking. Got the class along with the zoom zoom. May be hell in the snow, but, I have the snow taken care of already with a Ford Expedition with a lift and 37" mud tires. If I can't make it through the snow in that, no one is making it anywhere.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Love my X-Type, but the fact is that Jag has nothing for me to move on to. I'd want something with AWD, and I need to be able to afford it. That will probably have me looking at Audis and BMWs.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by chknhwk
I'll sell you mine. It's not a sport but it's an auto 3L with two cupholders. LOL
Sounds like a nice ride chickenHawk, you've done some cool upgrades. If you also have black leather interior, I'd never sell her if I was U.

My X-Type just seems a little underpowered with the 2.5L engine. I added a 3rd cold air pick up to the air box and noticed a little more umph, but not the elixir I hoped for.

Anyway, I figure next I'll put high-flow mufflers on her. Plus I've got a spark plug change coming soon. The spark plug change will incorporate honing out the intake manifold with a Dremel tool and cleaning up some of the air flow restrictions inerrant in the casting of the Ford DuraTek engine intake manifold.

As for straight dreaming, I'm with this little number...
Name:  2003-jaguar-xkr-coupe3.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  12.0 KB

Last edited by Patterson; 01-04-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just put my name on a 03 X type, origonal owner 30km on it, she will be gettin rix of it in about a year. its a 2.5 and its red...but I'm fine with it.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:57 PM
ud

Originally Posted by Thermo
Give me a new XJ with the 5.0L, then add on a supercharger after the fact and now we would be talking. Got the class along with the zoom zoom. May be hell in the snow, but, I have the snow taken care of already with a Ford Expedition with a lift and 37" mud tires. If I can't make it through the snow in that, no one is making it anywhere.
37" mud tires and an Expedition? You must be kidding on snow ability. Coming from the guy who broke 2 front drive shafts plowing with F-350s this past winter. I'd run circles around your 37" tires in my old BRAT (if it didn't rust into dust already.LOL

Old 01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 407 Likes on 299 Posts

next year xkr

Last edited by dennis black; 01-07-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Veteran member

Benebob, that expedition does great in the snow. I was on call for local nursing homes to get their staff to/from work with that truck. It also did great on a cross country trek on the backside of a blizzard when I was moving from Hawaii to Virginia. Granted, I'm sure the people behind me had to be wondering about the truck since it still had Hawaii license plates on it.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:56 PM
ud

Benebob, that expedition does great in the snow. I was on call for local nursing homes to get their staff to/from work with that truck. It also did great on a cross country trek on the backside of a blizzard when I was moving from Hawaii to Virginia. Granted, I'm sure the people behind me had to be wondering about the truck since it still had Hawaii license plates on it.
But it would do even better without those mudders on it. I drove my BRAT up Ski Roundtop's Minuteman about 10 years ago on the last day. Only the Yota that tried could make it more than a 1/3 of the way. The Jeep just sank. I was definately the one that was undertired on top of it, Had General pass car tires on it. Have you ever tried to go down an intermediate ski slope in a car or truck. It was probably the scariest thing I've ever done. Stick it in low 1st and keep it straight without thinking about touching the brakes.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Geez, that's quite a truck: sounds like it's even better on the water.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Veteran member

Alfa, the truck had a massive snorkel system put on it for the drive from hawaii. What can I say, built Ford tough. LMAO.

As for water, I know it will go through 4 feet deep water without an issue. Done it a few times. Nothing like having water up and over the headlights, running up on to the hood. The only thing that I have found the truck doesn't do well in is dry sand and that is due to 2 things: 1) heavy truck, and 2) relatively skinny tires based on the height. I'm only running 37x12.5" tires. Most people would be running 13.5" or wider tires. But, with my current setup, I can't go any wider else it would involve massive modification. If I am going that far, then I am stepping up to 40x15.5's. That would simply involve adding a 3" body lift to the 4" suspension lift, then "a little" bit of welding/cutting to the firewall and wheel wells. He he he he he he he.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by benebob
But it would do even better without those mudders on it.
I'm not so sure about that - I mean once you factor in the weight of that behemoth I'm sure it had plenty of traction.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Patterson
Sounds like a nice ride chickenHawk, you've done some cool upgrades. If you also have black leather interior, I'd never sell her if I was U.

My X-Type just seems a little underpowered with the 2.5L engine. I added a 3rd cold air pick up to the air box and noticed a little more umph, but not the elixir I hoped for.

Anyway, I figure next I'll put high-flow mufflers on her. Plus I've got a spark plug change coming soon. The spark plug change will incorporate honing out the intake manifold with a Dremel tool and cleaning up some of the air flow restrictions inerrant in the casting of the Ford DuraTek engine intake manifold.
Why not just save up for a 3L ls engine swap? The extra half liter of displacement will make it worth it.
It doesn't have the black interior. It's got the dove leather or whatever color the light one is. Ivory maybe? Either way it's a gorgeous car but I want a manual transmission. I'd even trade it for a manual car with a smaller engine at this point...

Quick Reply: What would be your next Jag