XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

VelocityAP Jaguar XE Exhaust System Development

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

This is how the F-type does it, according to a JLR engineer:

"Jaguar engineers achieved this by defying convention. "Usually you’d cut the fuel to the cylinders, when the driver lifts off the accelerator," explained Andrew Lowis, the Gasoline Calibration Manager for the car. "We are delaying the point when we do that and igniting later than we might in normal circumstances. It produces a controlled misfire."

I'd bet the XE does this already as well, based on my results after resonators were removed.

It sounds like the above post by VAP confirms this since the factory tunes are nearly identical.

http://articles.sae.org/12441/

Old 01-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I'll just leave this here...

Old 01-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Sponsor
Received 831 Likes on 470 Posts

If anyone is interested, we're looking for an XE owner to work with on development. Having done some analysis, we're somewhat convinced the XE has exactly the same rear boxes as an FPace, which we have already completed.

Would like to test that theory. Email me if you're interested.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 01-28-2018, 05:54 PM
Sponsor

Quick Clip of the setup we're putting together for the XE, in action in the FPace along with our 'Pops & Crackles' Tune:

www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (01-29-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 06:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wish you had the camera outside by the pipes

Old 01-31-2018, 01:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Stuart, could you tell us when your setup for the XE will be finished approximately?

I'm a German XE S owner, your system should fit my car, correct? I'm really looking forward to it as I was searching for a way to improve the exhaust note to sound more like a F-Type even if it will not be exactly the same.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:55 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Falkenhayn
Hi Stuart, could you tell us when your setup for the XE will be finished approximately?

I'm a German XE S owner, your system should fit my car, correct? I'm really looking forward to it as I was searching for a way to improve the exhaust note to sound more like a F-Type even if it will not be exactly the same.
We are working on about 3 weeks to get it signed off. To get the pops and crackles you would need the tuning as well.

We do have a dealer in Germany for the Jaguar stuff also.

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-31-2018, 03:01 PM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, that's good to know!
Could you please tell me what your dealer is called so I can contact him when he gets your goods? I will probably advertise the combination of exhaust and your tuning in German communities if it turns out really good and I'm sure that there are other XE S owners here who would like to upgrade their sound.

Yes, I'm interested in the tuning as well. I have a lease car though, will it be possible to make everything stock again when the time comes?

Old 02-06-2018, 03:05 PM
Sponsor

Thanks, that's good to know!
Could you please tell me what your dealer is called so I can contact him when he gets your goods? I will probably advertise the combination of exhaust and your tuning in German communities if it turns out really good and I'm sure that there are other XE S owners here who would like to upgrade their sound.

Yes, I'm interested in the tuning as well. I have a lease car though, will it be possible to make everything stock again when the time comes?
Velocity Automotive Performance, Inc.

His details are here. He has been doing lots of our tunes for the F-Type, which has the same engine as the XE.

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-28-2018, 06:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Velocity Automotive Performance, Inc.

His details are here. He has been doing lots of our tunes for the F-Type, which has the same engine as the XE.
Hi Stuart,
I am also a German XE S owner ( 340 PS ) and looking for the Exhaust upgrade and the ECU tune. I also have the same questions as Falkenhayn has, Would it be possible to go back to the stock Exhaust ? I remember reading that it will be possible to go back to the stock ECU, but cannot find any info on the Exhaust...
Cheers,
Phani

Old 02-28-2018, 04:23 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jag2018
Hi Stuart,
I am also a German XE S owner ( 340 PS ) and looking for the Exhaust upgrade and the ECU tune. I also have the same questions as Falkenhayn has, Would it be possible to go back to the stock Exhaust ? I remember reading that it will be possible to go back to the stock ECU, but cannot find any info on the Exhaust...
Cheers,
Phani
The exhaust is not quite done yet but should be confirmed and in production by the end of the month. It will not require any permanent modification so you would definitely be able to go back to stock.

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-22-2018, 05:06 PM
Sponsor

Okay we are all done. Installation today at Scan Automotive in Vancouver. It turns out the XE setup is very, very similar to the FPace but different enough that it won't fit up.

We jigged up the XE exhaust and used the same muffler, and design as our popular low-drone FPace setup, with the same tip. Just has a slightly different pipe run and hanger location. The sound clips below are off the FPace but it is going to sound virtually identical.

Jaguar F-Pace Sport Exhaust Touring Sound Level

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-22-2018, 06:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay we are all done. Installation today at Scan Automotive in Vancouver. It turns out the XE setup is very, very similar to the FPace but different enough that it won't fit up.

We jigged up the XE exhaust and used the same muffler, and design as our popular low-drone FPace setup, with the same tip. Just has a slightly different pipe run and hanger location. The sound clips below are off the FPace but it is going to sound virtually identical.
Just picked up the car with the new exhaust. It sounds awesome and the new tips are great. I will get a few photos, before and after sound clips, and a longer review up after the weekend

Thanks Stuart!

Stuart@VelocityAP (03-22-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Sponsor

Hi Guys,

Please to announce we now have 200 Cell Sport Catalyst downpipes available for the XE. Very similar to the other Jaguar/Land Rover applications, just needed a little adjustment of our FType AWD pipes to fit.

These should sound great with the stock exhaust, make some more pops & crackles or for those who really like an aggressive setup you can pair with our Sport Exhaust for an attention-getting sound.

Jaguar XE 200 Cell Sport Catalyst Downpipe

www.velocityap.com

chrisburns61 (07-12-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

after a week with the new exhaust, it is as huge improvement over the stock one.
the start up noise is awesome and much more throaty.
the exhaust sounds great in the low RPM band, especially between 2 and 3000 RPM. soon as you step on the gas around 2000, the sound really kicks in and is much more noticeable and throaty.

the new tips are also much more aggressive looking.

here are a couple videos
first one is start up and rev's in an underground parking garage
https://youtu.be/2EQXAjLruLs

second one is a bit of driving around and pushing the gears to high RPM then a bit of cruising around 2000-2400 RPM
https://youtu.be/B--S31o6hTg

some shots of the new tips

Last edited by avinaash; 04-02-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:27 AM
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Guys,

Please to announce we now have 200 Cell Sport Catalyst downpipes available for the XE. Very similar to the other Jaguar/Land Rover applications, just needed a little adjustment of our FType AWD pipes to fit.

These should sound great with the stock exhaust, make some more pops & crackles or for those who really like an aggressive setup you can pair with our Sport Exhaust for an attention-getting sound.

Jaguar XE 200 Cell Sport Catalyst Downpipe
Does this work with V6 AWD? Just curious because your website only says 2WD.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:59 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by chrisburns61

Does this work with V6 AWD? Just curious because your website only says 2WD.
Answer is, I don't know. We developed the parts from a 2WD car. The fitment might be exactly the same but we don't know for sure.

If you'd like to try them, we can offer on sale or return?

www.velocityap.com

Old 07-13-2018, 03:49 AM

Answer is, I don't know. We developed the parts from a 2WD car. The fitment might be exactly the same but we don't know for sure.

If you'd like to try them, we can offer on sale or return?
I’d love to give it a try but not being a mechanic I don’t know that I’d want to tackle this myself and don’t know that I’d want to pay a shop to give it a try. I wish I was close because I’d bring mine in for you to give it a check.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by chrisburns61

I’d love to give it a try but not being a mechanic I don’t know that I’d want to tackle this myself and don’t know that I’d want to pay a shop to give it a try. I wish I was close because I’d bring mine in for you to give it a check.
Have we ever gotten an answer on whether the 200 cell sport cat fits on the 35t AWD?

Old 06-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a deeper exhaust sound. Curious about either the VelocityAP downpipes or exhaust or both would give me the deeper growl. I like loud but not obnoxious. Also i saw on there website the "Touring" sound exhaust and i think i read about another type in this thread that is louder.

Last edited by Jag Fan 83; 06-14-2019 at 06:05 PM.