XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

VelocityAP Jaguar XE Exhaust System Development

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 12:20 PM
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
The current XF (X260) has a different rear mufflers and pipes set-up to the earlier XF (X250). The X260 mufflers and pipes are much closer to the centre of the rear end, so an exhaust set-up made for the X250 will not come even close to fitting an X260.
Okay, gotcha. So we will need an original pattern to work from to develop that part.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 07-10-2017, 11:38 AM
Sponsor

View this post on Instagram

Anyone want their XE to sound like this LOL?

FYI this is 200 cell sport cats with our loudest (Supersport) exhaust, pulley + tune. Obviously this isn't the right sound level for everyone, it's damn loud.

www.velocityap.com

Old 07-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWQq8Qyg...iveperformance

Anyone want their XE to sound like this LOL?

FYI this is 200 cell sport cats with our loudest (Supersport) exhaust, pulley + tune. Obviously this isn't the right sound level for everyone, it's damn loud.
It sounds great!

I don't mind my exhaust being loud. What matters the most is at what engine speed does it make that sound.

Quiet on low revs and loud at high revs would be perfect for XE.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia
It sounds great!

I don't mind my exhaust being loud. What matters the most is at what engine speed does it make that sound.

Quiet on low revs and loud at high revs would be perfect for XE.
There's no magic stuff that can make it louder at one RPM than another, other than the fact that wider throttle openings & higher RPM are generally louder than the converse.

V6 engines can be drony, and the louder you go the more drone you get. On this car, when I'm driving it I like to use the paddles so I can avoid the RPM range (around 2000) where the drone occurs.

www.velocityap.com

Old 07-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Being able to select the exhaust note on a XE S with the same 280HP engine as the F-type would be great. Sign me up if this ever becomes an option. I would surely put this system through a battery of tests. This is the one thing I miss so much from the XE versus the F-Type. IMO a marketing loss for JAG. Everyone in the states is altering the exhaust note of their car to sound more powerful and exciting. The F-Type just nails it!!

They could have added this as an option for $1000 and I, and others would have added this to our build. Just amazing.

To create a soundtrack like that and not offer that on other vehicles is just a marketing oops.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's no magic stuff that can make it louder at one RPM than another, other than the fact that wider throttle openings & higher RPM are generally louder than the converse.
If this exhaust comes with a valve system, like the Ftype or some other exhaust manufacturers, it will make it more attractive for owners not wanting loud all the time, especially around coppers.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:33 PM
Sponsor

Okay guys & gals. I've been staring at a bunch of pictures, and I have come to the conclusion that the XE and the FPace have the same exhaust fitment. Or at least I'm 99% sure.

Which means the FPace system we already developed should fit these cars nicely. And it will be possible to set it up as a valved system.

www.velocityap.com

Old 07-29-2017, 03:35 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

That's good news. Any comments on how your FPace/XE setup differs from the one you offer for the F-type? Many of us would hope to get as close to the F-type sound as possible with the XE, maybe not as crazy as that instagram video above in terms of volume but the tone was spot on.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

The F Type has that additional fuel being added off throttle to get the popping which is not done on the XE. Can that be altered in the ECU?

Old 07-30-2017, 03:47 PM

This is what I think the XE should sound like... and I know it's fully capable

View this post on Instagram

If you check out the video Stuart posted of that F-Pace with their sport exhaust, you can hear it crackle and pop, but it's muted compared to the above F-type video. Since both that F-Pace and this F-type were tuned with the VAP software, I think the difference in crackle/pop volume comes from the exhaust setup, not ECU. The F-type has 200 cell cats as well.

My preferred setup would probably be: 200 cell cats, drone-canceling mufflers with minimum volume attenuation, no center resonators, and a valve to keep things in check for the wife/long drives.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:22 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by alphakinase
That's good news. Any comments on how your FPace/XE setup differs from the one you offer for the F-type? Many of us would hope to get as close to the F-type sound as possible with the XE, maybe not as crazy as that instagram video above in terms of volume but the tone was spot on.
The FPace/XE exhaust, from the center section back bears no resemblance to the F-Type. On the FType there is a single transverse rear muffler, chambered and on the Active option valved as well.

The FPace has two separated rear mufflers.

www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
alphakinase (08-01-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 12:13 PM

The FPace/XE exhaust, from the center section back bears no resemblance to the F-Type. On the FType there is a single transverse rear muffler, chambered and on the Active option valved as well.

The FPace has two separated rear mufflers.
Thanks. I understand the stock setups are quite different. My question was aimed at understanding how the VelocityAP aftermarket setups for both vehicles differ. So are the VAP dual rear mufflers for the XE similar in design to the VAP F-type single muffler (apart from being split), and would they yield a similar tone?

Old 07-31-2017, 12:33 PM
Sponsor

Thanks. I understand the stock setups are quite different. My question was aimed at understanding how the VelocityAP aftermarket setups for both vehicles differ. So are the VAP dual rear mufflers for the XE similar in design to the VAP F-type single muffler (apart from being split), and would they yield a similar tone?
Yes, they are split design. There's no room or mounting points to attach a transverse rear muffler to the XE/FPace. Ordinarily there's a sound difference between split and XPipe variants, except with the center resonator on the V6 cars they are already merging flow to a large degree so I wouldn't expect that much of a sound difference.

www.velocityap.com

alphakinase (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I can tell you all that my XE and my FPace both sound much different stock. The Fpace is so much louder maybe because it is an open cabin. Maybe I have to lower the rear seats in my XE to get the same volume into the cabin?

Old 08-01-2017, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I can tell you all that my XE and my FPace both sound much different stock. The Fpace is so much louder maybe because it is an open cabin. Maybe I have to lower the rear seats in my XE to get the same volume into the cabin?
I can confirm this. Had an FPace S loaner for about 2 weeks, and immediately noticed it was about 50% louder in the cabin. I could have sworn it was coming from the speakers, but I don't think JLR does that. Outside it sounded about the same as the XE though. Granted, it was the 380 bhp tuned engine so that could account for a bit of added volume.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I could have sworn it was coming from the speakers, but I don't think JLR does that. Outside it sounded about the same as the XE though.
I believe there is a tube that directs some engine sound into the cabin, not a speaker like BMW does.

Old 09-11-2017, 02:25 PM

Hi All, I'm a newbie to this forum. I recently started reading this thread because I am planning on installing an exhaust on my RR Sport HST v6. I noticed that the F type v6s and the F pace v6s do not have the secondary resonator as some have shown, while the RR v6 and XE do. I'm planning on deleting the resonator and keeping the front and rear mufflers this Wed. I will post a vid when I'm done. If it still doesn't sound good enough, I will swap the mufflers, right now will give the resonator delete a try.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:09 PM

Here is the video of the resonator delete on my RR Sport V6. I kept the center muffler before the resonator and rear mufflers.

alphakinase (09-29-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 09:28 PM
alphakinase (09-29-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 10:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been testing tunes for Chris from VAP.
Something very exciting happening when it comes to sounds

alphakinase (09-29-2017)