XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE SVR

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts
Default XE SVR

New Jaguar XE SVR set to challenge the BMW M3 | Auto Express

Images look awesome! Reminds me of the XKR-S.

The following users liked this post:
Fair2 (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I don't think can compete at al with al the models they mentioned. But it is nice to see but not my style in looks. I doubt they will drop in the V8 even though it is so easy todo and just give it another SW tune like they did with the F-Type 400 model and below.

This post just came 3 days after I ordered a pair of SVR badges for my XE now the the power levels will be that of an SVR in a V6 format. A couple exterior trim parts to add and I shall be happy with my XE for a year more or so.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Jag can beat either model, but will consumers be ready such a car when AMG and M cars have such a history? People aspire to buy an AMG or M, but haven't had the dream time on SVR.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member

I think price would be a big factor. If Jag could get this car in at 10% below the M3, it'd be pretty compelling. Pitching it at the same price is a mistake IMO, especially if the Guilia is a little cheaper.

I love the look of the renders, they appeal to the teenager in me.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

In the article they estimate appx $79K usd for the SVR XE, and the Giulia Quadrifoglio is around $71K usd. IMHO the jag marketing department should carefully look at the real competition here, and either lower the starting price of the SVR, or they should just go ahead put the v8 in the XE and squash the Alpha with horsepower and call it a day. They could easily get 650Hp with the v8, without adding weight....these two cars can already compete really well against the M.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Is that a recycled article as the comments are 3 years old?
I think the enthusiasts will still choice the M and AMG cars over the SVR until the SVR gets more attention in the publics eye

Old 03-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmm, true, save that there are some people like me who dont want a BM or Benz because they are so common, audi because they are not as prestige, but arent adventurous enough for a prestige Alfa because of their dodgy build and appalling and soul destroying service and inventive responses to warranty issues (I own one so I can comment).

But yes, if you are talking about someone who wants to track the car, it is a lot of coin for something unproven.

With the date of the article I'm not sure, but there were a few articles on about 20 Feb about the XE SVR
New Jaguar XE SVR to take on the BMW M3
Jaguar Will Be Battling The BMW M3 With The 500-HP XE SVR
Jaguar May Build an XE SVR with the F-Type R's Fire-Breathing V8

I just initially posted the one with the prettiest render.

Fair2 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member

If Jaguar can offer high performance XE variants in a manual for USA; that alone will covet many enthusiasts who have been ignored in the market place.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
If Jaguar can offer high performance XE variants in a manual for USA; that alone will covet many enthusiasts who have been ignored in the market place.
ESPECIALLY since Alfa isn't bringing a manual QV stateside.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by babyjag91
ESPECIALLY since Alfa isn't bringing a manual QV stateside.
Jag needs to buck the trend and jump on the manual train. Makes the marque unique and emphasizes the driver in a way the paddles can't. Even if it's more for marketing and branding as most will not buy a manual... A great precision gear box along light, engaging clutch can do a lot to get the world auto journalists into an accolade frenzy.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Jag needs to buck the trend and jump on the manual train. Makes the marque unique and emphasizes the driver in a way the paddles can't. Even if it's more for marketing and branding as most will not buy a manual... A great precision gear box along light, engaging clutch can do a lot to get the world auto journalists into an accolade frenzy.
I don't understand why they don't just offer it as a custom build... If a buyer wants a manual, give them the option. You don't have to build 500, 1000 units or whatever and have them sitting on the lots. I would've waited another six months to a year if Jag gave me the option to build a manual XE. Hell, I would've been willing to pay MORE even though manuals are generally cheaper.

Though I don't want to sound like I'm complaining too much, as the paddle shifter system is lovely in my XE. Just want a more emotional connection to the car. My next Jag lease will be an F-TYPE S with stick.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad Jaguar is stepping up to compete in this space, but I don't really like the looks of the SVR. That wing is the biggest offender to me. Nice bodylines the whole way and then this stiff straight wing, just looks like a cheap bolt on.

I'm sticking to the XE S dream.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Raaz
That wing is the biggest offender to me. Nice bodylines the whole way and then this stiff straight wing, just looks like a cheap bolt on.
Agreed. Not a big fan of it on F Type either.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

I think this svr sounds like it will be a great machine. it will have the chops / chassis to better aim at the alfa...the m and amg are fighting for 2nd and 3rd place on the podium currently.

mosesbotbol (03-13-2017)