XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Floor Mats

I purchased the premium package as well as the RWD protection pack, which includes heavy duty rubber floor mats, trunk mat/tray and a trunk organizer.

What I am wondering is if anyone found the carpet "premium floor mats" that come with the car lacking in quality? They appear really cheap, no logo for premium mats.

I was expecting something close to those in the Evoque or other JLR products.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:36 AM
GGG
Received 16,796 Likes on 12,166 Posts

I was surprised to read your comment on the quality of the mats - and also that no other owners had replied.

You mention 'no logo' so I think your dealer may have supplied the Standard Mat (P/N T2H4234PVJ) instead of the Premium Mat (P/N T2H7172PVJ):

Standard Mat
Floor Mats-xf-mat.jpg
(click on the image to enlarge it)

Premium Mat
Floor Mats-xf-premium-mat.jpg
(click on the image to enlarge it)

NOTE: I've taken this from the UK catalogue so P/N's will vary for the LHD specification.

Jaguar haven't listed different levels of Mat on earlier models and, given the price difference between the two sets, I wonder why they have bothered to do this with the XF.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 04-07-2016 at 09:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Magnumforc (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 10:01 AM

Thanks so much, Graham. I will check with the dealer tomorrow and see what happened. I installed the rubber mats just so they looked better than the standard ones.

Cheers

Bruce

Old 04-12-2016, 03:31 PM

Went to the dealer and they are ordering the correct mats. The parts person stated seems to occur irregularly, but he thinks the mats are switched or wrongly processed at the factory. Also that vehicles arrive with no mats at all as they steal them at the port.

Incidentally the part numbers for the US are:

Regular mats in JET: T2H4233PVJ Premium mats in Jet: T2H7171PVJ

Again, thanks.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:17 PM
GGG
Received 16,796 Likes on 12,166 Posts

If it happens regularly, I wonder why the dealership didn't pick up on it at PDI.

As long as you get the correct mats from them, that's what counts.

Graham

Old 04-17-2016, 06:29 PM

Received the new mats and they also are not the premium mats. Looks like the electronic parts catalog and the accessory catalog do not match up. Gave them the parts numbers again....sigh.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:33 AM

Finally received the premium mats and they are great. Just like the Range Rover mats I had several years ago. Nice metal plates with JAGUAR on them, better bindings, etc.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
Finally received the premium mats and they are great. Just like the Range Rover mats I had several years ago. Nice metal plates with JAGUAR on them, better bindings, etc.
Magnum, do you have the correct part number for these mats?

Old 05-06-2016, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by hinckley
Magnum, do you have the correct part number for these mats?
Sure do: T2H7171PVJ Premium Floor Mats Jet

I would guess the last letter indicates the color, J is for Jet?

Old 05-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sure do: T2H7171PVJ Premium Floor Mats Jet

I would guess the last letter indicates the color, J is for Jet?
Perfect. Thanks for that.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by hinckley
Perfect. Thanks for that.
If you order them, check them before delivery. What they swear is the Premium Mat may not be. Nice people here at my dealer but perplexed and had to hunt for the right ones. Incidentally, the correct mats are made in Poland, as were the Land Rover premium mats.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased the premium package as well as the RWD protection pack, which includes heavy duty rubber floor mats, trunk mat/tray and a trunk organizer.

What I am wondering is if anyone found the carpet "premium floor mats" that come with the car lacking in quality? They appear really cheap, no logo for premium mats.

I was expecting something close to those in the Evoque or other JLR products.

I agree they do look cheap but since I only use rubber mats it doesn't bother me. I like the "Jaguar" metal insert on the front mats. I always just store the regular mats as they get way too dirty.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by steves1101
I agree they do look cheap but since I only use rubber mats it doesn't bother me. I like the "Jaguar" metal insert on the front mats. I always just store the regular mats as they get way too dirty.
The real "Premium Mats" do have the metal Jaguar emblem for the front and are much better quality than those they are including with the vehicle. I think someone at Jaguar is simply throwing the cheaper mats in the trunk and have no idea what the premium mats look like.

As above, my dealer ordered the right ones for me: T2H7171PVJ Premium Floor Mats Jet. I would guess the last letter indicates the color, J is for Jet? That is the correct number for left hand drive. If it were right hand, it would be T2H7172PVJ for jet.

I have the protection pack as well (that trunk organizer weighs a ton!!) but like the luxury of the carpet mats in summer. I always Scotchgard them before installing and they look like new even after a few years. At least they have on all my past vehicles. I change to the rubber mats when the inclement weather hits, which seems to last about a few weeks here in southern California.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:48 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The real "Premium Mats" do have the metal Jaguar emblem for the front and are much better quality than those they are including with the vehicle. I think someone at Jaguar is simply throwing the cheaper mats in the trunk and have no idea what the premium mats look like.

As above, my dealer ordered the right ones for me: T2H7171PVJ Premium Floor Mats Jet. I would guess the last letter indicates the color, J is for Jet? That is the correct number for left hand drive. If it were right hand, it would be T2H7172PVJ
According to the 2017 XF brochure that I downloaded from the website the Part number for the Luxury Carpet Mat Set is T2H7171PVJ and T2H7173PVJ for AWD set. I wonder what the difference would be in the mats because of AWD. I have AWD and planned on buying the upgraded mats after I sell my car that I replaced the XF with. LOL.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by yntski
According to the 2017 XF brochure that I downloaded from the website the Part number for the Luxury Carpet Mat Set is T2H7171PVJ and T2H7173PVJ for AWD set. I wonder what the difference would be in the mats because of AWD. I have AWD and planned on buying the upgraded mats after I sell my car that I replaced the XF with. LOL.
If you did not get the premium mats, and you have the luxury interior package, tell the dealer to order them for you. You paid for them and they should be included. The difference with AWD MAY be a slightly wider tunnel due to the additional transfer case for the AWD. At least that would be my guess. I do know the mats were different for our BMW's when we had the same year and model except I had the AWD and the spouse did not.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you did not get the premium mats, and you have the luxury interior package, tell the dealer to order them for you. You paid for them and they should be included. The difference with AWD MAY be a slightly wider tunnel due to the additional transfer case for the AWD. At least that would be my guess. I do know the mats were different for our BMW's when we had the same year and model except I had the AWD and the spouse did not.
I didn't get the luxury interior package. I just want to upgrade the mats as I agree they do look a little cheap. I will make sure the dealer orders the correct part number. I copied the page of the brochure that shows the part number and I will hand it directly to them as most likely there will be a mix up on the ordering. LOL.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by yntski
I didn't get the luxury interior package. I just want to upgrade the mats as I agree they do look a little cheap. I will make sure the dealer orders the correct part number. I copied the page of the brochure that shows the part number and I will hand it directly to them as most likely there will be a mix up on the ordering. LOL.
Yes, they ordered mine several times before getting it right!