XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Not understanding XF pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts
Default Not understanding XF pricing

I built an an XF S with most options and came up with 78k plus US . I just built a BMW550 awd with similar options for essentially same price. I know the new architecture is supposed to be advanced and leading edge, but with the BMW i'm getting a V8 with 4.5 sec 0-60. How does Jag believe they've lowered prices and are providing more value with a 380 hp engine? My 11 SC was pretty loaded (no awd) and stickered for 68k.

Haven't looked at comparable Audi or Mercedes.
Chime in, please.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

I wouldn't pay the advertised price for either car. How big a discount can you get on each? Suppose 10% BMW and 20% Jag (*) then how would prices compare?

(*) or whatever % you can get

Old 10-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member

No, agree you wouldn't pay advertised price, but I am pointing out that jag has made a point of saying that prices are lower, but that may only be at intro level. I don't think you'll get 20% discount on the 2016 XF's. From a competetive I've standpoint, it seems, for the price the you get the V8 with better performance with the BMW. I would think that the jags price should be lower, than the 550 xi. How much will the V8 XF be when it comes out, assuming it does, and what performancewill it deliver at the price point?

Old 10-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by JagV8
I wouldn't pay the advertised price for either car. How big a discount can you get on each? Suppose 10% BMW and 20% Jag (*) then how would prices compare?

(*) or whatever % you can get
Where do you think anyone is going to get those discounts from? I would love to know what dealer is going to loose that much money selling a 2016 car.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Geez - read the post. You even quoted the part!! You'd need to find WHAT ACTUAL discount, then compare prices. Nowhere did I say you'd get those ones.

Last edited by JagV8; 10-08-2015 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:45 AM
Veteran Member

Based on what has been posted, jags margins have tightened. I think the fat is in the bundled options packages. Regardless of discounts, what will it take to buy a sub 4.5 sec jag, let alone with a V8? There is nothing in the current lineup over 380 hp that will move a 4000 plus pound car to that performance level. Seems that jag is going porsche route with significant premiums for speed. (The XFS I built on the jag USA site was an awd.)

Old 10-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

A few weeks ago, I built an XF S when the pricing went live on the configurator. I checked almost all of the boxes and am pretty sure the price came to a little over $70K. Doing the same think now bumps it up close to $80K.

I'm either in early stage Alzheimer's, or Jaguar drastically changed the option pricing since then.

Most definitely agree with jaguny. It's too much money. Unless, dynamically, it's closer to an M5 or E63. Not likely with only 380 hp.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:42 AM
Veteran Member

I didn't catch the change. Was this prior to their new "lower" price announcements?.

I believe jag is using a porsche pricing model, seems like a reasonable price on Base model, but to get real engine performance you will pay significant premium. Option bundling is painfully expensive. This is opposite of why I bought my supercharged XF. For 68k msrp, you pretty much had all options. I don't think I want to pay close to 80k for XF S awd.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:15 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
I didn't catch the change. Was this prior to their new "lower" price announcements?.

I believe jag is using a porsche pricing model, seems like a reasonable price on Base model, but to get real engine performance you will pay significant premium. Option bundling is painfully expensive. This is opposite of why I bought my supercharged XF. For 68k msrp, you pretty much had all options. I don't think I want to pay close to 80k for XF S awd.

Both you and Kodiak are correct. They bumped up the price on the configurator. I'm sure of it. I had the same experience as Kodiak. When I went back the second time, I couldn't believe how much more expensive it was. This now has me very concerned for the F-Pace, which at current price structure blows the Porsche Macan S out of the water. Clean out! I wonder of the Jag suits will follow and strip the F-Pace to the bones like the Macan S, and pump up the price to high 70s to low 90s to get a decently equipped F-Pace?

Old 10-31-2015, 05:41 AM
Veteran Member

I see that some dealer web sites are showing new xf in new inventory (with just a rendered picture). I expect prices are set. Not what i was expecting with their new lower price announcements.

Old 10-31-2015, 12:10 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
I see that some dealer web sites are showing new xf in new inventory (with just a rendered picture). I expect prices are set. Not what i was expecting with their new lower price announcements.
I looked on autotrader, there are a handful that have actual images, I do like that new front end a lot. Price does climb quite a bit but I think for the equipment they're priced smartly.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:56 AM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I have stopped by San Diego Jaguar the other day and they had 2 2016 XFs. One was a regular, the other was XF-S. The regular one stickered at $65K, the XF-S at $73K.

My 2015 XF V8 Supercharged stickered at $72K. For a 470-hp V8. With nice leather (the leather in the new XF is very BMW-like). Fully-loaded. Still a $1K cheaper than the new one.

I don't understand where they are going with these prices. AT ALL.
The majority of such cars get leased anyway and Jags never really had good leases (mine is an exception).

With MSRPs bumped up so much they will have real trouble moving these cars.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:05 PM

The XF Supercharged really was the goldilocks of the range. I'm not sure what a like for like XF would cost compared to mine, then again it's kind of hard to since they changed the packaging; also I'm sure most consumers won't care about the aluminum but that is a factor as well.

How would you say the new leather compares to the Portfolio package leather?

Old 11-27-2015, 07:27 AM

Actually I just built an XF with feature as close as I could to mine and it came in about $2k less.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

I drove a new loaded XF/S ($76K sticker). The new leather is low rent, like the base XF now or worse. The portfolio interior materials of all my 3 Xfs starting with 2010 V8 NA, than 2011 V8 SC, and now 2014 V6 AWD are much nicer than what Jag is trying to shove at us for much-much more $$. Between the pricing, non-attractive leases I don't see Jag going anywhere with these cars. I really wanted to stay with Jag, but now looks unlikely, unless driving the new F-Pace/S will blow me away (don't like SUVs) and pricing stays where it is on them.

Last edited by yidal8; 12-01-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by yidal8
I drove a new loaded XF/S ($76K sticker). The new leather is low rent, like the base XF now or worse. The portfolio interior materials of all my 3 Xfs starting with 2010 V8 NA, than 2011 V8 SC, and now 2014 V6 AWD are much nicer than what Jag is trying to shove at us for much-much more $$. Between the pricing, non-attractive leases I don't see Jag going anywhere with these cars. I really wanted to stay with Jag, but now looks unlikely, unless driving the new F-Pace/S will blow me away (don't like SUVs) and pricing stays where it is on them.
That's a shame to hear about the leather; it is beyond me why they're not offering a Portfolio package in the US but they are elsewhere; in photos, at least, the Portfolio package leather looks much nicer.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

If you check f-pace on Jag-USA website, they show some interior pictures with gorgeous "Siena Tan Perforated Windsor Leather Seats". In small print at the bottom it says 'European model shown'. These however are not available anywhere when building your car on the site. Same is shown in the XF section with same disclaimer. What rubbish

Old 12-02-2015, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by yidal8
If you check f-pace on Jag-USA website, they show some interior pictures with gorgeous "Siena Tan Perforated Windsor Leather Seats". In small print at the bottom it says 'European model shown'. These however are not available anywhere when building your car on the site. Same is shown in the XF section with same disclaimer. What rubbish
I know. When they first showed the F-Pace I wanted that Sienna Tan so bad, but lo and behold it's not even an option. Their packaging of colors/veneers is subpar compared to what it was just last year.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

I think they are holding out for the higher trim packages and quality leather for the V8 models (or whatever performance engine they determine). I'm not writing the line off because of it...yet. But if I have to deal with low quality leather like non-M BMW's, I won't be happy. I love the leather in my XFR and it's one of the reasons I went to Jag in the first place.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My 2016 XF-S is fully loaded with every possible option for $75,042 MSRP. The dealer's invoice is just above 70K on this vehicle and you can expect to pay about 2.5K under the MSRP here in Southern California. I went through a number of dealers and tried comparing apples with apples (try that when nobody orders the exact same package) but added and subtracted packages and options to get what I wanted. I had to laugh when I realized how much it was priced up from "base" but it is one helluva car so far.

That said, the new XE when built fully loaded comes in at close to 68K. No comparison from what I can see on paper, even though I have not of course seen a new XE yet.

Quick Reply: Not understanding XF pricing