XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Sportbrake modding questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportbrake modding questions

Any help or insight to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated! (Vendors, Youtube channels to follow, ect) Going forward should all these questions be posted in specific areas of the forum, or are they better suited for the X260 sub forum?

Exhaust- Does anyone make a bolt on cat back exhausts? Was thinking about removing the resonators on the mid pipes if this is not an option.

Tint- Does anyone have pics of 15%? Considering 12% (if 3m makes it) or 10% because of the glass roof.

Intakes- Any other vendors besides Mina? Was looking at the performance tube intake to retain OEM airboxes, and then do K&N drop ins. Also looking for more supercharger whine but do not want heat sink of open intake cones.

Roof Rails- Looking for something that will be compatible to hold 2 enduro mountain bikes.

Tires- One of my Pirellis has a gash in the sidewall and needs to be replaced, I'm going to do all 4. Usually run Continental DWS on my vehicles, any other recommendations for high performance all season? Also, was quite surprised about how high the OEM tire pressure recommendations are! Any complications with aftermarket tires/high pressures/sensors?

Remote start- Does this only work if you subscribe to the Jaguar Remote app for $20 a month? Any alternatives?

Front plate holes- Besides filling and respraying the bumper, do they make "plugs" that are painted body match that you can insert in?

Phone holder- Looking for something that don't require a magnet sticker on the case or cup holder mount. Maybe place something on the passenger side of the console.

Thank you much.

Old 07-11-2021, 04:02 PM
Received 131 Likes on 72 Posts

responses in line below

Originally Posted by XLJAG
Any help or insight to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated! (Vendors, Youtube channels to follow, ect) Going forward should all these questions be posted in specific areas of the forum, or are they better suited for the X260 sub forum?

- no specific channels but I typically search XF, XE, and FPace terms too as some of the parts interchange and you can deduce from there. There is a surprisingly little amount of content out there. Let’s start adding some.

Exhaust- Does anyone make a bolt on cat back exhausts? Was thinking about removing the resonators on the mid pipes if this is not an option.

- Quicksilver in the UK makes an axle back, and confirmed fitment for the Sportbrake. So any other sedan kit therefore “should” work, as long as it isn’t a quad tip setup.

- I just did a resonator delete on mine and it’s zero compromise in-car, sounds great outside. See my thread on this forum for video link.

- But you have 3-4 different things on the car to remove or replace to alter sound in the event a replacement isn’t available. Res delete has no drone effect and lots of tone/crackles added. With the wagon you have to be careful as the interior space is a giant dome. Most f pace setups though should be similar in results.

- allegedly VAP was going to make a kit for the XF but I emailed them and got no details. They also confirmed Fpace and XE kits they currently make won’t fit. Haven’t followed up with them in a month or so so maybe shoot them a line.

Tint- Does anyone have pics of 15%? Considering 12% (if 3m makes it) or 10% because of the glass roof.

- mine is 20% and for what it’s worth I shared the concerns of the roof letting in too much light. But the stock roof glass is tinted and the shade reduces it a bit. The front glass also does a decent job of filtering. I like dark tint but haven’t felt the need to add more. Subjective for sure but just wanted to let you know I had the same thought process.

Intakes- Any other vendors besides Mina? Was looking at the performance tube intake to retain OEM airboxes, and then do K&N drop ins. Also looking for more supercharger whine but do not want heat sink of open intake cones.

- I cannot find anyone else other than Mina. I have searched extensively. When it comes down to it. The stock system is well designed. The Mina kit “deletes” the air pickups that feed the bottom of the stock air boxes, which doesn’t make sense to me. I am running the Mina cone filters wedged into the lower boxes to retain the stock air Pickups. I’ve noticed no change in performance just sound. I also retained the stock Ypipe. I was going to coat the pipe and run the full kit but the fitment wasn’t great and I have moved on to other things right now.

- that being said, I want to get a spare set of air boxes and modify the tops to further reduce engine bay heat or make custom tops to bolt onto the lower boxes. Otherwise a set of high flow drop ins is the easiest off the shelf solution or make some custom heat shields and run cones.

- I can’t find the link but there was a shop owner of a different forum who fabbed some aluminum tops for his Fpace, idk if hood clearance between Fpace and the XFSB would allow for cross compatibility but it’s a great idea to allow for sound and cone filters without adding in heat soak.

Tires- One of my Pirellis has a gash in the sidewall and needs to be replaced, I'm going to do all 4. Usually run Continental DWS on my vehicles, any other recommendations for high performance all season? Also, was quite surprised about how high the OEM tire pressure recommendations are! Any complications with aftermarket tires/high pressures/sensors?

- just a +1 for DWS from me, likely will be my next tire when the pirellis wear

Remote start- Does this only work if you subscribe to the Jaguar Remote app for $20 a month? Any alternatives?

- I am not paying for the app and the remote start works.

Front plate holes- Besides filling and respraying the bumper, do they make "plugs" that are painted body match that you can insert in?

- yes, bumperplugs.com will send you paint matched plugs, make sure your existing holes aren’t too big and you confirm the paint code

Thank you much.

The following 2 users liked this post by DeviLSh:
Bobsupra (07-12-2021), JaguarJack12 (07-12-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 07:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Is your car out of warranty? You need to check and confirm otherwise, someone on this forum reported a dealer denying his warranty because he used an aftermarket air cleaner filter.
P.

Old 07-18-2021, 01:47 PM
Received 131 Likes on 72 Posts

it is still covered, no issues at my last 2 dealer visits with the Mina filters installed. (doesn't really confirm much, but no issue or comments made)