XF (X260) 2015 onwards

XF Infotainment System

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XF Infotainment System

Have a 2018 Sportbrake--nice car, fast, handles well and beautiful. No problems other than the Infortainment System fairly often at car startup isn't syncing with the Sirius satellite radio, so it defaults to either FM or AM, and no way it will work unless shutting off car and waiting for its computer to restart, then it usually works. Have the latest software updates installed, and still same problem.
Anyone else have this problem and any other ideas how to get satellite radio going without the lengthy shutdown, waiting for computer to reset? Have turned off and on radio, gone to FM or AM and still satellite will not come back.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:19 AM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by orrlfrd
System fairly often at car startup isn't syncing with the Sirius satellite radio, so it defaults to either FM or AM, and no way it will work unless shutting off car and waiting for its computer to restart, then it usually works. Have the latest software updates installed, and still same problem..
Could it be that you start your car in your garage and warm it up for 30-40 sec? It doesn't receive the signal from the satellite and therefore defaults to whatever source is next. And naturally when you a restarting your car you are usually outdoors. If this diagnosis is correct then that's what you do to check:
before turning the car off for the night turn the radio off with the button. Then the next morning (or whenever you start it), start driving it first and then turn radio on, when you are already driving outside. Let's see whether this is the reason.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:06 AM

I thought maybe the same thing--in garage at startup no signal. Yesterday it happened after starting car while in a parking lot, and happened at least another time while outside, where the signal should have been okay. I have thought about just what you said...I am going to turn off radio before turning off car, and then waiting until car Infotainment completely starts up ( which seems to take nearly a minute judging by what I see on the screen), and then turn on radio. Have also spoken to the dealer about this, and have seen there have been others (specially F Paces) that have had somewhat similar problems. We'll see--wouldn't really care if the car didn't take sooooo long to reboot after turning car off. Thanks

Old 01-31-2019, 10:31 AM

Do you have ICT or ICTPro? Because I have the cheaper version (ICT) and it boots up really fast. Lucky, I guess

Old 01-31-2019, 11:11 AM

I have the Pro version, and I have noticed the way it boots up isn't always the same, looking at the screen. Sometimes the Eco mode notification doesn't have happen until several minutes have passed. The software has been updated twice--the first was a "major" upgrade to address the complaints of slow boot up, and supposedly some other lockup problems, such at the satellite radio (I was told). Home screen went from 4 icons to 3 with the new upgrade, and things seemed to start up faster. Didn't have satellite problem for 1-2 months, then started happening randomly. I don't drive the car often, usually on longer trips. Have only 5K miles in one year on car. No other software problems have happened--at first I had several issues with the backup camera staying on and the seat heating to be offline like the satellite is still intermittently.
Too bad, as otherwise the car is enjoyable to drive, so far otherwise trouble free, and wife loves it.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

I have the Pro version, and I have noticed the way it boots up isn't always the same,......
I have ICT and it's been flawless for two years. One software upgrade a year ago. I know it can be a PITA to make multiple dealer visits, especially for the same problem, but hold their feet to the fire under warranty. Are you far from the service center?

Old 02-01-2019, 10:15 AM

Have another appointment--fortunately retired, so I have time and they give me a car to drive. They are about 16 miles away on a crowded freeway, but that's where the BMW dealer is located, our other car. Yes, I will not give up, but somehow I think it will be a difficult problem to fix for them without a good software program.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Of the many software glitches I've hit with the Pro infotainment system, that's not one of them. With the sat radio, I've had it think I didn't have a subscription and I've had it forget all the favorites, but not lose the radio altogether. I suspect that's a hardware problem of some sort, either with the infotainment system itself, the sat radio hardware, or a cable.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:54 PM

That's good to hear. I will mention this to the service consultant when I take care in for troubleshooting next week. He also said he hasn't come across the satellite problem before, but the F Pace had a considerable number of people complain about the satellite not coming up when starting car, but the difference is some were able to turn radio on and off or change to FM and then back to satellite, which took care of the problem. None of those solves my problem, but it never fails to synch and startup if I turn off the car and wait for the system to "reboot", which takes quite some time. Maybe it will turn out to be a "hardware" problem, we'll see. Since I have had this problem off and on since I bought the car, and 2 updates haven't taken care of the problem. As I mentioned before, I did experience the back up camera freezing and the seat heaters "offline", but these 2 problems haven't happened for a long time. At least I have not experienced the "black screen" problem some have written about! Thanks

As for now I am turning off the radio before turning off the car and then waiting after starting the car for a minute or so, then turning on radio and see if that makes a difference.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:58 PM

I'd say that the character of the brand...I have all sorts of issues with mine, just sort of get used to it

Old 02-08-2019, 06:26 PM

You're probably right--had 2 Jags in the early 70s, great fun cars, but always something electrical was going wrong, but major issues with the blast from the past XJ6--happiest day in my life when someone bought it!
But it's 2019, and that kind of thing just shouldn't still be a problem, especially for basic stuff like radios, satellite hookups, etc. Otherwise a great car to drive so far, but it's the little things that are irritating! Especially as the Sportbrake is not an inexpensive vehicle. Maybe that's why the warranty is longer than some others--to entice folks to buy them?
It will get sorted out sooner or later, maybe?

Old 02-22-2019, 07:10 PM

My little experiment with shutting off the radio before the car, and then waiting to turn it back on again after starting up (approx 30-60 sec), so far the Sirius satellite has worked without problem. Have cycled this way for approximately 30 starts without problems, so we'll see. It's a work in progress.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member

My little experiment with shutting off the radio before the car, and then waiting to turn it back on again after starting up (approx 30-60 sec), so far the Sirius satellite has worked without problem. Have cycled this way for approximately 30 starts without problems, so we'll see. It's a work in progress.
Commonly called a "work around" They should still fix it. Hit them up on each of your service visits for a fix.

Old 02-23-2019, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by mleskovar
Commonly called a "work around" They should still fix it. Hit them up on each of your service visits for a fix.
with all due respect it is hardly a workaround. If satellites are invisible there is no reception. Nothing to fix.

Different issue is not checking for signal when/if satellites are visible. OP, there could be a service bulletin for this issue. If not, ask your service rep to open a ticket with Jag engineers regarding this issue - like check for signal once a minute if signal is not found.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=ololly;2031440]with all due respect it is hardly a workaround......[/QUOTE

That's exactly what it is. One gets the desired response using activities that shouldn't be necessary but produce the desired results.Workarounds are not acceptable.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:40 PM

Still on going problem with satellite radio occasionally not available after starting car, whether outside or inside garage makes no difference. Several "software" updates from Jaguar have occurred, but have not fixed the problem. Car is at the dealer again, and hoping they will contact Jaguar for possible solutions. We'll see, but it has been a year with this unsolved problem. Only way it works is to restart the car after it has "rebooted" and then the satellite radio again works again, usually. Doubt they will solve the problem. We'll see