XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2010 XF SC Test Drive

Old 02-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 XF SC Test Drive

My interest finally peaked today and I went to my local dealership and test drove the 2010 470hp XF. The car is truly amazing. They let me drive it off for the weekend to get a real feel for the car. As I have been touring about in an "08" XJ8L for the last year it is difficult to make a comparison between the two models. In my opinion these cars are at two different ends of the spectrum. The XJ, a "Stately", "Refined", and "Dignified" mode of transport. Then the new SC XF is a "Modern", "Sophisticated" and "Stunningly Opulent". When the right boot presses the throttle, the "Growler" comes to life. The "Angry Leap" from a dead stop to 130 kph is amazing. I envy any and all who posses this motorcar. You are a lucky bunch to enjoy such a beast.
I can only imagine what the "R" badge is like to experience. Maybe my dealership will let me have a go with that for an evening.
Jeff

Old 02-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I am happy for you as you really enjoyed yourself which is a lot lol
I think I gotta love " Stunningly Opulent" word as well . Those are 2 words but tells many words

Old 02-16-2010, 08:30 PM

A sad day it was. Had to return the SC XF back to the dealer. Drove off in the Land Rover and the thing felt like it was stuck to the tarmac, flat tires, or it had the e-brake on. No matter how hard I pushed the throttle the truck just lumbered along. LOL.
I hate it when my Jag/Rover dealership let's me pull off for a day in any thing I want!
I NEED to WIN the LOTTO!!!! I really shouldn't complain, after all I do have a great XJ in the garage.
Jeff

Last edited by roverlr3; 02-16-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Add text
Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Likely the best car Jaguar has ever made, but I just can't get past the looks of it. I remember the first time I saw one on the road. I was stopped at a light, right behind it, but one lane over. Without really looking at it, it just registered as a new Nissan Altima or something. First time that ever happened with a Jag....

Old 02-17-2010, 08:22 PM

I can agree with a lot of what you say Erik,,,,,, sort'a. I felt exactly the same way except I saw a "Lexus" in the XF. It lacked the instantly recognizable "Jaguar" styling that it's heritage is so dependent. It wasn't until I really had time to "Look" and "Study" the car. Every line, every detail. Then an in depth test drive of two days with the "Supercharged" version proved it a force to be reckoned with. The combination of the two "Shouts" Jaguar Performance. If you give the car a chance you may be surprised. I sure was, in fact bowled over and astounded by the "New" Jag.
I do have some reservations of spending close to $70,000 USD for a new car that "kinda looks" like some other stuff motoring about. But certainly when your behind the wheel and in the drivers seat you know without a doubt your in a world class Jaguar.
Jeff

Attached Thumbnails 2010 XF SC Test Drive-jag-%40-43mm.jpg  

Last edited by roverlr3; 02-17-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: text
Old 02-17-2010, 10:06 PM

I do have to take one for a spin. There is just so much that they seem to put ahead of the driving experience. The derivitive looks. The odd shifter.

I really thought it was nothing special, until I saw the new XJ in flesh tonight.It was so hideous that the XF started to look pretty good. The new XJ said Hyundai or Kia to me. Do we have a vomit emoticon?

Old 02-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen the new 2010 XJ (not in-person, just online) but would love to be given the keys to a XJ8L Supersport!!!! Noone would hear me complain! LOL I just can't get past why some people think the XF looks too much like "other Nissan-ish" like cars. I'm an avid car lover and to me, it just says Jag...even from the back. Yeah, it don't look like an "older" style Jag, but if it did, I wouldn't be here and a Jag would not be in my garage. An older MB S-class would be instead. LOL To me, there's nothing like it on the road. My car turns heads as does all XF's out there and their owners do agree. An Altima and Lexus don't. I'm sorry to say.

I spent WEEKS looking long and hard at all cars in the price range of 60+. Not a single one did it for me in looks alone. I already knew what they had under the hood before getting my hands on them at their respective dealerships. The ONLY one that came close was Audi. Lexus, Infiniti and Caddy came in last. I'm not a BMW fan but sure, the 7-series is nice but the price tag hurts the wallet. I'm a MB and Masi fan but didn't wanna shell out 6 figures quite yet. But they still didn't have what the XF does for style on the inside and out. Sure, there's little things like rear-side window blinds and infrared on the S-class, but to me, that's not important. The XF is the only sedan out there that has "class".

Take a test-drive and you'll know why. The first push of the "heartbeat" that pulses on the engine's start/stop button says it all!!! NO other car has that!

Just a little side note...the other day, I very ballsy mini-van wanted to race me. Let's say, they were a speck in my rear-view mirror! :-) The feel against the seat from the Supercharger gave me a gentle reminder why I L-O-V-E this car! I ignored my dear husband's comment about me being at the gas station too much b/c the Cat (or owner) don't know when to quit "playing" with people. ;-)

Last edited by N2AV8TN; 02-18-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: can't type or spell. lol
Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 AM

Glad to hear you are enjoying your XF. I am certain it is an incredible driving car!

While we will agree to disagree on the greatness of the styling, otherwise I agree it is a great car.

HATE the XJ, tho. Biggest automotive disappointment of my life. Seriously.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are talking the new XJ right? The re-designed one? I gotta go check one out if our dealership here has one in yet.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by N2AV8TN
You are talking the new XJ right? The re-designed one? I gotta go check one out if our dealership here has one in yet.
Yup, the new one. Saw two of them. One was in black and the other in white. The black might not have bothered me that much, but the white looked hideous!

Looks much better in pictures!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:33 PM

"A MINI VAN!!!!! Was the guy on crack!
N2AV8TN what year is your car? The reason I ask is I have located an 09 with 1000 miles and discounted about $10,000. If I buy an XF I just don't know how much "Fun" I'd sacrifice with 50 less HP in the 09 (correct me if I'm wrong, 420hp). With 470 hp in the 2010 that thing "Blistered" the tarmac. I had my mind set on buying an 07/08 XKR,,,,, until I ran the 2010 XFSC. Now I am completely undecided. The XKR has such a presence and commanding demeanor. I will concur, as one settles in with the XFSC it has an appeal that grows very strong. It really is that good at everything.(IMHO)
Jeff

Attached Thumbnails 2010 XF SC Test Drive-jag-35mm-macro.jpg