XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Countdown --- Velocity AP Tune arrival

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

1. Find a dyno...2. flash stock tune on car...3. do three dyno runs...4....immediately flash mod tune on car...5...do three dyno runs...6...compare results.

Knowing this before hand could have saved 600 miles on my car, and 8 hours of my day.

More importantly....what will happen to the performance after a month on the tune? I am not understanding how the tune will adapt to previous conditions...since I have uploaded the tune onto the XF, I have had ample opportunities to hook the tires and get out of the hole, as well as long pulls on the freeway. Let's say I take the car to dyno again and follow the procedure you outlined? Will it "remember" the driving habits from the current tune?

I should have listened to cambo!!!!

Will find a dyno here in Dallas and follow the procedure you outlined. I do see the increase in HP and it falls right in line with what VAP advertised, I just would prefer to have that extra pull in the 3k -4k RPM range otherwise I don't feel the tune alone is worth much for in-town fun, cause the game is played and won in 100 yard runs or less.

I am wondering what to expect from the larger crank pulley? Hopefully Stuart has time to read this post and comment on the above.

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 04-02-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
Let me see if I understand you correctly.

1. Find a dyno...2. flash stock tune on car...3. do three dyno runs...4....immediately flash mod tune on car...5...do three dyno runs...6...compare results.

Knowing this before hand could have saved 600 miles on my car, and 8 hours of my day.

More importantly....what will happen to the performance after a month on the tune? I am not understanding how the tune will adapt to previous conditions...since I have uploaded the tune onto the XF, I have had ample opportunities to hook the tires and get out of the hole, as well as long pulls on the freeway. Let's say I take the car to dyno again and follow the procedure you outlined? Will it "remember" the driving habits from the current tune?

I should have listened to cambo!!!!

Will find a dyno here in Dallas and follow the procedure you outlined. I do see the increase in HP and it falls right in line with what VAP advertised, I just would prefer to have that extra pull in the 3k -4k RPM range otherwise I don't feel the tune alone is worth much for in-town fun, cause the game is played and won in 100 yard runs or less.

I am wondering what to expect from the larger crank pulley? Hopefully Stuart has time to read this post and comment on the above.
When you want o compare a before and after result, you need to make both comparisons the same. You don't want the mod file to adapt because 80% of ppl will drive harder on the mod file which hinders results of the mod file and does not make for a great comparison.

Now, how do you mirror the adaptions learned on the stock file and carry this over into the mod file.......simple answer...........you can't! Which is exactly why if you want to compare stock vs mod with a MED17.8.31 ECU...get the adaptions wiped out on the stock and mod..then do a dyno of both with adaptions cleared out. This will create a perfect example of A vs B...

Yes, your theory of the dyno process is correct, just make sure to have enough cooling time between runs and have efficient shop and front of car cooling.

If you want, I can work with you to see if we can get more pull in the 3-4k rpm range you desire. Just shoot me an email and I'll start on it soon as I can. :-)

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 04-03-2017, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member

Sweet!!! I knew you guys would come through Your level of service is a BIG reason why I went with you guys, and definitely effects my willingness to go with your crank pulley over the others out there. Email'ing you now.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery time from VELOCITY AP

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
+3, +2, +1 ...holy crap...just got notified from DHL...package is there...teeheeee...I am so giddy!!!

Contemplating heading home.

...so this will be an unboxing and detailed write up of the Velocity AP tune with dyno results posted for before, and after on a XF 3.0L Supercharged engine (Ford sourced). Stay tuned...haha get it

Takes alot for me to do the pee-pee dance nowdays....
I ordered my ECU tune from Velocity yesterday and got a generic reply that they received my order, but no REAL acknowledgement and no shipping date....Is this standard?🤔🤔🤔🤔

Old 04-28-2017, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

I think i received my package about four days after I placed the order. Dont remember when DHL sent a delivery notification...I guess follow the thread from the beginning since it was countdown...lol

Old 04-29-2017, 10:32 PM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by astoolman
I ordered my ECU tune from Velocity yesterday and got a generic reply that they received my order, but no REAL acknowledgement and no shipping date....Is this standard?🤔🤔🤔🤔
Apologies for any delays..

We've been short handed due to our sales staff being overseas all week, just arrive back in town yesterday.

Stuart will be playing catch-up on Monday

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com