XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Full Tesla Screen In XF Facelift

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 07:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Tesla Screen In XF Facelift

Hi all,
Does anyone still have a link for how to fit the full screen Android unit into an XF ?

I notice that Dennis Black had some but they have all been taken down.

I've had this unit sitting in my house for almost a year now so I thought it was time to get my finger out and fit it, lol.

Thank you for any help / links

Old 08-25-2023, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 295 Posts

heres a very old one ,also it shows you how to hook up your GPS to the stock antenna on the roof ,my new set up is upgraded now

The following users liked this post:
Ragpuss (08-26-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 01:06 AM

Thank you Dennis, I did manage to sort most of it including getting a cable for using the roof GPS, I think I have it right but these will help to confirm, it doesn't seem to use the DAB aerial though and don't see a way to include it, just the FM one.

Does your unit have the right hand knob at the bottom doing anything ? I assumed it would work the heater on/off and fan like the original but mine doesn't do anything other than beep if I turn it, lol.

Other than that everything seems to be working, added a camera to the back and USB dash cam also TPMS kit, all looks good.

Looking to work out how to setup the screen now as all I have is a default Android 12 layout, I thought it would have a Jaguar one with it so I want to find out how to sort all of that next

Old 08-27-2023, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member

Here's what you do,use one of USB ports for your dab dongle ,then download the app from the Playstore ,now the dongle comes with a Ariel apply it to the window, I've had my unit for a few years now and love it,I can an eye on my coolant Temps boost ,air intake temp voltage, with the split screen ,lots of bells and whistles
Purchase here https://www.dentechmods.com/

Last edited by dennis black; 08-27-2023 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:36 PM

Very nice setup on the screen and I love the car I wanted a V6 diesel but my budget only went as far as the 2.2D although I've likely spent and much now as if I had bought the 3.0D to start with haha.

I have finished installing the head unit now, it was a pain due to it being for LHD and my Jaguar XF is in the UK so it's RHD, had to do a lot of modding but it's now in and other than the finishing trim which I didn't quite cut perfectly it looks pretty good

That DAB looks simple enough to do, it's a shame it doesn't utilise the original Jaguar DAB aerial but looks like a simple fit all the same.

I'm trying to get an OBD2 unit paired to my head unit but the bluetooth has no settings or search that I can see other than for a phone, how did you get yours working ?

Also what launcher are you using, I only have the default Android one that came with it but I like the look of having the XF on the screen and a more versatile layout like yours

Thank you for the help Dennis.

Last edited by Ragpuss; 08-27-2023 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-27-2023, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member

You can use the stock Arial just need a splitter specific for Dab, I'm using carweb guru ,Dentechmods sell units for RHD
watch this for setup

Last edited by dennis black; 08-27-2023 at 09:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ragpuss (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 05:05 AM
Received 88 Likes on 81 Posts

Just a heads up on DAB, the aerial in the sharkfin is for LL band DAB that is not used in the UK. Your DAB aerial is in the rear screen.

Old 08-28-2023, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the help and info'

One quick question,
It seems like my rear speakers are not working since fitting the Tesla style head unit.
I remember having 2 plugs from the original head unit which were the same size but the new Android unit only had the connector for one of them so I used the one that allowed the heating controls to work, I'm now thinking that the second plug might have been for the rear speaker connections.

Is this normal for these units or have I missed something somewhere on the fitting of the new unit ?

Thanks again Dennis.

Old 08-28-2023, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member

All the speakers should work ,some people purchasing from aliexpress ebay etc has run into this ,i tell people is have them get you the updated blue box , if no responce get a DSP anp that will take care of all the channels, mine worked perfect from Dentechmods.com, but i still put a Dsp amp for crisper sound

Old 08-30-2023, 05:53 AM

I have lots of reading and watching to do, lol

One thing I'm puzzled on is the stop/start, now that the button is gone can it still be turned on and off ?

Also do you know of any rooted firmware for these Chinese units ?

Thank you again

Old 08-31-2023, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member

It's in the settings on the tesla screen (3368)

Old 09-01-2023, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

I'm building a rom update for it ,took a while to break it,I'm going through the scripts, and see what can be modified

Old 09-01-2023, 12:36 PM

That would be good,
I'm using one from Mario but I had to swap out some of the files to make it work but at least it has the latest kernel.
It does give me the option to root and unroot with his software installed too.

A quick question:- Do you know a way to get the heater vent to close with the head unit on, it seems to open the vents and keep the heater on even if the fans are off ?
Thanks

Old 09-01-2023, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe yours is a different version, but if hit my button it closes the vent on mine like oem

Old 09-01-2023, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe yours is a different version, but if hit my button it closes the vent on mine like oem

Old 09-02-2023, 03:25 AM

The knob on mine just seems to be a track next/previous now and pushing it does nothing, I'd like to remap it but can't find a way at the moment.

I do like your Home Screen, how did you get the Torx dials working on it ?

I use the same launcher I think but haven't found a way to integrate the OBD2 dials into it.

Old 09-07-2023, 05:41 AM
Default One Part Left Over From fitting

Hi all,

I fitted a Chinese Tesla style full screen Android head unit to my 2014 Jaguar XF 2.2D,
All seems to be working well except that I can no longer turn the aircon' off completely as I could before and the stop/start no longer works.
I can reduce the fans on the heater but there's no way to shut off so that the vents close with the engine running.
I have tried turning the stop/start on and off in the settings menu but it makes no difference.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get any of these 2 problems to work or what the problems might be ?

I had this small part left over from doing the wiring, I assumed it was for the pre-facelift model as it didn't fit anywhere.
Can anyone give me some clarification on what this part is ?
See attached photos.

Thank you for any help.

Last edited by Ragpuss; 09-07-2023 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2023, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry to here your issue mine works perfect like you see in my videos, tell me what version and software numbers I'll look into it for you

Old 09-08-2023, 03:51 AM

Are these what you need ? the start/stop and heater on/off have not worked even with original firmware installed. I updated to what was the latest firmware from XDA Forums in the FYT head unit threads but still the same, I expect that my AllAppUpdate.bin original file that is used during updates maybe has wrong coding or that the buttons on the bottom of the head unit are mapped wrongly although they all work other than the right side knob that I thought would be for the heater, which if turned will jog the music tracks or when pushed it does nothing.

Last edited by Ragpuss; 09-08-2023 at 03:54 AM.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

Yes I'll look into it,where did you purchase it from

Quick Reply: Full Tesla Screen In XF Facelift