XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF Supercharged, before and after RVS thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jaguar XF Supercharged, before and after RVS thread

Hello guys! Wanted so say hi and introduce my new ride. Happy to have recently acquired a 2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged. Had pretty low miles for the year at 47k. Anyways, I plan to do some small mods as well as treat the car with the products we sell at RVS Technology. Specifically, I will be performing before and after dynos, 1/4 mile times, and fuel mileage after treating the engine, supercharger, transmission and power steering with our Triboceramic treatments. I'll be posting the results and what I do to the car with time. So far I've kept the car 100% stock and just ran a baseline 1/4 mile time. Ran a 12.6@112mph which I was very happy with Mileage on the hwy has been about 23.2-23.7mpg driving around 70-80mph (I've done several 200+mile trips so far) Averages with city driving have been about 16-17 mpg. Stay tuned!

Old 12-14-2017, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Welcome! Nice color XF.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

which engine it have? 4.2SC?

Old 12-14-2017, 04:40 PM

The 2010 has the 5.0. 470hp

Old 12-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

interesting model. we had on europe only XF SV8(4.2SC) or XFR(510HP) or XFRS(550HP) your looks like normal XF SV8

Old 12-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JTatRVSusa
Hello guys! Wanted so say hi and introduce my new ride. Happy to have recently acquired a 2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged. Had pretty low miles for the year at 47k. Anyways, I plan to do some small mods as well as treat the car with the products we sell at RVS Technology. Specifically, I will be performing before and after dynos, 1/4 mile times, and fuel mileage after treating the engine, supercharger, transmission and power steering with our Triboceramic treatments. I'll be posting the results and what I do to the car with time. So far I've kept the car 100% stock and just ran a baseline 1/4 mile time. Ran a 12.6@112mph which I was very happy with Mileage on the hwy has been about 23.2-23.7mpg driving around 70-80mph (I've done several 200+mile trips so far) Averages with city driving have been about 16-17 mpg. Stay tuned!

Hi and welcome! looking forward to hearing about the progress / process and perhaps a little more about the actual product. I did peak on the website. Looks to be an $80 engine treatment for our 5.0 s/c engines as they would require the G8 size.
Your base time slip looks pretty healthy so definitely curious! Time frame for next update?

Old 12-20-2017, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Adam J
Hi and welcome! looking forward to hearing about the progress / process and perhaps a little more about the actual product. I did peak on the website. Looks to be an $80 engine treatment for our 5.0 s/c engines as they would require the G8 size.
Your base time slip looks pretty healthy so definitely curious! Time frame for next update?

Thanks guys!
Yes, our 5.0s would use the G8 product.

Here is a little info on RVS:

What we sell is patented triboceramic nanotechnology engine/transmission/power steering products that can restore worn mechanisms to like new and also provide amazing protection for new engines/mechanisms. These products form a tougher than metal ceramic Nano-coating over metal surfaces which are normally subject to heat and friction. This coating is highly effective at repairing and renewing metal surfaces and uses ‘smart’ heat-seeking properties to ensure it automatically applies itself to the areas where its effects are most required. RVS Technology can be used practically anywhere that there is friction between two metal surfaces and as such has a number of applications across a broad spectrum of industries including automotive, aviation, industrial and marine.

We have been in business in Northern Europe for over 10 years and we have certifications from TUV and Fraunhofer of Germany (our product seems too good to be true to most US customers). To really get the gist of our products, I urge to visit our website at www.rvs-usa.com.

Some Key points in particular:

- Restore a worn engine to like new
-RVS will increase fuel economy
-RVS will increase power
- Coat engine, turbos, superchargers etc. with triboceramic surface that will prolong the life of the components up to 70%
- Smoother and quieter running engine
- One time application (two treatments for engines with over 30k miles) that lasts at least 60k miles!
- Protect engine from loss of oil, cold starts, or in case of overheating.
- Prolong the life of the transmission, power steering pump.

We also have been involved in many different fields in racing and have great results from there ( Finnish Championship Drifting, world championship winning F1 Powerboat, European Time Attack championship with Valtonen Motorsports RX7, FIM World Championship motorcycle side-car racing etc.).

I¨ll give an update on my car below. Let me know if you guys have any questions. My intent was not to really push my products since I am more looking to share my results with my personal car. However if you guys do want to buy some, I just made a coupon code for this forums users called "jagforum". It will give 30% off and free shipping for all products.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:08 PM

So a quick update. Finally was able to dyno the car this morning, well noon really and had some great results. Granted, I was disappointed the dyno operators didn't know how to hook up the RPM signal, so no torque figures unfortunately. The dyno was a Dynojet at Genesis Automotive in Pompano Beach FL.

I got to see a 2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack with extensive mods run right before me to see how the dyno reads. The performance mods that I was told were on that car were long tube headers along with full exhaust, intake, ram air and tune. Could have had something else too but don't know for sure. The car sounded super mean and made 445 rwhp.

So next up was my old Jag. The operators were guessing 390-400 rwhp based on the cars they see on the dyno. We got the car strapped down, had it in dynamic, DTC completely off and sport mode with manual shifting. The first run produced a whopping 454 rwhp! Needless to say everyone was surprised. We ran a second run right behind it, obviously with lower numbers (449) since there was no cool down. The third run we waited a few minutes with the fans and still got a 452. All in all very consistent graphs as you can see. So this car is definitely underrated, or I have a potent car, or it might be modified. I'll for sure be measuring the upper pulley at least to check it's factory.

Here is a video of the last run:

Mileage with about 75% highway use has been right around 20.1 mpg right now. Will be interesting to see what I can get once I start the engine treatments on the car.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar XF Supercharged, before and after RVS thread-20171220_153919.jpg   Jaguar XF Supercharged, before and after RVS thread-20171220_123117.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
stremsjg (12-23-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 03:21 PM
Received 193 Likes on 169 Posts

Nice and flat curves (bit of an oxymoron there but you know what I mean )

Old 12-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Received 125 Likes on 115 Posts

If I am not mistaken, all factory pulleys are steel and aftermarket are aluminum.

So it is real easy to tell if you have a pulley upgrade, stick a magnet to it.

JTatRVSusa (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Welcome to the forum JT.

You'll no doubt be hearing from the forum Admin & owners about some commercial matters, forum sponsorship, etc.

Must be a very happy dyno at that shop, 450rwhp and 12.6 @ 112.5mph definitely do not add up... not to take anything away from the 1/4 mile result, that's actually pretty good! Actually it's bang-on what another stock XF SC ran https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...andings-84783/

Last edited by Cambo; 12-20-2017 at 05:13 PM.
JTatRVSusa (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

thats what I ran was a 12.65 at 114mph and mine is stock..... for now

JTatRVSusa (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 10:03 AM

Yes I did get a message from the Admins, lol. It was not my intention to really push my products per se, since I this is my personal car etc. I actually was a customer for internet brands for several months so I know how the system works (and do not necessarily agree). But since a member asked about the products I gave some info. I'll refrain in the future from pushing our products

Yeah the night I ran was really muggy with over 80 degree temps. Most cars that night were running 3 to 4 tenths slower than usual. So I think there is a tenth or two there to be had at least. I did notice the dyno number was in STD correction, which shows about 2% higher, but still puts the number at around 440rwhp. Regardless, it's more for comparison sake for myself (and it was nice to see the challenger guys' faces).

Old 01-15-2018, 12:52 PM

Hi Guys, a quick update again. So I have done two engine treatments, transmission and power steering treatments on my car and got some hwy mileage tests done after I've now done about 1100 miles. Before I would max out at a steady cruise at about 24-24.5 mpg. I did it while level with the speed around 70-75 mph and reset the trip computer and drove as long as I could to get steady mileage without braking, accelerating etc (kind of hard in S FL traffic). So yesterday was able to get again steady cruising and achieved 28mpg! It went as high as 28.4 but settled at 28. The whole trip (about 150 miles, WPB to Miami and back to WPB) with lots of traffic on Miamis end and waiting at the airport, still averaged 26.2 mpg. So very happy with the results. Looks like about a 4 mpg difference right now on the hwy. I haven't been able to go back to the dyno or 1/4 mile yet, but will do once my schedule frees up. I know some people will probably cry foul that you can manipulate the mileage and all, but since you guys know how the car works, it actually takes about a few minutes after the reset to get a reading so it is more factual than some other cars' trip computers

Old 02-20-2018, 12:07 PM

Allright, another quick update. Was able to hit the track again and had a fun night racing some interesting cars. The Jag ran very well and hurt some feelings I improved to 12.54@113.5 (I ran the same time 2/3 times, and one 12.7 with a bad start) which is what I expected since the RVS treatment should add about 10-15hp and reduce friction and heat. It was a tiny bit warmer than before but maybe a tad less humidity and my tires are definitely more worn out, but had no grip issues. Got to run a 13' model Mustang GT 6-speed with a Boss intake manifold, exhaust intake and tune and gapped him by about 5 cars. He was very surprised to say the least Also ran a stick shift Hellcat and let's just say it was a moral victory since the driver of the Challenger was not that great and I was able to stay with him. Next up is some dyno time to see some hard numbers again.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:55 PM

A quick video of having some fun with the car before getting new rear tires installed. Enjoy!

carzaddict (03-28-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 01:32 PM

Allright! Finally made it back to the same dyno after performing all the treatments to my car. It was obviously a bit warmer now than before but otherwise conditions were pretty similar. I was expecting 7-12 rwhp increase based on the tenth lost at the track and lo and behold thats what it was. The gain from best run vs best run was 7hp. Biggest spread was about 10hp. New lines were a bit more linear as well as closer together with the car actually putting down the best number on the last pull. Very happy with 461 rwhp, on an otherwise stock car. Attached are a few graphs to look at.
Conditions
All three pulls
Max difference
Median pulls
Before pulls again

Old 06-18-2018, 01:13 PM

I figured this might interest you guys! We bought a Honda Civic for the company that we treated and are now running with NO ENGINE OIL. Check it out!