XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

New Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 02:22 PM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default New Parking Sensors

I wanted to post this up.for anyone else who has the dreaded parking not available contact dealer message.

I took the car to the dealer to get diagnosed (and also to do a full inspection since I just bought the car. All good but need rear brakes soon. They got a code fb1b42 or front right parking sensor bad.I will buy a code reader and save myself the cost of the reader for my next repair. lol

Quote for the part, painting it and installing 741.05 OUCH...

Part is part number C2P20587 from numerous online parts suppliers. I checked and the part crosses to the following years:

I Got all 4 front parking sensors from a 2011 XF in a junkyard today. Already painted white like my are YAY for me.

Price- 60 including shipping.

The sensors from the wreck are labeled FoMoCo AH42-15K85, makes sens(ors) haha see what I did there?

That FoMoCo number ties to these brands: Aston Martin,Ford,Jaguar,Land Rover
(again makes sens) lol

For these Models Ford Fiesta Focus Mondeo Kuga Galaxy Not sure about the Aston or LR models, maybe all of them?

Ford part number is 15K859 Ford parts look up Focus 2013 Parking Sensor and sells for 94.92 at msrp Jaguar is 135.75 MSRP.

A quick look online shows the ford part available for 20-75 dollars as well as 10.80 from Aliexpress.ALiexpress parking Sensor It looks identical

(with 60 day delivery of course ) I have bought plenty of stuff form Ali in the past for industrial purposes and have gotten good products, some absolutely the genuine article. . The units from Ali have the FoMoCo stamp right on them by th elooks of th epicture (not always to be trusted) If you want to take a chance on these ( I often found that these are the same parts shipped to the car manufacturers and are just one of the ways the factories there make a few extra $$.

I will double check this after pulling mine. I may go to a Ford dealer with my part to check. Online the pictures look a little different but it may be just the finishing piece on the jaguar that accounts for that. difference compared to the Ford listed part. I won;t know till I pull mine and maybe take it apart.

Hope this is helpful and saves someone some $$

The following users liked this post:
Paul Fisher (03-23-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for this - my car's throwing fault codes for 3 of the 4 front parking sensors, so at some point I'll get round to following in your footsteps!

Old 03-23-2019, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Parking Sensors

I am fitting my reverse parking sensors at the moment.

Does anyone know of a hole/grommet in the floorpan where I can take the sensor wires from the rear bumper to the boot and to the reverse parking light wire loom.

Regards,

Old 03-24-2019, 08:40 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jssaab
I wanted to post this up.for anyone else who has the dreaded parking not available contact dealer message.

I took the car to the dealer to get diagnosed (and also to do a full inspection since I just bought the car. All good but need rear brakes soon. They got a code fb1b42 or front right parking sensor bad.I will buy a code reader and save myself the cost of the reader for my next repair. lol

Quote for the part, painting it and installing 741.05 OUCH...

Part is part number C2P20587 from numerous online parts suppliers. I checked and the part crosses to the following years:

I Got all 4 front parking sensors from a 2011 XF in a junkyard today. Already painted white like my are YAY for me.

Price- 60 including shipping.

The sensors from the wreck are labeled FoMoCo AH42-15K85, makes sens(ors) haha see what I did there?

That FoMoCo number ties to these brands: Aston Martin,Ford,Jaguar,Land Rover
(again makes sens) lol

For these Models Ford Fiesta Focus Mondeo Kuga Galaxy Not sure about the Aston or LR models, maybe all of them?

Ford part number is 15K859 Ford parts look up Focus 2013 Parking Sensor and sells for 94.92 at msrp Jaguar is 135.75 MSRP.

A quick look online shows the ford part available for 20-75 dollars as well as 10.80 from Aliexpress.ALiexpress parking Sensor It looks identical

(with 60 day delivery of course ) I have bought plenty of stuff form Ali in the past for industrial purposes and have gotten good products, some absolutely the genuine article. . The units from Ali have the FoMoCo stamp right on them by th elooks of th epicture (not always to be trusted) If you want to take a chance on these ( I often found that these are the same parts shipped to the car manufacturers and are just one of the ways the factories there make a few extra $$.

I will double check this after pulling mine. I may go to a Ford dealer with my part to check. Online the pictures look a little different but it may be just the finishing piece on the jaguar that accounts for that. difference compared to the Ford listed part. I won;t know till I pull mine and maybe take it apart.

Hope this is helpful and saves someone some $$
Hi Jssaab,

I have tried the Ali.... direction and after changing out all my sensors with the matched units (One would error, I would switch then the next error all the way down the line till all were changed), I stopped getting the sensor errors but they seem to be extremely sensitive with the slightest bit of dirt or obstacle 20 feet away activating them... drove me nuts on my 2010 so I ended up just matching up the ford units on Ebay. Let us know how it goes, thanks.

Kevin