XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

"R" Performance Driving School!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sandydlc
I will definitely check my seat position when I drive home this afternoon. I'm short (5'3") but I have longer legs so I think I probably do sit back further than I should be.

Re lap times - I'm super competitive and so is my husband so it's a little scary to think about which of us might come out ahead!!

Thanks so much for the great information!! I'm sure if anyone was wavering on whether or not to attend, your information and encouragement is bound to push them over the edge. I can't wait for them to release the 2012 dates!!

Sandy
I think the Nov. 9 date, btw, is for the Advanced Class. You can only take the Advanced Class after taking the regular class, and of course, there is fee for the Advanced Class.

While you're adjusting your seating position, consider the SAE method of adjusting your mirrors to cover blind spots, too. It's not part of the R Academy course but something I've found really works well and increases safety.

How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver

Last edited by Need4Spd; 11-10-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CP1
Go to the website. Call them. They will call back. Ask for PIN. They may ask for S/N. They will give you PIN. End of story.
Agreed. I bought my XKR new from the dealer but never received my PIN until I called the performance academy myself. I just gave them my VIN and I now have my PIN.

Good luck!!

Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sandydlc
Agreed. I bought my XKR new from the dealer but never received my PIN until I called the performance academy myself. I just gave them my VIN and I now have my PIN.

Good luck!!
Great advice - thanks to both of you. i will give it a whirl in the next few days. Fingers crossed!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:32 PM

New dates are now out for Vegas in March. I am all set for the 23rd March!

Old 01-17-2012, 09:39 PM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I heard that there may be a JPA in Dallas in 2012. Decision not made yet but soon.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:46 AM

They never mentioned that on the phone - but I want to get this done sooner rather than later anyway. If they make the decision soon, I can probably swap!

Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I took a good look at their web site and this is important information for those of us that did not purchase a new unit. It costs 1850U$ to attend
as a pay to play member. Sounds reasonable considering they give you the car so that you don't have to grind your baby on the track. I will attend the next Homestead for sure. I have never been on a race track with a big car like the XF although I do track on my BMW S1000RR which probably makes car driving a walk in the park.

Q:What if I’m a Pay to Play or an Advanced Course consumer and I can't attend? A:If your schedule changes, please contact the Jaguar Concierge immediately at (866) 513-7200 so that we can assist you. This policy applies to Pay to Play consumers ($1,850.00) and Advanced Course consumers ($2,495.00). A cancellation 15 days or more prior to your scheduled event day is subject to a $100.00 non refundable fee. Cancellations 14 days or less prior to your driving event day are subject to a $250.00 non refundable fee. There is no charge for changing location or days. Q:Can I drive my own car? A:Jaguar will provide XKR and XFR models at the track. These vehicles will be maintained by Jaguar personnel to meet safety requirements of the program. Insurance regulations do not allow personal vehicles to be used.
If your schedule changes, please contact the Jaguar Concierge immediately at (866) 513-7200 so that we can assist you. This policy applies to Pay to Play consumers ($1,850.00) and Advanced Course consumers ($2,495.00). A cancellation 15 days or more prior to your scheduled event day is subject to a $100.00 non refundable fee. Cancellations 14 days or less prior to your driving event day are subject to a $250.00 non refundable fee. There is no charge for changing location or days.

Last edited by Rique; 01-22-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like the next one is at Las Vegas. Is this correct? Nothing in Miami this year?

Old 02-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I talked with them last week and they are coming to texas motor speedway may 9th-12th.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Figured i'd ask. None of the "R" schools are near me, so not sure if i'll be going to one of them. BUT, interested in one of those "R" jackets! Anyone want that goes and wants to sell it please let me know. Thanks! I'm sure you can't buy them. Well for $1200 you could..

Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM

You get an R polo shirt and a baseball cap, but not a jacket!

If the day is free with your car purchase, I would say it is well worth stumping up the cash to fly to one of the locations. If you are local to one of the days, it is worth paying $1500 for it too, in my view. I really can't stress enough how great a day out it is!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I just took the class at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It was fun. It was certainly worth my time and even though I've been to dozens of race schools like this I still learned a bunch. That said I have some advice for those who are considering attending.

Register for the earliest date you can get. They spend 7-9 days at each location and I went on the 7th day - some of the guys were pretty burned out and didn't appear to want to be there. Also some of the cars had been pretty used up and we had trouble in the Las Vegas heat with cars overheating. They'd been flogged 8 hours a day for six days in the heat so that's no surprise.

Try to pair yourself with the right instructor. They all have different styles. They were all good guys (well maybe all but one) but I learned TONS more from Wes and Mike than I did the rest - I didn't get any in car time with Davey Jones but I'm sure I would have learned from him too.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:05 PM

Hard to argue with your assessment of the instructors. Wes and Mike were very good indeed. They are all great drivers, some are better teachers than others though. I didn't have a problem with any of them but did develop my own preferences pretty much in line with yours. I went on the last day and they all seemed up for it, to be fair. The cars all seemed fine too, but this was late Spring in Dallas.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by darlo
You get an R polo shirt and a baseball cap, but not a jacket!

If the day is free with your car purchase, I would say it is well worth stumping up the cash to fly to one of the locations. If you are local to one of the days, it is worth paying $1500 for it too, in my view. I really can't stress enough how great a day out it is!
Just bought an XKR 09' Portfolio. No free school. Seems like nothing in the NE, makes sense since its getting colder. Saw the jacket in th video about the school. Worn by instructors and students. Maybe they give you one in th advance school. M school gave us nice jackets in both so I figured I'd ask.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Bourne
I just took the class at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It was fun. It was certainly worth my time and even though I've been to dozens of race schools like this I still learned a bunch. That said I have some advice for those who are considering attending.

Register for the earliest date you can get. They spend 7-9 days at each location and I went on the 7th day - some of the guys were pretty burned out and didn't appear to want to be there. Also some of the cars had been pretty used up and we had trouble in the Las Vegas heat with cars overheating. They'd been flogged 8 hours a day for six days in the heat so that's no surprise.

Try to pair yourself with the right instructor. They all have different styles. They were all good guys (well maybe all but one) but I learned TONS more from Wes and Mike than I did the rest - I didn't get any in car time with Davey Jones but I'm sure I would have learned from him too.
Scott,
I too was at the Las Vegas event. Maybe we met? (my track day was Friday). I did meet a fellow jaguarforums.com member (Octurbo). I rode with Davy Jones on the motocross course - he's a fantastic instructor!!! Most of my time was spent with Wes and Mark who are also very good.

Mike

Old 02-27-2013, 05:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any one use this latest model 2013 Jaguar XF , it's awesome looks nice .

The 2013 XF is a 4-door, 5-passenger luxury sedan, available in 5 trims, ranging from the XF 2.0L I4T to the XFR.

Driving school