XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service

Tooky my XF in for the sunroof rattling (sounds like the glass is rattling), and the tech lubed the area, did not resolve the issue. I have a far commute and cannot keep brining my car to the dealership for this issue, this is my third time. Any advice would be so helpful. Thanks

Old 11-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My guess would be the seal needs to be replaced and or the mechanism tightened (bracket). Lubing does wonders but that won't fix a sunroof rattle. From our friendly Volvo owners (ref the bracket I mentioned earlier).

"Sunroof Lowered or Loose: When you looked at the top of your roof, the sunroof should be somewhat leveled to the roof, mine wasn't. There are 2 torxes screws on each SIDE of your sunroof that hold the glass in place. You won't see it until you remove the shield from it. When looking at it, you will see the folded shield, they are held in place by 3 clips (you can't see them) against the glass at 2 both ends and 1in the middle. Use what ever you can to pull the very top out from the clip locations (I used my fingers, but you can use a hair tweezer or something like that). You only need to pull out the top part against the glass and not the whole thing. Then you can fold that piece toward you and you will see the screws. It's easier if you lift up (open up)your sunroof to remove this shield. But you have to close it to tighten the screws since that's the only way you can tell if it's level or not. It would help if you have someone standing outside telling you the level (I had to get in and out of the car many times to eye it). Afterward, just push the shield back into place."

I really think the bracket assembly needs to be replaced.

The following users liked this post:
dannygjatt (11-16-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if it's the actual seal now or the clips. Last night I was driving home and it sounded like loud rattling glass, like nothing is even holding the roof in place. I am to retrun to the dealer and go on a test drive with the service advisor to show exactly where the rattles are coming from.