XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

USA 10+ XFR & S/C owners chime in please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Question USA 10+ XFR & S/C owners chime in please.

Now that I upgraded to an 2010 XFR I want to get data compiled from the 2010 and up Supercharged and R owners inside the USA. This thread will help all the others in the future and answer most of their questions and should stop so many new threads on the same topic. Here is a list of questions and things I come to find on my searches. Please add to this as you see fit.

What type of pulley did you buy,how much,size,and the results?
I see Mina offers the 2.5 pulley that claims 17-21 WHP.$320
I also see ECUTG has a 1.5 that claims 25BHP,$300

ECU Tuning,How much, Results?
We know ECU Tuning Group claims,565hp & 525+lbs tq ,$1695!
Veizu claims 40BHP,$XXX (Avail in USA?)
Paramount, 30BHP ,$XXX (Avail in USA?)
Eurotoys, 33BHP, $1195 (Avail in USA?)

5.0 Supercharged Exhaust or modded OEM? What type of exhaust did you buy,how much,size,and the results?
Spires, $XXX (Avail in USA?)
Quicksilver, $XXX (Avail in USA?)
Paramount, $XXX (Avail in USA?)
RSC, $XXX (Avail in USA?)

My thoughts were to speak with ECUTG for the tune( claims are good and claim UNDETECTABLE by dealer), then use the Mina pulley as it has 1.0 lbs more boost(Smaller) and then see if the Mina Exhaust would fit if minor mods would need to be done. The Mina cost, look,sound is great and the price tag is even better. So for a total roughly of $3K I would gusee an average 6010BHP is reachable with all of this. And the reliablility should be good as well.
The only other thing I would consider is some enhanced cooling like the Chiller or this since it also is a simple mod. Killer Chiller the Active Intercooler solution for OEM and after maket intercooler systems. Or a Aquamist/Meth injection kit would help out big in the hotter climates as well. Please discuss.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in the process of buying a 2010 XFR now, so this list is interesting to me. I've been doing a lot of research, and it seems like the list of off-the-shelf mods is pretty short.

I'll definitely be getting a 2.5 lb (I'd swear that I saw a 3 lb pulley somewhere) and an exhaust. The off the shelf catback exhaust systems seem a little sedate for my taste and cost a lot more than I think they should. I light of that I'll probably work with a local shop to put something custom together. Ideally, I'd like to open up the cats in that process too.

The biggest issue I expect to encounter is finding a decent tuner. I'm in Denver, and I can't seem to find anyone who has ever tuned a Jaguar. I'm a little leery of getting a mail order tune because of the elevation.

I'm also interested in finding out more about getting the supercharger blueprinted. I've seen some mixed reviews on these forums of Stiegemeier's blueprinting, but I think that the process is sound.

Anyway, those are my thoughts so far.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 PM
vs2
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

--

Last edited by vs2; 04-19-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:12 PM
vs2
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can someone post a dyno sheet for a stock XFR.

I have rear mufflers, Viezu tune and pulley done and will post my dyno result/ graph up in a couple of weeks.

Viezu have stated that because the engines are hand built(?) they have seen 470-520hp on the stock XFR's so without doing a pre-mod dyno you will never really know.

My tuner seems to think that a lot of the tuning is done around the torque limiters and you may not feel much increase on acceleration and high revs/top end. Also that a smaller pulley (3 lb+) may do more harm than good.

I guess the proof will be in the dyno result. I just wish I had done a stock run 1st.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 156 Posts

You should worry about the dealer noticing the pulley. I'd imagine that is the easiest thing for them to spot. I know those that sell the pulleys say it looks like a stock pulley but I'd bet a mechanic that's been around the XFR/XFSC could spot the difference. All they have to do is measure it if it looks smaller than stock. The engine warranty would be gone then.

Take all those HP numbers with a grain of salt. Don't believe them until you see dyno proof.

If you do swap pulleys you will want to watch the intake air temps. A smaller pulley could push the supercharger out of the efficiency range and generate more heat (detonation). On hot days you could have major issues. Cooling upgrades may be needed at the same time.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Well, a lil birdie told me that Mina Gallery has now made and exhaust for the XFR. It should start shipping in 2 weeks from now. I think Mina's exhaust are made very well but I am not sure they will give me the sound I am looking for.

My plan is to have my buddy dyno my car totally stock, then I will add the Mina 2.5 pulley and hopefully the ECUTG tune. Lasly I will add the Mina Exhaust.
I would love to delete the resonators and add the X- Pipe but on my 09 S/C it made it sound like there was penny's stuck in my muffler(Raspy). Sounded horrid!!
I always had great results on every car I owned by adding the X-pipe with resonator delete. My AMG sounded soooo good with it. All the exhaust I see offered for the XFR seem to just use a pair of simple bullet mufflers?
I am only hesitant to get the ECUTG tune as $2K for a tune in a box seems way to steep. And When I sell the car in a year there is $2k out the window. Other mods can be removed and sold but a tune is married to the VIN.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
Well, a lil birdie told me that Mina Gallery has now made and exhaust for the XFR. It should start shipping in 2 weeks from now. I think Mina's exhaust are made very well but I am not sure they will give me the sound I am looking for.

My plan is to have my buddy dyno my car totally stock, then I will add the Mina 2.5 pulley and hopefully the ECUTG tune. Lasly I will add the Mina Exhaust.
I would love to delete the resonators and add the X- Pipe but on my 09 S/C it made it sound like there was penny's stuck in my muffler(Raspy). Sounded horrid!!
I always had great results on every car I owned by adding the X-pipe with resonator delete. My AMG sounded soooo good with it. All the exhaust I see offered for the XFR seem to just use a pair of simple bullet mufflers?
I am only hesitant to get the ECUTG tune as $2K for a tune in a box seems way to steep. And When I sell the car in a year there is $2k out the window. Other mods can be removed and sold but a tune is married to the VIN.
The exhausts for the XF are ridiculous. The pricing is absurd. The exhausts, as you mentioned, are just the rear sections. What does that cost a company to make? $200-300 max? You could pick up some mufflers and pay a shop to put them in and have the same/better result for much cheaper. Piping size doesn't change so all you can hope for is a sound change. Magnaflow said they'd build a full exhaust for our cars if people emailed them showing they were looking for one. They need to know that there is a demand before they invest in a kit.

I'd have to see a lot of dyno proof and maybe even a money back guarantee before I plopped $2k down on a tune.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 04-20-2012 at 07:13 AM.