XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF 2013 - after changing the battery: no closing the car with keyless to the remote c

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 10:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default XF 2013 - after changing the battery: no closing the car with keyless to the remote c

Hallo Forum!

I need some help... writing from Austria (EU) on the border to Germany. So sorry for some spelling mistakes :-)

I am really desperate with my XF 3.0 D Sportbrake: after changing the big battery (Eco Start/Stop wasn´t in function - so tested by a battery dealer and the battery had to be changed - only 500A) - after changing the central locking system doesn't works any more.
Either with the keyless, the remote control or the buttons on the door handle. If i manually close from inside it will open with keyless but not close. Always the double "piep" sounds as a door is not closed.

Jaguar says there is a Bulletin from Spring 2019 that with this problem i have to change the AJB & CJB Control Module!!!

They know about this "problem" and that it is not allowed to uncouple the battery - so when it will be changed it has to be bridget with electricity!
WHICH JAGUAR DRIVER KNOWS THIS?

My question: i cannot believe that its not possible to reset the control modules and overwrite them with a new software?
I don't think and I can not belive that the hardware ist gone??

Can anybody help? is there a Software Update What Control Modules are the AJB & CJB? What function do they have?

They want about 3000€ for this action!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Dragan

Old 11-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

The same thing happened to me when I replaced my battery. I accidentally left the rear passenger door open during the replacement. I was also getting the double beep. I made sure all the doors were closed and disconnected the battery for about 30 minutes. I also pressed the ignition switch during those 30 minutes, to make sure there’s no power being stored in the system or something. Reconnected the battery, everything worked like new again.

Old 11-21-2019, 06:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRemorse74
Hallo Forum!

I need some help... writing from Austria (EU) on the border to Germany. So sorry for some spelling mistakes :-)

I am really desperate with my XF 3.0 D Sportbrake: after changing the big battery (Eco Start/Stop wasn´t in function - so tested by a battery dealer and the battery had to be changed - only 500A) - after changing the central locking system doesn't works any more.
Either with the keyless, the remote control or the buttons on the door handle. If i manually close from inside it will open with keyless but not close. Always the double "piep" sounds as a door is not closed.

Jaguar says there is a Bulletin from Spring 2019 that with this problem i have to change the AJB & CJB Control Module!!!

They know about this "problem" and that it is not allowed to uncouple the battery - so when it will be changed it has to be bridget with electricity!
WHICH JAGUAR DRIVER KNOWS THIS?

My question: i cannot believe that its not possible to reset the control modules and overwrite them with a new software?
I don't think and I can not belive that the hardware ist gone??

Can anybody help? is there a Software Update What Control Modules are the AJB & CJB? What function do they have?

They want about 3000€ for this action!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Dragan
i have this exact problem. Do you have a reference to the mentioned bulletin?

Old 11-22-2019, 12:02 AM
Old 11-22-2019, 12:04 AM

its in german but you will find the bulletin number.... i try later the 30min tip from @Swilmer52 !!

tell later...

its unbelievable after changing the battery to buy 2 new models...

later!

Old 11-22-2019, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by NoRemorse74
its in german but you will find the bulletin number.... i try later the 30min tip from @Swilmer52 !!

tell later...

its unbelievable after changing the battery to buy 2 new models...

later!
Thank you. I couldn’t read it because of the language and I could not find the bulletin number online, but I am very happy to report that I just got mine fixed tonight after a couple of weeks of working on it. I did not need to replace any modules but had to run through two reset procedures with the SDD software which is what the dealer uses. The two routines I had to execute to get it to work are both routines under the service function menu
1. battery replace procedure
2. Immobilization procedure.

I was able to get the necessary cable to connect laptop to car off of eBay for $80 and was also able to get a version of the SDD software off of eBay that was easier to get going than what you can download on the internet for free. It was $10. So for $80 I e
was able to get it working.

The following 3 users liked this post by Jchart:
edensspeedshopllc (12-23-2022), Reaxions (01-17-2023), WhiteCat driver (09-22-2022)
Old 11-22-2019, 03:42 AM

GREAT Infos!!

where can im download the software?
or a link to buy it?

both if possible...

THANKS!!

Old 11-22-2019, 09:09 AM

Here is the link for the cable that I bought:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272289422891

it does also come with the SDD software but it is an older version. You. I’m sure you can get it to work but you will need a laptop that runs windows xp. To make it easier, I also bought the SDD software from here:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283494044897

it is a much more recent version of the software and most importantly for me he had an option to download a VMware image which had everything configured including an appropriate operating system (Windows 7 32 bit). Then you can just download and install VMware which is free for personal use and point it at the file that you download from this seller. When you do that it essentially runs a new OS in a window that has SDD installed and configured. One note on this is that when I used VMware it was a little unstable and crashed a few times. I’m pretty sure that was due to my laptop being under powered. I ended up using different VM software, Oracle VirtualBox. It is also free to use for personal use. There was one extra step to use the VMware image in VirtualBox but you can google that and get instructions. When I got it running in a Virtual Box it was much more stable on my laptop and never crashed again.

i will admit, that this was not the easiest thing I ever did but if you are patient you can get through it. It was certainly ether than paying for the dealer to just start replacing things because they have no idea how to fix it.

if you decide to take this up, I can help you if you get stuck.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jchart:
edensspeedshopllc (12-23-2022), Reaxions (01-17-2023)
Old 11-22-2019, 09:39 AM

Thx @Jchart - PM for you!

Old 11-26-2019, 06:21 AM

Hallo Forum, hallo @Jchart !!

If DONE it!! And its exactly how you write it... Bought the software V157, run thou the

1. battery replace procedure
2. Immobilization procedure.

Everything is fine again and works!!

SO MUCH THANK TO YOU ALL AND ESPECIALLY @Jchart !!

​​​​​​​Now I'm gonna call the Jaguar Garage soho wanted over 3000€ for changing the 2 modules!! That will not be a fine call!! :-(((

The following 2 users liked this post by NoRemorse74:
Reaxions (01-17-2023), WhiteCat driver (09-22-2022)
Old 11-26-2019, 11:33 AM

Awesome! I’m so glad it worked for you. I would love to listen into the call when you call the dealer😃

Old 09-13-2022, 03:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central locking not work after battery change

Hello, maybe someone has actual link where I can buy cable and software to repair problems after battery changing. My famous GSM module get stuck so I tried to unplug battery to unstuck it - not helped - now I had to buy new GSM module, I changed battery for new and still central locking not working. That car is making me crazy.
Thanks for help