XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF N/A Hey pipe or X pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XF N/A H pipe or X pipe

Good day gents, looking for some opinions, I see a lot of guys removing the "mid resonators " (which has an H pipe close after, which is also removed) and putting in an X pipe...My opinion is that Jaguar has an H pipe there for a reason, not an X, obviously for the low rpm torque delivery, again this is on N/A 5.0 models.....I am looking at removing the first resonator (right after the cats) as well as the mid resonators, keeping the H and just keeping the rear mufflers (with the exhaust tips attached) . Thoughts? Anyone else have this set up?

Last edited by Northern XF; 07-24-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

I installed a X pipe in my N/A when I had it. The sound improvement was nice, but performance wise, it was disappointing. Sometimes the cylinder firing order would be just right at launch and it would take off...other times, I would mash the pedal from a stop and it had no punch whatsoever.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:53 AM

Interesting, did you remove the resonator closest to the front as well? (It's like a "duel in duel out" little resonator. )

Old 07-28-2017, 09:29 PM
Veteran Member

From the cats...into x pipe., then straight pipe to rear boxes

Old 07-28-2017, 09:42 PM

I see, how do you like the supercharged 3.0 ? Faster than the N/A 5.0? Like maybe running low 13s in the quarter with your tune? I seen a beautiful F-type today, went ripping by me, I could tell it wasn't a v8, it was the S model, but it sounded amazing.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member

The V8 Ftypes have four rear exhaust ...the V6 have two right in the middle.

I like the fact that I can mod the S/C. Have the tune, but honestly you REALLY need to get the lower crank pulley to realize the benefits. I am waiting for VAP to put the lower crank pulley on sale again. But yes, being able to tune the S/C is much more fun !!! My 3.0 is now faster than my N/A was, but only because of the tune. The N/A had more torque down low but the S/C matches it in the middle of the torque curve and now with the tune, it theoretically has more, but like I said...you need to have the lower pulley to realize the full benefits of the tune.

I plan on installing a NOS setup after the lower pulley, but I will have to get with techs at VAP to see if I should go with dry vs. wet and for them to possibly re-tune the file for my set-up.

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 07-29-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:01 AM

Nice, and yea you really need the pulley for real improvement, I looked into having my N/A 5.0 tuned, not much they can do tho, with my k'n filters, and a modded exhaust, they (NV Euro Motor works) can only get maybe 30 hp out of it, that's at the rear wheels on a dyno of course, which I do plan on doing, just to see how fast I can get this old Jagg, I already mop the floor against fully tuned Hemi cars with headers , Diablotuners this that and whatever! I beat a 2014 Chrysler 300 (5.7 hemi) fully modded making like 380 hp at the rear wheel, probably 50 more than my stock jag, I beat him twice in the quarter, just pulled away once I hit 3rd gear, the video is on YouTube Chrysler 300 s vs. Jaguar xf 5.0
At Picton Arm drop Event.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:03 AM

Ohhhhhhh and I don't know if I would go nos, unless you like rebuilding your motor...just put a nasty pulley on it!....guess a 50 or 75 shot would be ok...