XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

12 XJ valet default?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:56 PM
Received 173 Likes on 130 Posts
Default 12 XJ valet default?

Does anyone know what the default code is for the valet mode for the 2012 XJ?

I reset mine to the factory default with the BD V130 tool, but can't find what that default is in my manual or anywhere.
If this BD V130 SDD tool Would let me set it to what we want that would be good, but it only goes to default.

On the bright side, it did let me program a brand new key, and erase the other keys that didn't come with the car when we bought it.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:58 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

That's interesting. Is there such a thing as a default code?

On my car valet mode functions by asking me to input a code when I choose valet mode and then I use that same code to later cancel the valet mode. So in this case, unless I forget what code I initially set, there is no default code.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by RoonieQ
..., there is no default code.
So it's a new code each time we set it?
I didn't consider that. That would explain why I can't find anything about it.
I could only find direction to have the dealer reset, which I did with my SDD.
I'll give that a try.
Thank you for the explanation!

Old 06-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 12jagmark
So it's a new code each time we set it?
YW. And yes, that's it exactly. You choose a code each time you use it.

The following users liked this post:
12jagmark (06-17-2015)
Old 06-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Chinese???

I reset mine to the factory default with the BD V130 tool, but can't find what that default is in my manual or anywhere.
If this BD V130 SDD tool Would let me set it to what we want that would be good, but it only goes to default.

On the bright side, it did let me program a brand new key, and erase the other keys that didn't come with the car when we bought it.
Why is this stuff so difficult? Are the instructions first written in Chinese and then translated into English -- British, American, Australian or Brooklyn; what's the difference!

Old 06-17-2015, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by KingFala
Why is this stuff so difficult? Are the instructions first written in Chinese and then translated into English -- British, American, Australian or Brooklyn; what's the difference!
I apologize for taking too much of your time, king.
I'm not quite as sharp as many of you, who get it right the first time on understanding everything.
When I bought the car, the dealer mentioned that they needed to reset the valet code. From previous experience with passwords and codes in general, I was expecting that there was a factory default, including some car security systems I've had.

I appreciate your helpful input for a stupid question. Unfortunately it wasn't my first, and I'm afraid I can't claim that it'll be my last.
But I'll try.
Again, thanks for your help king, and I humbly apologize for the time you spent responding.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Rhetorical Question

I apologize for taking too much of your time, king.
I'm not quite as sharp as many of you, who get it right the first time on understanding everything.
When I bought the car, the dealer mentioned that they needed to reset the valet code. From previous experience with passwords and codes in general, I was expecting that there was a factory default, including some car security systems I've had.

I appreciate your helpful input for a stupid question. Unfortunately it wasn't my first, and I'm afraid I can't claim that it'll be my last.
But I'll try.
Again, thanks for your help king, and I humbly apologize for the time you spent responding.

It was meant to be a "rhetorical question", and in no sense demeaning to the question. That's why I don't make money as a stand-up comedian -- generally I'm not funny.

My point, badly made, was why are the directions or instructions often obtuse? Back in ancient times, when I was in charge of some mundane matters, we would write procedures and then test them out with some of the actual users to assure that they would accurately and easily help in understanding the objective.

Sorry if I sounded like a bore.

King Fala (Lou)

Old 06-18-2015, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,136 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Originally Posted by KingFala
KingFala,

The difference between English in America and everywhere else is that here in America we drive on the parkway and park on the driveway.

If we can't beat them, we'll confuse the hell out of them until they surrender.

Stuart

Last edited by Stuart S; 06-18-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Location: Mooresville, NC (Race City USA), home of most NASCAR teams.
Received 480 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
KingFala,

The difference between English in America and everywhere else is that here in America we drive on the parkway and park on the driveway.

If we can't beat them, we'll confuse the hell out of them until they surrender.

Stuart
That's called psychological warfare. No need to have a defense budget eight times larger than the Russians, to have over 2.5 times their manpower, 4 times their aircraft, nor to have ten aircraft carriers, more than the rest of the world put together, the important thing is to confuse the hell out of them.

Old 02-23-2019, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, which program will reset the valet mide pin?

Old 02-23-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Piotr Bajura
Hello, which program will reset the valet mide pin?
JLR SSD ?

Old 02-25-2019, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,216 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Are you sure you need to reset it?
Reading above it looks like it's one time use code only and then you enter a different code each time you use it.
Maybe your car is locked in Valet mode now?

Old 02-25-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Are you sure you need to reset it?
Reading above it looks like it's one time use code only and then you enter a different code each time you use it.
Maybe your car is locked in Valet mode now?
The car asked me about the pin. I entered twice 1234. Valet mode was turned on. Now when I want to unblock I enter 1234. I am giving an invalid pin message. I got to the boot through the rear speakers, disconnected the battery for the whole night and nothing. Valet Mode is active.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,136 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Originally Posted by bajura
... I got to the boot through the rear speakers, disconnected the battery for the whole night and nothing. Valet Mode is active.
Disconnecting the battery does nothing. You need to do a RESET by holding the positive and negative connectors together for at least 10 seconds to discharge the capacitors. See Brutal's Post #3 in this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...d-reset-98194/

Let us know if this worked.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Disconnecting the battery does nothing. You need to do a RESET by holding the positive and negative connectors together for at least 10 seconds to discharge the capacitors. See Brutal's Post #3 in this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...d-reset-98194/

Let us know if this worked.
I did it. But valet mode od still active. Does anyone know how to unlock this using the JLR SSD?

Old 02-27-2019, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by bajura
I did it. But valet mode od still active. Does anyone know how to unlock this using the JLR SSD?
I bought a magnoose cable. I installed JLR SDD. I disabled the valet mode. Thanks for the suggestions. See You, Until next puzzle