XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

A/C Compressor noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 01:52 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default A/C Compressor noise

Hi you all,
yesterday my A/C compressor started to make noise, it did it in the past but from inside it was a very low volume level... now I cannot stand it anymore.
Please can you suggest an online parts shop and a correct link to buy a new one?
Thanks a lot.

Here the noise:

Sandro

Old 05-30-2018, 03:17 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have exactly the same noise, but more silent. My level of liquid was -120ml ( full is 700ml ), so I had it serviced and refilled with a new liquid.
The cold air blowing became much better and cooler, but the noise did not change. I was told that it is normal, but I really doubt it.
I guess I need to take it to the official dealership to check, but I assume the repair might be very expensive. Let me know if you find anything ( if I do I will also let you know ).

Old 05-30-2018, 03:34 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lolshto
I have exactly the same noise, but more silent. My level of liquid was -120ml ( full is 700ml ), so I had it serviced and refilled with a new liquid.
The cold air blowing became much better and cooler, but the noise did not change. I was told that it is normal, but I really doubt it.
I guess I need to take it to the official dealership to check, but I assume the repair might be very expensive. Let me know if you find anything ( if I do I will also let you know ).
Hi bro,
I went to the dealer repair shop and they said me that I have to change the belt tensioner and the A/C compressor.
I also try to put 750ml cooling liquid to give high pressure but nothing changes.
The price for the repair is very high (more than 2K€) so I contact my local garage friend (multi brand garage) and he can do the repair outside Jag official net.
He tells me to find an A/C compressor (not OEM) on the web because ha can only buy from Jag because he has to give me warranty on repair parts, but if I give him the part he can mount it without warranty.
So I ask again to all you, can please identify a link to a NOT OEM A/C compressor I can buy on the web?

Thanks a lot.
Sandro

Old 05-30-2018, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Sandro Felisio
Hi bro,
I went to the dealer repair shop and they said me that I have to change the belt tensioner and the A/C compressor.
I also try to put 750ml cooling liquid to give high pressure but nothing changes.
The price for the repair is very high (more than 2K€) so I contact my local garage friend (multi brand garage) and he can do the repair outside Jag official net.
He tells me to find an A/C compressor (not OEM) on the web because ha can only buy from Jag because he has to give me warranty on repair parts, but if I give him the part he can mount it without warranty.
So I ask again to all you, can please identify a link to a NOT OEM A/C compressor I can buy on the web?

Thanks a lot.
Sandro
I try to search for a used parts on Ebay or in Lithuania ( I had my sunroof along with other thing replaced there ), because they have a lot of broken cars to sell the spare parts.
You can check here - autoplius.lt
Try to talk to the sellers, they might be able to assist you.
You can also try googling by this part number - C2Z4345

Last edited by lolshto; 05-30-2018 at 03:54 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sandro Felisio
Hi bro,

Thanks a lot.
Sandro
O solved the problem by replacing the AC compressor. That was the only way. It was driving me nuts.
I bought the AC compressor from the service garage ( brand name Nissens ) for 380 euro and the repair took about 5 hours ( 100 euro ).

Old 08-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Check for failed engine mounts. When they fail they start transmitting alot of engine noise especially ac compressor noise. With the hood open and your foot on the brake in drive, give a little gas. The engine should stay failry level. If it comes up alot the mount is broken on the drivers side. Change both sides

Old 08-16-2018, 08:55 PM
Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts

+ 1 - Check engine mounts as Brutal said, but looking at the video, looks like you have the 3.0L TDV6. I have seen several here in NZ do the same, and all on 3.0L diesel. Sorry cant help with you aftermarket compressor, but labour will get you because its easily accessible, specially on the diesel.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 413 Posts

Are you sure of the compressor name or could it be Nippon Denso as they are a big AC compressor manufacturer that supplies a lot of OEM components?

Last edited by XJsss; 08-17-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:39 AM

I had exactly the same noise and it was a compressor unit. I replaced it with OEM ( Nissens ) and now it's perfect and silent.
According to the video the noise is the same, so I assume ( 99% ) replacing the compressor would do the job.

Old 09-02-2018, 05:36 AM
Received 170 Likes on 140 Posts

I have exactly the same noise on mine, in the UK , my car is the 3.0 diesel as well

Old 09-03-2018, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by roviw
I have exactly the same noise on mine, in the UK , my car is the 3.0 diesel as well
You have to replace the AC compressor unit. Another option is to repair it ( the noise comes from the ball bearing ), but the repair would cost you about the same price as the new OEM compressor, so it doesn't make sense.
I ended up replacing mine, because that noise was driving me nuts.
It's now gone and I am very happy I got rid of it.

The following users liked this post:
roviw (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Received 170 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by lolshto
You have to replace the AC compressor unit. Another option is to repair it ( the noise comes from the ball bearing ), but the repair would cost you about the same price as the new OEM compressor, so it doesn't make sense.
I ended up replacing mine, because that noise was driving me nuts.
It's now gone and I am very happy I got rid of it.
Thank you very much, I will look into the replacement then, cheers