XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

daynamic sport mode problom

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 08:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default daynamic sport mode problom

Hello everyone.
I have a problem whit my dynamic sport mode.
When I engage dynamic mode put the gear in the sport and inter the manual mode by pressing the shifter on the steering-wheel the car changes gear by itself at 4000-5000 rpm.
I read that in manual mode the car doesn't shift gears by itself. Even if I hit the rev limiter.
And no matter what I try. (Sport mode, manual, dynamic sport mode, manual) it still shift gear up by itself. even in regular sport mode, (not manual)
so my feeling is I don't get maximum power from the engine as I should because it shifts gears earliy
can any one know Why can it be?
no engine probloms.
no reduse power problam.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I did a little reading and investigating on my own.
And this is what I got so far.
The engine in my car has replaced a few years ago whit a 508ps not include the supercharger.
So every thing is the same except a lower compression rate that is lower in the supercharged engine.
And the CAMSHAFT PROFILE SWITCHING SOLENOID that doesn't exist in the SC engine.
becose the SC engine has no INTAKE CPS TAPPET.
So the only bad code I get is an open circuit off the solenoid . (which light up the chack engine permently)
Because the connectors are not connected to anything.
Can this be the problem of the erly gear shifting?
if i will buy the solonoids and conect them in the "air" will it make the bad code disaperd?

from the np10 manual:
"The CPS solenoids control the supply of oil pressure to the hydraulic tappet locking pins, allowing the camshaft profile to be changed to adjust the intake valve lifting height from 5.5 mm to 10.53mm. The CPS solenoids receive a fused battery supply from the main relay. The ECM provides a ground for the solenoid, which actuates a valve within the solenoid allowing oil pressure to adjust the camshaft profile. The ECM can diagnose the operation of the CPS solenoids and store fault related codes. NOTE: If the CPS solenoids fail, high valve lift is disabled."