XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Disable Automatic Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Eco Start

Originally Posted by Freddy J
Thanks Thermo,
I go to the Jag Dealer in Annapolis for warranty service. I concur with your opinion. I appreciate the advice regarding hooking up a STDP switch and pin locations. I don't think I want to go through the hassle, though. I'll live with it. However, in as much as you have the schematics, do you have any suggestions about cleverly disabling the Eco Stop Start function so that I don't have to put up with pushing the off button every time I fresh start the car. I know I can disable it by disconnecting the negative cable to the small battery but that also produces a fault code. Any knowledge with regard to tricking the system like using any of the Stop Start inhibitors like the trailer light circuit to fool the system into thinking you have a trailer and inhibit the function? Or using the brake boost sensor circuit which also inhibits the function?

Search the forum and/or "Google" disconnect Eco Start/Stop Jaguar. There's a lot of detail on the subject and many "how tos", based on year and model. Originally, all one had to do is disconnect the small battery, as newer models came out, it was buried way down deep in the electronics, but still doable.
King Fala

Old 08-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by XJsss
On my XJ if I hold both mirror select buttons to adjust on the drivers door simultaneously that will either turn on or off the folding mirror feature
thanks this tip worked for me.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:48 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XJsss
On my XJ if I hold both mirror select buttons to adjust on the drivers door simultaneously that will either turn on or off the folding mirror feature
Holding both mirror select buttons on the driver's door of my 2017 Jaguar XJL (Supercharged) only folds the mirrors in / out. How do I determine if the "folding mirror" feature is being turned on / off?

Old 08-07-2020, 04:11 PM
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

My 2014 XJ does what yours does. Holding both mirror selector buttons down either folds them or opens them both. I could only get them shut off at the dealer. However, getting the folding feature turned off also turns off the remote mirror adjustment as well.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:20 PM
Received 358 Likes on 229 Posts

delete-wrong section

Last edited by Dwight Frye; 04-24-2021 at 03:22 PM. Reason: delete
Old 11-05-2021, 05:59 AM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Double locking

Originally Posted by KingFala
Interesting conversation. I like mine to fold upon locking, considering the fact that I can't even remember locking the car as I'm walking away from it. *Well, not exactly, but close!) But upon looking back, when I see the mirrors folded, then I know. Yes, I know that if the locking button is pressed twice, the dinky little horn does it "Beep", but since I don't like to announce anything, the mirror position is my reassurance.

I know, I'm old.
King Fala
Actually, pressing the lock button twice does more than just give a beep. It locks the interior door handles as well as the outside ones, so someone can't break a window and open a door from the inside.