XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Help with the color of steering and seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 06:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with the color of steering and seats

Hello everone
I have an Xjl jaguar 2015 it has some minor scratches on the steering wheel and driver seat... I’m trying to find the best match leather dye color for the steering and seats I found the sticker that says my trim color is AAA but couldn’t know what color exactly it is! So I need your help with letting me know the color name of both the steering and car seats and what would be the best product to fix minor scratches on both? I attached pix for the interior... Thanx a lot

Close up to steering color

Close up to seats color

Close up to steats

Old 03-23-2019, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,145 Likes on 3,385 Posts

That color combination appears to be the same as mine, Cashew (light) and Truffle (dark). As explained below, you should be able to repair the damage to your leather yourself. It's a very easy DIY process, just take your time.

I also have a 2009 XKR Portfolio convertible, with an Ivory and Slate interior.

Several years ago, I noticed that the Ivory leather of the upper left side bolster of my driver's seat was beginning to show signs of wear so, before it got too bad, I decided to touch it up with water-based leather dye custom color matched from Dynamix of the UK. Contact them with your leather color code. For details, see: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...t-wear-122891/

It was a perfect color match, and very easy to apply using the supplied sponge. I cleaned the side bolster, let it dry, and then put a small amount of dye on the sponge and dabbed it on. I was skeptical, but after it dried all of the cracks and abrasions were completely filled in and my driver's seat looked like new! I had to look very closely to tell where the dye was applied.

My driver's seat still looks like new, but I changed how I get into the car. Previously, I put my right leg in first, and then slid my side against the bolster to sit down, which caused the abrasion to that bolster. Now, I plop by butt in the seat first, and then swing my legs around and in. No more wear to that bolster.

Last edited by Stuart S; 03-23-2019 at 09:26 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart S:
Hadeel (03-24-2019), KiwiJon (08-22-2023)
Old 03-24-2019, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can you plz help with steering color code

thanks alot @Stuart S! as i said i was able to find the seats color code which is AAA but couldn't find the steering wheel color code "you are right it is dark truffle same as yours" so can you pleaseeeee let me know what is the code for the dark truffle? thanks again for your reply it was very helpful!

Old 03-24-2019, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member

You can use the Thanks button on the bottom right corner of a post.

To get accurate color code information, call your local Jaguar dealer's parts department and give them your VIN. They should be able to look up your trim codes.

Your interior is Cashew and Truffle. The lighter shade is Cashew, and the darker shade is Truffle. There is no "dark truffle" color.

The following users liked this post:
Hadeel (03-24-2019)
Old 08-21-2023, 09:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can someone help me with mine? Sticker trim says AAA DC. And my arm rest is smooth leather, the same as the dash. Thx

Old 08-22-2023, 06:01 AM
Veteran Member

danu99,

Your Public Profile shows that you're in Romania and have a 2010 XJ.

See my Post #2, above. Your leather is the same as in my 2013 XJ, Cashew and Truffle. The lighter color is Cashew and the darker color is Truffle. Differences in colors on this website are due to different cameras and lighting conditions.

We both have the wood and leather steering wheel, but my wood is Burl Walnut and yours is Figured Ebony.

Stuart

The following users liked this post:
danu99 (08-22-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 06:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thx Stuart.
can someone help me with contact for the firm that maker paint for the leather? I can’t seem to find any contact for that. Or…. Some other firm that provides paint that works.
so….. email…. Phone….. what’s app for eny firm that makes paint for the leather….: thanks
Originally Posted by Stuart S
danu99,

Your Public Profile shows that you're in Romania and have a 2010 XJ.

See my Post #2, above. Your leather is the same as in my 2013 XJ, Cashew and Truffle. The lighter color is Cashew and the darker color is Truffle. Differences in colors on this website are due to different cameras and lighting conditions.

We both have the wood and leather steering wheel, but my wood is Burl Walnut and yours is Figured Ebony.

Stuart