XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

P0234-77 turbo over boost

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 06:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0234-77 turbo over boost

I have been experiencing recurring error code PO234-77 Turbo Over Boost Conditioner. At the same time I also get a warning that the Diesel Exhaust Filter requires cleaning so each time I drive the car for 20 minutes as instructed.
I already changed throttle body + sensor. Clean up dpf+ changed sensor+ changed temperature sensor.
nothing help. I founded same problem on forum Jaguar XF and he also changed turbocharger and still has problems. Today I went back to dealership 5 times and spoke with one mechanic and he told me that all Jaguar’s has big issues with throttle body. I also recognise oil leaks under new throttle body . In main opinion that leak causes high pressure in turbo and that’s why oil is in throttle body( shouldn’t be there)Any one can help me with that please?

Old 02-03-2022, 07:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi there mate, did you have any luck with your issue?

I have been experiencing the exact same issue. the P0234 fault along with a DPF regen every time i start my vehicle. I drive for 10 15mins and then it says regen complete when i know in fact there is no way the regen could have been completed.

apreciate your response.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Studi ltd
I have been experiencing recurring error code PO234-77 Turbo Over Boost Conditioner. At the same time I also get a warning that the Diesel Exhaust Filter requires cleaning so each time I drive the car for 20 minutes as instructed.
I already changed throttle body + sensor. Clean up dpf+ changed sensor+ changed temperature sensor.
nothing help. I founded same problem on forum Jaguar XF and he also changed turbocharger and still has problems. Today I went back to dealership 5 times and spoke with one mechanic and he told me that all Jaguar’s has big issues with throttle body. I also recognise oil leaks under new throttle body . In main opinion that leak causes high pressure in turbo and that’s why oil is in throttle body( shouldn’t be there)Any one can help me with that please?

Hi. I hope I can help you. I had exactly same problems and did same things like you. I spend fortune . People who works in Jaguar service make me sick. I was filling that they want me spend more and more. I spend all money for nothing. You need just change oil separator which cost just about 30Ł From Jaguar.
Now according to leak under throttle body.
the hose clump or clips need be properly fix.
Pull out that clips, set up hose in correct position and put back clips. You will hear click. That sounds like all is ok but it’s not. That click just let you know that top clip on the right is correctly fit . But there is one more position where clips must be clicked. That is on left side on the bottom of throttle body. You need just spin little bit hose until you will hear click. I don’t remember which side left or right. That I founded my self.
how to trust those idiots from Jaguar. I can’t believe they didn’t know about that. If any problem text me.
since I did that I don’t have any problems and enjoy driving again
Those mechanic talking rubbish about throttle body.When I told them about oil separator they been surprise that Jaguar is
got that.madness

Last edited by Studi ltd; 02-03-2022 at 12:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Yanni (06-18-2023)
Old 02-03-2022, 12:25 PM

Thanks alot mate, this is very helpful information. I will pass on this to my mechanic when I see him so that no time is being wasted to diagnose it! Really appreciate it

Old 02-03-2022, 12:33 PM

Mate they wanted change twin turbo for about 7000Ł. Don’t let them diagnose nothing. Do that and all your problems will gone. Good luck. Let me know about progress

Old 02-03-2022, 01:25 PM

Just doing a little research on the part I require is the below image the oil separator I require? Seems like there are a few images which come up when I check 'oil separator' thanks again

Old 02-04-2022, 02:45 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Studi ltd
I have been experiencing recurring error code PO234-77 Turbo Over Boost Conditioner. .....
Originally Posted by nabze
hi there mate, did you have any luck with your issue?
Before either of you spread this same issue across any more of our forums, please have the courtesy to visit New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about your vehicles and locations.

We're an International forum and, as Jaguar specifications vary across World markets and by Model Year, where you are and what you drive is important to relevant replies.

Graham

Old 07-04-2022, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for valuable information. I had a very similar story with ma FPACE 3.0D 2017. During routine oil and filter change 2 months ago they also cleaned air sensor, because engine light was on. After few weeks I got this light back, but it went out next day. Just few days ago I had this light again for 2 days and the dissapeared. Nevertheless I went for diagnostics to Jaguar dealer again and they told me that air sensor was fouled by oil coming from turbocharger and it can fail and damage the engine in near future. The error code : P0234-77(Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" overboost condition- Commanded position not reachable. Cost of twin turbo replacement 8k EUROS! My car has 133K km(83k miles). When I was leaving dealer they adviced me to drive for next 20 min at 2500 rpm, since exhaust filter recuperation started. I went for a ride and the light of successful filter recuperation went on after 2 minutes of driving. Thats really odd.
I will definitely get changed oil separator and check if hoses are properly clippped.
By the way how many miles or KM you did since you solved this problem?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
220704151450_0001.pdf (256.8 KB, 239 views)
Old 07-04-2022, 09:11 AM

Yanni I had dame issue, changed oil separator and issue was resolved immediately, its been 3months already and sign has not come back. Fingers crossed it doesn't!

The following users liked this post:
Yanni (07-04-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck with that Nabze