XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

software upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question software upgrades

Well here we are in October and still no notification from Jag of the upgrades that were supposed to be here. Anyone received notification to bring in your XJ and have the upgrade performed?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer just said they have an internal meeting on it in his dealership this afternoon and that the software upgrade will be available within the next couple of weeks

Old 10-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just got a call from Jaguar USA advising tht the that the new software will be install in my XJL next week

Old 10-07-2010, 06:08 PM

I wonder what it involves? Just a quick pop-in visit to get it done or a more involved leave-the-car visit?

Old 10-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

What models and model years are expected to have software updates? Mine is a 2002 XJ8L with no problems that I am aware of.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 PM

We're just talking about the 2011 XJ here...the one with the virtual dash display, touch screen and buttons all over the steering wheel. There is SO much potential for superb driver interaction and ease of use with all this technology, and the car is SO far away from that now, with ridiculously cludgy ways of doing things. eg., too much time searching for and pressing buttons on the touch screen instead of keeping eyes on the road.....which could be easily accomplished if full use was made of voice control and also the little navigation pad on the right of the steering wheel (to scroll, select etc)

I doubt whether this software upgrade will be an answer to all my dreams, but hopefully will get some way there...

Old 10-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

hang in there im still coding the new software for your cars! =D

Old 10-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Angry

Well about an hour after I posted yesterday I had the car washed and it would not start. had to have it towed into dealer who still has the car. not sure if this is directly related to the software issue or not. bummer. third time now.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:40 AM

I think the problem is that you need to change your user name to 'Start-eke' ;-).........but seriously that must be a real pain and hopefully these major problems (assuming software-related) will also be fixed by the software upgrade.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:20 PM

if changing my user name would fix the problem i am there. lol.
just heard from dealer and once again all they did was the cold boot. this is really high tech all they do is remove both battery cables and strike them together and it fixes the problem until the next time. problem is you dont know when the next time will be.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by canuhandle
Just got a call from Jaguar USA advising tht the that the new software will be install in my XJL next week
I got the same call from jaguar USA and my dealership, both yesterday

Old 10-09-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ngregson
I wonder what it involves? Just a quick pop-in visit to get it done or a more involved leave-the-car visit?
I was informed that I would need to leave my car all day. My appointment is next Thursday at 8am

Old 10-09-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ngregson
I got the same call yesterday. From jag USA and my dealership on the same day
D

Old 10-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes i finally finished the software and put it on a cheap blank cd, and sent it to jaguar, so you will be getting the new software soon Lol

Old 10-14-2010, 03:47 PM

Has anyone had the new software installed yet and can give an overview of what is new? Mine will be done next Mon or Tues.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:12 PM

My car has been in the shop since Thursday to complete the extended PDI and for the software enhancement and they think it will be done tomorrow. That's 4+ work days - my service advisor says there were 52 pages of updates.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:58 AM

Took mine in last Thursday got my car back the next day. Everything is working fine. They also perform other recall actions to include adjusting the sunroof cover, repaired the antenna cover in the rear window, replaced the battery, adjusted the tray table in the rear and performed the entire software upgrade. Picked that Friday afternoon all is well. The voice activation is very solid. The navigation and phone are very good you never have to touch the screen or take your eyes off the road

I had the 1200 watt system. Sound outstanding, but the is an odd sound coming from the right front bass speaker, not a major distraction, but since the system sound so good you can tell if something is not right. Sounds as if the channel is clipping. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-21-2010, 07:17 PM

I notice from time to time a bit of vibration from the right hand front speaker. Not really distortion but sounds as if certain frequencies set off a vibration. As you say, though, it's a great system, and the periodic vibration doesn't really seem like a flaw or bother me.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Alpha-Jag-XJL
Took mine in last Thursday got my car back the next day. Everything is working fine. They also perform other recall actions to include adjusting the sunroof cover, repaired the antenna cover in the rear window, replaced the battery, adjusted the tray table in the rear and performed the entire software upgrade. Picked that Friday afternoon all is well. The voice activation is very solid. The navigation and phone are very good you never have to touch the screen or take your eyes off the road

I had the 1200 watt system. Sound outstanding, but the is an odd sound coming from the right front bass speaker, not a major distraction, but since the system sound so good you can tell if something is not right. Sounds as if the channel is clipping. Anyone else have this problem?
All's fine with my 1200W system. If it is clipping in only one channel, it could be just in the hardware: amp, speaker, or wiring. Does it happen in all audio modes, i.e. Radio, Satellite, CD, iPod, downloaded?

I no longer have any of my downloaded CDs (located in "My Music") listed after the software update. Did that happen to anyone else?