XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

ADHLS_R, RHLCM and SDD

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ADHLS_R, RHLCM and SDD

I have a 04 XJR with 154k Miles. I recently got a VCM and SDD130. I scanned the car and was unable to communicate with the Right hand lighting control module (RHLCM). The right headlight has never adjusted itself as the left does and there has always been a whirring sound from that corner I just always thought it was the Aux pump. Until I turned the high beams on the other day and the noise stopped. I have the ghost flicker on the headlights but I blame that on the turn signal stalk because it effects both lights.
My problem now is that I used the headlight setup in SDD and now the Right low beam clicks like a strobe light. The high beam does not turn on at all. The parking light above high beam and turn signals do both work fine. I have not swapped and bulbs from side to side since the Sdd run. I will do that tomorrow. I can't find any information pertaining to the right hand control module. I originally looked for info on ADHLS modules from info i found on here but seems those are for the xtype.
So even if I blew the bulbs im still looking for info on the right side module.
Is it the headlight unit itself the actual module?
I think the constant noise is the stepper motor running as it may have broken free from its connection or its just broken. I have another light unit but its smashed on the low beam side. I got it for the ballast and stepper motor. I don't know if i plug it in if will be able to communicate with it either.
any help, suggestions or exp. Would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:36 PM

Well I changed the bulbs and still no lights. Decided I was going to take the bumper off and pull the light out. Maybe clean up the earth grounds. I started with removing the side marker lights and that about as far as I got. Removed the first one on right front next to the problem light. There was no bulb and the socket was corroded all the way back to the harness.

Socket replacing with 1H0949111

Bad side marker harness. Replacing with D067B harness

It took about 15 minutes to figure out how to get the first side marker light out. I used a trim tool on the bottom as i could find no room at the top to get a tool into. Pushed it up and popped out the bottom then pried down from the top to release spring clips.

Side markers. Clips are on top side.

So my opposite corners were toast. Right front and left rear. Corroded all the way to the harness. Left front was perfect and only one that lit. Right rear bulb was blown but the light housing was busted before i took it out.
After hours of internet searching I ordered some parts. Seems like anything OEM on the right side of the car is really hard to find.

Light socket. VW part. 1H0949111 $20
harness that holds the socket. D067B $16

The light socket also comes on the OEM light housing. Mine are yellow in front and red in back.

Numbers from back of lights
LR/RF
R FR. 2W9313B455A
L RR. 2W9315A424A

RR/LF
L FR. 2W9315A425A
R RR. 2W9313B454A

I also found these numbers. About $60 each and comes with the gray socket.
Right Rear Red. C2C2049
Left Rear Red. C2C2050
Right Front Yellow. C2C2051
Left Front Yellow. C2C10423

Never got the bumper off. Parts come in a few days but I'm back to work the next 4 nights so its held off till then.

Still looking for Right hand lighting control module info also.

Thanks

The following users liked this post:
mbwillgrubs (04-18-2020)
Old 04-15-2020, 09:52 PM

Made some progress today. Removed bumper and headlight units. Swapped locations and issue stayed on the right side. Hooked up a spare unit and it was seen by SDD. The module shows the donor cars vin but seems to operate normaly on left side of car. Since the issue stayed with the right side of the car I checked the ground stud and the nut was loose. Gently tightened it up and both lights work just fine now. I did try the old ballast/module and SDD still couldnt talk to it.

Is there a way to program the light module to my vin or should i not worry about it?
SDD told me to manually adjust the lights. Could this be from no height sensor data due to air shock delete?
If I opt out of the moving headlights would i just pull the 2 dip light fuses and manually adjust them?

Some observations
the whirring sound was the SC pump in the lower bumper.
neither headlight works if they are not both plugged in.
check your various sockets and plugs. Im finding a few that are badly corroded.

Last edited by Steven B.; 04-15-2020 at 11:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mbwillgrubs (04-18-2020)