XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Hello All, I've got an unusual problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hello All, I've got an unusual problem

Hello, welcome to the forum!!

I drive a 2004 XJ8 with 4.2 engine too!
This is my first winter with the car and I have the same problem with the air suspension.
What's more, when it is freezing outside, my car not only writes AIRS SUSPENSION FAULT on the computer, but lowers itself so much, and can not lift itself up. In cold weather, it is almost impossible to drive the car. I have to stop every 10km for 5-10 minutest, to give time for the car to lift up itself. It always says Air Suspension Fault and Vehicle Too Low warnings. A send pics for you to see what is looks like.

I went to the dealership and they told me they can not find the problem. They checked that there are no leaks on it, the compressor is ok, so they do not know. I became really nervous, because they told me: "We do not know, have a great day, good bye!"

But I still can't use my car, because it really is an embarrassing problem!

Otherwise check AIR SUSPENSION FAULT topic here in XJ8 forums, there is a lot of discussion about this topic!

Have a great day,

Attila

Old 01-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds like a your ignition door flap is sticking open .when yu look into the barrel you shud not be able to look into it . Shud only see a door . If you see no door then the flap is stuck causing the remote to give a error tone and the seas stayfoeward which will also drain the battery . Spray some wd40 in there and work free with the key.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:30 AM

Ais suspension 90 percent of the time are a faulty compressor . And if the car is lowering you may have a small leak somewhere usually a shock

Old 01-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Jag Genius,
Where is the ebay store you list in your signature?
I can't seem to locate it.
Chad

Old 01-19-2009, 06:04 PM

I ve closed it for now . When people need things i just get them a quote and they purchase it thu paypal

Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_genius
Sounds like a your ignition door flap is sticking open .when yu look into the barrel you shud not be able to look into it . Shud only see a door . If you see no door then the flap is stuck causing the remote to give a error tone and the seas stayfoeward which will also drain the battery . Spray some wd40 in there and work free with the key.
I had this problem, and followed JG's advice. Worked like a charm.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by attilas
Hello, welcome to the forum!!

I drive a 2004 XJ8 with 4.2 engine too!
This is my first winter with the car and I have the same problem with the air suspension.
What's more, when it is freezing outside, my car not only writes AIRS SUSPENSION FAULT on the computer, but lowers itself so much, and can not lift itself up. In cold weather, it is almost impossible to drive the car. I have to stop every 10km for 5-10 minutest, to give time for the car to lift up itself. It always says Air Suspension Fault and Vehicle Too Low warnings. A send pics for you to see what is looks like.

I went to the dealership and they told me they can not find the problem. They checked that there are no leaks on it, the compressor is ok, so they do not know. I became really nervous, because they told me: "We do not know, have a great day, good bye!"

But I still can't use my car, because it really is an embarrassing problem!

Otherwise check AIR SUSPENSION FAULT topic here in XJ8 forums, there is a lot of discussion about this topic!

Have a great day,

Attila

90% of the time it is blamed on the compressor which is the wrong answer.

There is something about the design of the Jaguar front shocks that make them very susceptible to air leaks in really cold weather. I like lots of other people have suffered this problem and my solution was to replace my front shocks using a couple of those supplied by Arnotts. They apparently have been modified and without touching the compressor the problem has gone away for me. The cost was around $370 each. Money really worth spending.

I asked Jaguar Canada about this situation and they stated that they did not understand what this would be as they never experienced it when they cold weather tested the cars. However I learned that they had kept the cars in a warm garage over night so the equipment never really ever got that cold. Once our cars are warmed up the problem goes away for us most of the times. Anyway change the front shocks and you will be good to go plus your compressor will last a lot longer not having to work so hard to keep up with the air leak.

Last edited by peddlarbob; 01-25-2013 at 12:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TheSaint007 (12-19-2020)
Old 01-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Banned
Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Why are you folks hijacking this new guys thread?

Old 01-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Jag XJ8 Red
Why are you folks hijacking this new guys thread?
Geez I thought he also mentioned having an air ride fault.