XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

JustJagsuk.com for OEM parts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JustJagsuk.com for OEM parts?

Hi,
can anyone recommend a place to buy genuine jag parts? I went to agents and got my car inspected and they asked me to replace almost the entire suspension system.... Mainly upper and lower wishbone arms, ball joints and antiroll bar links..... Also I have to replace the air compressor system since its too weak.... Checked justjagsuk.com but I don't know anything about them.... Are they good? OEM products? Can anyone recommend them? Or any other place?
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:10 PM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,018 Likes on 721 Posts

Replace the arms? Not just the bushings?? We're you using your car to transport gravel?

Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 AM

actually I bought it recently and very first day I got the "Air Suspension Fault" after few days it started to give all sorts of weird sounds.... So went to the agent and got it checked.... They asked to change
Upper wishbone arms front/rear/left/right (4)
Lower wishbone arm rear/left/right (2)
Boll joints left/right (2)
Antiroll bar links rear left/right (2)
Air compressor assembly

Why do you think replacing bushes only do the trick?
They gave me a quotation but I can get all of them for half of the price from JustJagsUk but I don't know anything about them. Appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Old 08-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 740 Likes on 623 Posts

How many miles on your car Sonic? How many previous owners? How good/bad are the roads in Sri lanka?
Can you take car back to the seller and complain about air suspension fault and noises?
What is the law there about merchandise "fit for purpose"?

Old 08-14-2012, 05:28 AM
GGG
Received 16,820 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Sonic,

Take advice from the guys to confirm you do really need such extensive replacements before committing to have the work done or to buy the parts elsewhere. This could get very expensive.

I haven't heard any bad reports about JustJags and they do sell OE parts. There's another one with a similar name sells on eBay UK who doesn't have such a clean reputation.

Graham

Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 AM

It has done 35000 KMs I'm the second owner. Roads are not the best in the world but with a low mileage like that I'm wondering why. But it makes a lot noise though. I think it's easy to go through the expensive repair than thinking about merchandise laws here.
It is very expensive that's why I'm looking for my options. Such a shame I can't even drive that beauty....

Old 08-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 931 Posts

I'd start off with bushings first.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member

"It has done 35000 KMs I'm the second owner."

That's no mileage at all!!

How can there be so much wear with so little mileage??

My XJ has done 53000 miles not K's and had no work on the suspension!

I would suggest you get a second opinion from a reliable independent

mechanic before spending any money.

I would also contact a jaguar dealer and ask for the history of the car-they
should give it to you if you give them the VIN, and try to contact the first owner to confirm the mileage.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,018 Likes on 721 Posts

Sonic,
Heed the advice from the membership. And granted, we have not seen your car but this highly irregular. Air suspension fault could just be the sensor. If not, it could be a shock.

As for the noise, if its a rumble or knock sound, it is usually just bushing. (Purposely engineered to absorb the the impact, as opposed to the arms, themselves.)

I drive in all conditions and on all roads. I have 200,000 km and have had to replace bushings often. The shocks have only been replaced once.

FWIW

Old 08-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Received 309 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Didn't you just put new tires on?

This all seems very odd, with approximately 21,748 miles or 35,000 Km the suspension is falling out of the car? Could the wrong size tires cause some of your problems. I remember on your previous post that you installed P255/40 18 tires on a car that the OEM size was P235/50 18 that previously had P245/50 18 tires. Replacing 3 sets of tires ( oem, wrong size and wrong size) with this very low mileage also would appear unusual. Another possibility is the odometer has been rolled back and the vehicle has 5 times the indicated mileage or like Guy said, "Was it used to haul gravel?" You should look into this further. This is not normal.

Last edited by edobernig; 08-16-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:15 AM

Hi guys,
Yes it does seem odd...that's my worry too... I changed only one set of tyres. Previously it had OEM tyres whis was P235/50/18's.
We have only one jag agent so it's very hard to get a genuine second opinion. There see few guys who does jag repairs but they are not proper qualified jag mechanics.
Now I'm worried wether it has a genuine milage when I bought it. The interior is in really good condition(including leather seats) so I didn't doubt it. No I don't think they used to haul gravel
Since I have no other option I'm thinking to go to one of those other jag guy and get it checked. I remember previous owner was telling me that he replaced one air suspension. Jag agent confirmed that too. Agent mentioned that the car had been there without using for long time so that could be the reason. I'm getting really worried now.
I have heard the jaguar reliability but didn't expect anything like this. I haven't even driven it more than 100kms after buying it. Bought it three months back. Really dissapointed

Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 AM
GGG
Received 16,820 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Let's put this in perspective.

You have a nine year old XJ6 with 35K recorded Km and recently little use for an unknown period before you purchased it. Whether the recorded distance is accurate or has been tampered with is absolutely irrelevant in regard to whether this suspension work needs doing or not.

If I took my seven year old XK8 with certified 70K miles and full main Jaguar Dealer history into my local Jaguar Dealer today for a suspension inspection I can guarantee they would quote for completely re-bushing it front and rear. It's not a con - that's what a Jaguar Dealer is meant to do - bring the vehicle subsystem back to as new condition by replacing wearing parts. They don't and won't compromise the way an Indy will to save an owner money.

I know my vehicle doesn't need it and I know I can drive it for many more miles safely without this work being done because I keep a check on the vehicle. This could well be the situation with your XJ6.

The worst thing for any car is to stand unused. This is especially true with Jaguars. Take it out for a long drive and then to one of the Indy's for a check.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
edobernig (08-17-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Don't be too disappointed Sonic these are beautiful cars and most people absolutely love them!
It sounds as if the mileage could be genuine if it has stood for a long time in which case you have a nine year old car with very low mileage. Graham has given you sensible advice-you don't need bl**dy Jaguar Agents you just need a mechanic with common sense and when he examines the car, get under there with him and ask him to show where there is wear and where the noises are coming from. Good luck

Old 08-30-2012, 10:49 AM

Thanks guys. Found a guy who does jag repairs. Hoping for the best

Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,435 Likes on 1,941 Posts

I would accept the air compressor may need swapping out as it doesn't last long. These can be obtained from suppliers like JustJags at a reasonable price, and replacement is an easy job, (less than one hour labour). I cannot believe all that suspension work is needed, but I suppose it could be. However, before I authorised any work, I would need to have the wear demonstrated to me with the car up on a lift. My local independent did this last year, and the bush wear could be felt easily.

Frankly, I don't think it is very good practice for a dealer to tell the customer that he needs a few thousand spending on the car without demonstrating the need for it.

Suspension parts are one of the serious issues on this car, being very expensive at Jaguar dealers, and wearing out prematurely, but internet suppliers like above will supply the parts at much less cost, although living where you do, the transport costs will have to be added, plus any local taxes.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 PM

Yes unfortunately we have one dealer for the entire country and they do not have a really good reputation. one of the electric motors in drivers seat wasn't working when I bought it so I went to the dealer. I don't know wether they even bothered to see what was wrong with the motor, they asked me to replace it at a cost of $250. Yesterday I was just playing with the seat controls and it started working suddenly. I think this car wasn't used for sometime so could that be the reason for all these issues with this kinda low milage? Can those suspension bushes have the same issue? Can they get faulty if you keep it parked for a long time?