XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

The not so good

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The not so good

I've already introduce Fritz (the cat) and how good he's, so now is

The not so good and some questios for owners if I may

- You have to disconect the trip computer to avoid seeing instant petrol devouring of the beast, you knew it drinks a lot but still it's quite scary. 13,5 lt/100 km on short intercity hauls at relaxed speeds seems a lot to me, is it really too much for this car???
- The electronic everything is difficult to understand. i 've fixed my mirrors, seat and steering wheel but whenever i close the car with the fob, both passenger mirror and the wheel move even if the steering wheel adjuster is in the off position. how can that be??
- Fritz is too long for parking spaces and being so low (nice) makes it difficult to keep him out of reach from other people parking. Just thinking on 4x4 mums parking on retail outlets makes me shiver. any tricks??
- Want to keep it standard but need a better sound sytsem. is it difficult to change original radiocassette for a radioCd? Is said change on the scope of a normal sound workshop?? Any special connectorsrequired??

I'm planning some family trips with Fritz, I hope he'll be reliable. i'd hate to be left stranded with my wife telling me I told you......

Old 04-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 675 Likes on 496 Posts

Welcome, and congratulations on the new X300

Most if not all the questions you have detailed above are discussed in a variety of threads here in the forum. Just do a search within the forum using the "advanced search" function and you can narrow it down quite a bit. Almost all of your points above are already pretty popular topics, so that's good news!

Regarding keeping folks from dinging the car... people don't care, no matter how nice the car. I just park far away, for all of my cars actually. Hey, it's good exercise

The following users liked this post:
Don B (04-14-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Clasico,
13.5 l/100 km for short drives is not so bad. I get 12 in highway driving at moderate speed. Mine can go up to 17 in daily 20 km commute in highway if temperature is very low (say, below -10 C). It took some time, but I learned to live with it and nowadays no longer care about that.
I agree that the 5 meters lenght make most parking spots unfeasible. Nevertheless, I find it easier to park than my A6, with rear and front parking sensors. To avoid damages caused by the 4x4 mum, I park as far away as possible and seldom park in the street.

Then, I travel long distances with mine, knowing that things may happen when I travel with a 20 years old care. When it does (as recently did with all family onboard), once again I don't care and fix it.

Well, that is the price to pay for driving one of the nicest cars on the road.

Regards,
Jorge