XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Parrott bluetooth carkit

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parrott bluetooth carkit

Has anyone fitted an MKi9200 bluetooth kit to their X300? Specifically I have an XJR6 with the Harmon Kardon sound system. Ideally I'd like to fit a Parrott MKi9200 so that I can take calls and play music from my iPhone through the car's own speakers.

Any thoughts or advice are gratefully received!

Old 02-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,351 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by andyXJR
Has anyone fitted an MKi9200 bluetooth kit to their X300? Specifically I have an XJR6 with the Harmon Kardon sound system. Ideally I'd like to fit a Parrott MKi9200 so that I can take calls and play music from my iPhone through the car's own speakers.

Any thoughts or advice are gratefully received!
Andy,

I fitted a MKi9000 in my x308 last year.
There are plenty of threads and schemes on this subject if you do a search.

If you do your homework, it is a pretty straight forward process.
I considered to keep the CD player as an option (you need to cut that one off to use the audio feeds), but you really don't need it any more.

I use it each and every day I use the car, including playing internet radio over my phone onto the car speaker, works perfect.

E.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ericjansen
Andy,

I fitted a MKi9000 in my x308 last year.
There are plenty of threads and schemes on this subject if you do a search.

If you do your homework, it is a pretty straight forward process.
I considered to keep the CD player as an option (you need to cut that one off to use the audio feeds), but you really don't need it any more.

I use it each and every day I use the car, including playing internet radio over my phone onto the car speaker, works perfect.

E.
I may be wrong but I think the x300 Premium Audio System is different than the x308 sound system (Premium or not). I haven't looked into the wiring diagram for an x308 thought so correct me if I'm wrong.

A few months ago though I put in a bluetooth headunit into my XJR. I didn't do the install myself because of the difficulty and insufficient information I could find for it. I just took it to my local audio shop and they charged me $75 for it which wasn't bad for the half day I would've spent doing the install myself. But maybe just a suggestion is to just take it to a shop if no one can chime in with the correct information as to how to install an aftermarket head unit into the XJR's. With my XJ6 I was able to do the install myself with the wiring harness kit.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 514 Likes on 366 Posts

I have fitted a parrot mki9200 to my x300 with the Harmon Kardon premium stereo. The main wrinkle which I encountered was the fact that there is no iso converter plug to buy, whereas there is one for the normal x300 sound system.
In fitting the parrot, i spliced into the existing head unit wiring for power and the radio mute wire. For the sound output from the parrot, I cabled the wires through the car to the amplifier in the boot. In the premium system, the sound output from the head unit is at pre amp (low) level, with the main amplifier being in the boot. If you connect the parrot sound at the headunit, it is at far too high a level for the amp in the boot to cope with.
When I connected the parrot sound wires in the boot, I only connected them to the front speakers, as I understand that the Harmon Kardon has front and rear channels which the parrot doesnt. Had I connected the parrot to all four speakers, it would have effectively made the system permanently one channel i.e no ability to alter front to rear balance.
I dont have the wiring details to hand, but was able to google it at the time. Phone works perfectly. Music from phone would be about an 8 out of ten; good, but not as good as the very good Harmon Kardon system , not surprising as it isnt using the rear door speakers (sub woofer works though)