XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Strange temporary no start issue

Old 01-01-2019, 01:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Strange temporary no start issue

Hi ! I wish a happy new year !

Since I get my daimler six 1996 in 2016, it is the first time, my car didn't start after a only two days of not driving...

But before this happened, some days ago , when I lock the door with key , the car began to lock and unlock the car automatically several times !!!! 5 or six times ( I am not touching g the key ) , something was wrong.. but I get in the car and as almost overtime, it starts immediately so I think this was an temporary problem .

I Wash the car and parked ... and two days after , the car first start for 1 sec and dies immediately... and after this moment , I tried some times to start the car but engine is cranking powerfully ( battery is okey ) for seconds but don't start ( like no gas delivery and / or no spark )

The key controlled normally the doors lock / unlock ( not as erratic like abobve ) but in the second push to lock , instead of beeping , the light goes on ! ( normally it does it in third time , stays 10 sec or so and turn off )

It was embarrassing... before checking the internet , I bring the spare key ( but battery was out so it doesn't work ) and I open the boot the discconnect the battery and reconnect it to bypass an eventually electronic problem ... after opeening the boot , I heard 2 times beep sound ( very un usual ) and the driver door was open also ...

And I get in the car , and it starts right up !!! surprise and the key fob is returned to normal in the second lock button press , it beep and only in 3 , light goes on , and after the lock , every lock button push activates the light as normal.

I am afraid of having same problem ... this time, I was at home, not stressed but if it occurs again , somewhere else.. it is a problem , I live in Istanbul / Turkey.

I don't have any idea what I did to make start the car the only parameters I have ... I open the boot , driver door was open and it works again ..

Any idea about that / any similar problem experienced and the solution will welcome ,

I wish everyone a happy new year again ,

Best

Last edited by KeremArsan; 01-01-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,213 Likes on 965 Posts

The Security Locking Control Unit is located under the gas fill well that may have leaked water on the connectors making the starting ( dependent on it ) and locking functions to go nuts

This appears to have happened to someone else a couple of days ago with rain

3 steps :

Resolve the water leak , debris clogging drain line , drain line off , the well rusting out ( Appears to be bolt on and cheap an even salvage yard )

https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/u...ler-cap-petrol

Dry out the connectors and maybe the inside of the SLCU with Isopropyl alcohol ( rubbing alcohol )

Do a " hard reset " of the SLCU by bringing both battery cables off the battery and shorting both cables together for a while ( overnight in some cases ) . This brings the SLCU and BPM back to zero state and unlocks it being stuck somewhere in it's logic sequence

There is a concern off losing the stereo security code that is hard to replace

Last edited by Lady Penelope; 01-01-2019 at 03:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
KeremArsan (01-01-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 04:50 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you very much !!! I will try this tomorrow ,

Best

The following users liked this post:
Lady Penelope (01-01-2019)