XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Torque App O2 sensor signals graphs on X300

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 09:14 AM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Torque App O2 sensor signals graphs on X300

Anybody using Torque App to view all four O2 sensor signals? I seem to only be able to get two out of the four sensors to show up in the graph.
Either Bank 1 (O2 1x1 and O2 1x2) or Bank 2 (depending on ECU, or after swapping connections). The other 2 sensors show a very low voltage.

Anyways, I wanted to use Torque to verify when all 4 sensors are working...and then to do my own "O2 sensor orientation" without the Jaguar PDU (anybody care to loan me a PDU?

BTW: Torque shows I am in closed loop mode but there is a feedback error. With the original ECU, I get a "PO158 Bank2 Downstream O2 sensor error voltage high" but no error codes with 2 other ECUs...just 2 out of 4 O2 signals working up and down.

All 4 O2 sensors are new. Maybe I just have a bad catalytic converter (22 years old) and the 2 post-cat sensors are showing very lean (low voltage)...
AND Torque is reading downstream sensors incorrectly as their own Bank.

just dumping some info for determining original wire configuration, which I guess can be swapped by PDU so you don't know which is right...
Upstream
Bank 1 Sensor 1: Green wire
Bank 2 Sensor 1: Brown
Downstream
Bank1 Sensor 2: Blue
Bank2 Sensor 2: Red

thanks.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,508 Likes on 1,175 Posts

The downstream O2 sensors should be flipping high and low with regularity....the on,y time they would zero out is when you are accelerating.

If they are not flip flopping, they are not working properly. I had this issue and it was certainly a problem with the ECU as replacing the sensors did nothing, however replacing the ECU fixed the problem.

Another, perhaps coincidental probably not indicator was that a WDS could not reorient the oxygen sensors. I am looking into having someone else refurbish the ECU, but in the meantime have swapped it out with another ECU I happened to have.

I will report back should I ever find a place that can successfully refurbish these ECUs.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I think my problem is not ECU related. I have 3 working ECUs...but you are right they behave differently (different sensor adaptation probably. also different error codes). On all ECUs I only get 2 of the 4 to display in graph mode (I can swap O2 connecters and they swap banks on Torque). But there's just too many variables (Torque might not be reading banks properly, ECU adaptation, ECU EPROM, catalytic converter efficiency, bad harness). I do have new sensors so that is ruled out. Anyways, the car runs fine but I have to decide if I need a new catalytic converter or not.

BTW: ECU Repairs 1 fixes Jaguar ECUs Our Company | ECM Repair 1

these are codes I've pulled on various ECUs
P0158 HO2S sense circuit high voltage – cyl 4, 5, 6 (B bank), downstream (2)
P0420-catalyst effeciency below threshold bank 1
P0430-catalyst effeciency below threshold bank 2

Old 01-15-2018, 08:45 AM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,508 Likes on 1,175 Posts

Thanks. I spoke with those guys and while they said they could address the overfuelling issue I’m experiencing in my current car with the current ECM, they could not repair my spare ECM, the one where the oxygen sensors were not flip flopping, which was disappointing.

i found a place in California that claimed they could do it, so it’s been these for a month now. I was told to expect it this week. Rest assured I will share my experience with the forum, for better or worse.

I was told by several people that the oxygen sensor problem would not be repairable, so I am extremely interested to see how this goes. I’m almost expecting this to go poorly.

In the meanwhile, I was happy to have this spare ECM. The month away has not been a problem for me. If it works, I will have them refurbish the other ECM...if it doesn’t, well, I might just send this place you recommend my current ECM and see what happens.