XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

X300 Heated Windscreen Connector Location?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 12:46 AM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default X300 Heated Windscreen Connector Location?

I'm curious about the front heated windscreen harness connector is at? currently my front heated windscreen barely works, i suspect its due to corroded connector.

Does anyone know the exact location of this connector is at? is it behind the A-Pillar or...?

Old 03-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,056 Likes on 2,031 Posts

The connector is at the base of the windshield, in the engine bay. You might have to remove the plastic trim piece that goes under the wiper arm to see it. You'll see 2 heavy wires at each bottom corner of the windshield, follow those and you'll see the connector. By memory, the wire from the windshield is about 10" long and then it joins the body harness.

I believe there are relays for the windshield too, once for each side ( the circuit is split in half, dividing the windshield heat into right and left sides). It draws a lot of power, make sure the alternator is up to scratch and the belt is not slipping. It helps to rev the engine a bit too, mine used to have the voltmeter drop when I turned the windshield on at idle

Last edited by Jagboi64; 03-22-2015 at 04:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
trevor24 (03-29-2016)
Old 03-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagboi64
The connector is at the base of the windshield, in the engine bay. You might have to remove the plastic trim piece that goes under the wiper arm to see it. You'll see 2 heavy wires at each bottom corner of the windshield, follow those and you'll see the connector. By memory, the wire from the windshield is about 10" long and then it joins the body harness.

I believe there are relays for the windshield too, once for each side ( the circuit is split in half, dividing the windshield heat into right and left sides). It draws a lot of power, make sure the alternator is up to scratch and the belt is not slipping. It helps to rev the engine a bit too, mine used to have the voltmeter drop when I turned the windshield on at idle
Thank you! i will check if i can get to it later this week. I do believe my is corroded or something, only a few line works on both sides or is it?. there are no visible damage to the windscreen, is there other reason why it would cause such problem?

Last edited by FrozenApple; 03-22-2015 at 05:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
trevor24 (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi I have a windshield which is not heating at all, it may be the screen itself, anyhow I would like to check all possible problems in the hope of getting it going , is there a check list of possible causes, ? I'm a complete novice but I'm making progress!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 03-29-2016, 01:29 PM

Hi I have a 98 xj8 which is not heating at all on the windshield, is there a list of possible causes that I could get through in the hope of getting the heater to work again, I'm a novice but I'm making progress ! Many thanks

Old 03-29-2016, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,056 Likes on 2,031 Posts

Originally Posted by trevor24
Hi I have a windshield which is not heating at all, it may be the screen itself, anyhow I would like to check all possible problems in the hope of getting it going , is there a check list of possible causes, ? I'm a complete novice but I'm making progress!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks
You could unplug the screen connectors and check the resistance across the screen wires. Should be a few ohms, if it's open circuit then you have a defective screen. Could also be a bad relay. I'm not sure if the X308 has those or not, but they do fail.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:10 PM

You could unplug the screen connectors and check the resistance across the screen wires. Should be a few ohms, if it's open circuit then you have a defective screen. Could also be a bad relay. I'm not sure if the X308 has those or not, but they do fail.
thanks i will check it out as soon as i can, trevor