XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

XJR - Passenger dipping mirror while reversing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XJR - Passenger dipping mirror while reversing.

Hi all, got a few problems with my new car, and i'll start with this one as it's annoying me the most.

I'm assuming this is an extra that you get maybe on the 'memory pack', as my poverty-spec Executive doesn't do it, the passenger door mirror is supposed to dip when the car is put in reverse, and return to its normal position when taken out.

Unfortunately it's only holding up half of the deal. I dip the mirror manually to see the kerb, then as soon as I change gear it's gone back to its home position. Annoying as hell, i'd rather just keep it dipped! Any suggestions?

Old 03-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 368 Likes on 302 Posts

The way it's supposed to work is that you put the car in reverse then you have to press the mirror joystick in the downward direction. (the switch must be in the left or right position) Theoretically the passenger mirror should then lower to give a view of the curb. It should then return to it's memorized position when D is selected.

I say 'supposed' and 'theoretically' because the seat and mirror memory functions are the most unreliable part of the XJ6's and XJS's and are notorious for being problematic. Ask me how I know that

Old 03-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AllanG
The way it's supposed to work is that you put the car in reverse then you have to press the mirror joystick in the downward direction. (the switch must be in the left or right position) Theoretically the passenger mirror should then lower to give a view of the curb. It should then return to it's memorized position when D is selected.

I say 'supposed' and 'theoretically' because the seat and mirror memory functions are the most unreliable part of the XJ6's and XJS's and are notorious for being problematic. Ask me how I know that
Oh well, bit of an annoyance but i'll learn to live with it! Cheers!!