XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Suppliers of performance suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:52 AM
BVP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suppliers of performance suspension

Hi,
I just got my first Jag. It's an x308 3,2L -99. I have been surfing the Internet to learn more and this place seems to befull ofknowledge.

My first impression from driving the caris that the suspension is a bit toomuch onthe comfort side. I have always liked firm suspension, although this car is not meant to be aggressively driven (would have gotten more power in that case). But even so, I'd like to upgrade it a bit. I have nointention to make it any lower, but perhaps that is unavoidable. Can anyone recommend suppliers/manufacturers of springs and shock absorbers for my car?So far I have seen some Arden kits, that seemed rather expensive, and various shock absorbers. I can't find any springs though.

I have also seen thatoriginal cars with sport suspension was sold, some typeof sport package-could those parts be an option, if they are to be found?

Suppliers within EU are preferred, but suppliers elsewhere can also be of interest. I live in Sweden. Thanks in advance!
Brgds,
Bo

Old 01-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 324 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: Suppliers of performance suspension

I suggest getting the parts that make thesuspension into an XJR suspension. It will involve bigger brakes and harder shocks and springs. Your dealer or Jag parts house can help with this.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:35 AM
BVP

Thanks, that seems like a good idea!But I think the XJR weighs slightly more than my car.I was concerned that the extra weightis found somewherein the engine compartment,and that it would make my car too high in the front end whensitting onthose springs. But perhapsthis is not the case, and also, the weight difference might be insignificant.Do you know of anyone who has done the same thingto their XJ8?

Old 01-12-2009, 09:52 AM
BVP

In case anyoneelse issearching the forum: Ialso received this tip from another source: http://www.xkz.uk.com/

Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

ORIGINAL: BVP

My first impression from driving the caris that the suspension is a bit toomuch onthe comfort side. I have always liked firm suspension, although this car is not meant to be aggressively driven (would have gotten more power in that case). But even so, I'd like to upgrade it a bit. I have nointention to make it any lower, but perhaps that is unavoidable. Can anyone recommend suppliers/manufacturers of springs and shock absorbers for my car?So far I have seen some Arden kits, that seemed rather expensive, and various shock absorbers. I can't find any springs though.

If yours doesn't have a rar anti-roll bar I'd start there, as the difference is usually quite pronounced after adding one.

Personally, I've found that soft-ish springs with firm shocks, together with anti-roll bar upgrades, work well on a normal use car.

Cheers
DD

Old 01-12-2009, 12:33 PM
BVP

Thanks! Seems like I have to take a closer look at it... I expect that the car is completely to standard specification though. Unfortunately I can't keep it at my home right now, but I will check asap.