XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

Fuel Pump Module Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Pump Module Needed

I All
I'm in Desperate need of an in Tank fuel pump module . I'm finding that there is no epoxies or glues to repair the one I've got . Please help. My wife misses her 94 XJ6 ....")

Old 03-29-2014, 10:28 AM
Received 248 Likes on 170 Posts

Dewd,

What exactly is wrong with the fuel pump assembly? Be specific, we can be more helpful if we know what is wrong.

In regard to glues/epoxy's, most can't tolerate fuel. But I have used Quick Steel epoxy putty to repair a fuel tank leak and it has held up well for a few years. It is impervious to fuels and can be applied to multiple surfaces, including plastic/pvc.

QuikSteel™ Epoxy Putty

BTW, you can get the epoxy putty anywhere, auto & hardware stores.

Originally Posted by Dewd
I All
I'm in Desperate need of an in Tank fuel pump module . I'm finding that there is no epoxies or glues to repair the one I've got . Please help. My wife misses her 94 XJ6 ....")

Last edited by Rob Evenson; 03-29-2014 at 11:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Don B (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 02:52 PM

[QUOTE="Rob Evenson;942896"]Dewd, What exactly is wrong with the fuel pump assembly? Be specific, we can be more helpful if we know what is wrong. In regard to glues/epoxy's, most can't tolerate fuel. But I have used Quick Steel epoxy putty to repair a fuel tank leak and it has held up well for a few years. It is impervious to fuels and can be applied to multiple surfaces, including plastic/pvc. QuikSteel™ Epoxy Putty BTW, you can get the epoxy putty anywhere, auto & hardware stores. [/QUOTE
Well, on the underside of the lid on the Module is a small Doughnut looking thing that the Fuel pump attaches to before closing the lid.
Well, Turns out the "doughnut thing" blew out the side causing the fuel to spew inside the canister so not enough pressure to the engine

Old 03-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Received 12,739 Likes on 6,380 Posts

I All
Hi Dewd,

Some XJ40 owners have figured out how to eliminate the plastic fuel pump module or canister. Go to jag-lovers.org and search the XJ40 archives for "eliminate fuel pump canister," "bypass fuel pump module," "fuel pump canister" and similar phrases. You'll find a lot of posts on this subject. Here's just one:

JagFORUM Logon

Cheers,

Don

Old 04-02-2014, 07:05 AM

Thank you everyone.
I think I'm on to something

Old 04-02-2014, 08:27 AM

Dewd,

That's great news, good to hear follow-up from you. Keep us posted on progress.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Unhappy 94 XJ6 Fuel Pump Module is "Repaired"

Thanks Everyone for All of your help, I Could'nt have done it without you ! I Only have 1 more issue......(gulp)... Well... I repaired the Module with some "Indestructible Epoxy" Good Stuff ! I Got this stuff from a Marine Supply House in Phoenix . My only thing is "When is it going to break loose"? The only solution I have is going with a Back-Up aftermarket Rail Mount/In-line Fuel Pump with its own switch (separate from the one in the tank) Any Ideas ?????????

Old 04-17-2014, 08:48 AM

Dewd,

Good to hear from you, glad you got the vehicle repaired.

My only thing is "When is it going to break loose"? The only solution I have is going with a Back-Up aftermarket Rail Mount/In-line Fuel Pump with its own switch (separate from the one in the tank) Any Ideas ?????????
What I do when I need parts is this:

Local wrecking/ pick-a-part yards first. Look for the part number for your vehicle here:

Fuel Tank-3.2/4.0 Litre-Leaded Fuel-From (V)679207 - Parts For XJ6 & XJ12 from (V)667829 to (V)708757 | Jaguar Classic Parts UK

I don't know your VIN, so I guessed on a range of VIN's for the above example. Get the Jaguar part number from the above site for your vehicle, then enter the part number in the search box to the left. It will return all applicable vehicles the part fits, which in turn will give you a definitive range of vehicles you can look for in the yards.

An alternative, if the local yards don't have anything, is to browse Ebay for your MY and identify distant wrecking yards which are parting out vehicles. Pretty easy to spot them, they'll simply have a pic of the car, but are listing an individual part for the vehicle, they just haven't removed it yet. Contact them via email within Ebay and request if they have the part you need (it may still be on the vehicle). You probably need to supply the part number and describe it to them in the email.

As far as modifying yours to retrofit an in-line pump....I don't know if it's a good idea or not. Just for myself, I'm inclined not to, really hate messing with the electronics/electrical on these cars. But perhaps someone has accomplished the task and will chime in and enlighten us. Hopefully, they have very specific instructions .

Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
Don B (04-17-2014)