XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

WTB: Seat Covers for '89 XJ40/XJ6 Base

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Received 248 Likes on 170 Posts
Default WTB: Seat Covers for '89 XJ40/XJ6 Base

I posted the following in the classified section as well, but wanted to add it here in case someone that is parting out a vehicle see's the post.

I'm trying to locate seat covers for my 89 Base model. My specific color code is AFW (Barley). I think the style of seat I have was available for MY 88-92. I have a picture of my seat style that I can send to ensure the covers would be proper. The color doesn't have to be exact, though I would prefer the same or a lighter color such as Doeskin. I only need the front two seat covers, and really only need to have the passenger seat, the back is okay.

Thanks in advance

Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Rob,
If it were me, I'd keep scouting Ebay and/or call around to the suppliers to see if they have some good used leather sitting in one of their parts cars. In fact, I just went to Ebay to see what they have (and there are some seat covers, but not sure if the ones you need) and discovered some dash wood that would be perfect for my '91! Now I just have to find the cash...

Scott

Old 12-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Default Seat Covers for '89 XJ40/XJ6 Base

Scott,

I'm doing that too, in fact tonight I probably sent close to a dozen emails to ebay'ers that are parting out vehicles, have to wait n' see.....

Originally Posted by MidwestJag
Rob,
If it were me, I'd keep scouting Ebay and/or call around to the suppliers to see if they have some good used leather sitting in one of their parts cars. In fact, I just went to Ebay to see what they have (and there are some seat covers, but not sure if the ones you need) and discovered some dash wood that would be perfect for my '91! Now I just have to find the cash...

Scott

Old 12-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,853 Likes on 1,179 Posts

Hey Rob, About 3 months I was thinking about getting a driver's seat covering for my '94 VDP in AEE (doeskin).

I checked out the guy on ebay who sells new XJ40 leather - he had a phone number in the ad so I gave him a call.

He's located in Florida and has all the patterns from Jaguar and said he could me make one to the VDP spec (thicker leather and contrasting piping). The cost for a new one was around $600 and he explained how to go about replacing the skin, sounded straightforward enough.

Haven't ordered one yet - a few other priorities came up

anyway check it out - the seat cover he was advertising for a bargain price was AEE xj40 VDP but for the "Gold" (which has a different panel layout than mine)

good luck and let us know what you find!

Old 12-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default seat cover

To add to what Lawrence said. I got a NOS seat cover from Pauls Jag in Florida. Great price and being NOS I new it would match colorwise. It wasn't the easiest to install and next time I think the seat will come out of the car to make the job easier but it was well worth the effort. Cary

Old 12-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Veteran member

Ok, so... Because of this post, I ended up buying some dash wood from Ebay from... Pauls Jag in Florida! I also noticed that they have seat leather for our cars as well. I spoke with Paul today to complete my order and I have to say that I could not have been more impressed with the service and courteousness of his business. My stuff already shipped this afternoon. Definite shout-out to another great Jag man down south!

Scott

Old 12-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Default Seat Covers for '89 XJ40/XJ6 Base

Scott,

I was in they're ebay store last night as well, looking over the selection. I'll have to call later today or tomorrow, didn't see the AFW (Barley) that I need, in the style I have, to stay consistent with the back seats.

Now perhaps, ... Scott..., you should stop reading Jaguar forums of any kind, since you apparently have lack of restraint and can be easily influenced.... )

Hope all is well for you and yours this holiday season.

Originally Posted by MidwestJag
Ok, so... Because of this post, I ended up buying some dash wood from Ebay from... Pauls Jag in Florida! I also noticed that they have seat leather for our cars as well. I spoke with Paul today to complete my order and I have to say that I could not have been more impressed with the service and courteousness of his business. My stuff already shipped this afternoon. Definite shout-out to another great Jag man down south!

Scott

Old 12-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

Rob,
Have you been speaking with my wife? She's been saying the same things...

Best of luck finding your leather, and reciprocal blessings on your holidays.

Cheers!
Scott

Old 12-23-2012, 05:18 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=Rob Evenson;641966]Scott,

I was in they're ebay store last night as well, looking over the selection. I'll have to call later today or tomorrow, didn't see the AFW (Barley) that I need, in the style I have, to stay consistent with the back seats.QUOTE]

Rob,
Have you found the seat cover? I have a passenger seat complete (motors and frame from a base 88-89) and the complete rear bench seat, also all 4 door cards (the door cards have seen better days but match the seats well) I do not remember the color code, but I do beleive they were barley, I can post pics if you like or you can send me a pic of what you have and I can see if it is the same......

Best of the Hoidays
Steve

Last edited by jc1kz; 12-23-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:04 PM

Steve,

I sent you a private msg with my email. Thanks for the response

[QUOTE=jc1kz;643982]
Originally Posted by Rob Evenson
Scott,

I was in they're ebay store last night as well, looking over the selection. I'll have to call later today or tomorrow, didn't see the AFW (Barley) that I need, in the style I have, to stay consistent with the back seats.QUOTE]

Rob,
Have you found the seat cover? I have a passenger seat complete (motors and frame from a base 88-89) and the complete rear bench seat, also all 4 door cards (the door cards have seen better days but match the seats well) I do not remember the color code, but I do beleive they were barley, I can post pics if you like or you can send me a pic of what you have and I can see if it is the same......

Best of the Hoidays
Steve

Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 PM

Follow-up

I did manage to find a passenger seat bottom, many thanks to Steve! Still on the hunt to replace the Drivers seat leather, need both bottom and back in Barley (AFW).

Old 01-15-2013, 06:03 PM

Hi All,

Just keeping this post alive......

I'm on a mission to find leather seat covers for my drivers seat. Still looking

Thanks

Originally Posted by Rob Evenson
Follow-up

I did manage to find a passenger seat bottom, many thanks to Steve! Still on the hunt to replace the Drivers seat leather, need both bottom and back in Barley (AFW).

Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,853 Likes on 1,179 Posts

If you find two VDP in doeskin I'm up for one Rob ;-)

Last edited by Lawrence; 01-15-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 PM

You know what Lawrence...... I'll keep an eye open just for you in my search.

Originally Posted by Lawrence
If you find two VDP in doeskin I'm up for one Rob ;-)

The following users liked this post:
Lawrence (01-15-2013)